18 September 2009

DIY Recap

Yowza! There are well over 200 projects linked up for DIY Day! That's a new record! I'm completely amazed by your talent and creativity. Go check out DIY Day for tons of inspiration.

Here is a small sampling of my faves.

The Shabby Nest ~ How to revive a dresser. Wendy showed us how she fixed things up when she hated her first stab at the rehab.

Cozy Kitchen by the Sea ~ Smoky BBQ brisket. This is similar to my brisket recipe. It's the PERFECT fall recipe.

Whimsy by Victoria - Reupholstered chair.

What a makeover! If you want to figure out how to do this, you're going to want to bookmark Victoria's blog because she's going to share how she did it sometime soon.

kojodesigns ~ Salvaged door coffee table. If you loved my door coffee table, this is a great way to do something similar without needing a carpenter.

Buildeth Her House ~ Make your own copper pumpkins. You know how much I love metallic spray paint. This project is perfect for fall!

creative little daisy ~ Rope covered lampshade. Another great use for jute rope or any kind of twine. So cute!

Farmgirl Paints ~ Faux tin backsplash. I've been toying with this idea for my kitchen and I'm totally encouraged after seeing these results.

August Fields ~ Painted piano reveal.

If you've ever thought about painting your piano, check out this post. Beautiful!

Let it Shine ~ Personalized topiaries. I love the real branches that she used for the trunks on these topiaries! She's been crazy busy with projects this week. Take a browse around her site for some great projects!

If you have some burlap coffee sacks, visit Marsha Mpressions to see how she made beautiful pillows! If you don't have your own sacks, then go see creative little daisy to see how to make your own.

~~~~~~~~~~

Huge chocolate chip thank-you's to The Dough Nut for providing 2 dozen homemade cookies as the prize for this week. I'll announce the winner on Monday, so you can still link up your project to DIY Day.

If you can't stop yourself from drooling over these delicious cookies, check out her Foodzie shop for out of town shipping.

17 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

April Pantall said...

I love the redone chair - what a cute southern print!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You have a talented group of readers! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't have time to link up this week, but I sure love looking at all the other fabulous projects!

Let it Shine said...

Kimba,

I am geeking out that you featured me!!!! Love your blog!!!!! Thanks for putting DIY day together, I can't imagine how much work and time it takes, but it is so neat to get such a huge group of creative women together! And inspiring.

Thanks again,
Alyshia

Ruth said...

I love the faux tin backsplash. I will do that in my kitchen when I eventually get to do it over. I love it!!

Ruth

Georgia Girl said...

Kimba thanks so much for continuing this on...I have really enjoyed lurking around so MANY great and talented ladies. Really loving see all the fall previews people are sharing!

M.J. said...

Thanks everyone for your comments yesterday about my cookies! I'm enjoying looking at all your fab DIY projects and getting some great inspiration! What a talented group you are!

MJ
The Dough Nut

Victoria Hayden said...

Kimba,

I love DIY day! Thanks so much for featuring my chair! It made me very happy...glad noone could see my happy dance! lol. I love your blog and love all the creativity I find here! Thank you again...and yes I will be posting on the tutorial soon! :)

Hugs to you friend,
~Victoria~

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Thanks for hosting this par-tay every week. I love it! So many talented ladies (and occasional fellow) out there. Blessings Kimba!

Autum said...

Thank you so much for being such a wonderful party hostess each week! I always look forward to going through the list of links and being amazed and inspired by the amount of creativity out there. How exciting to pop over here and see that you chose a couple of my projects to feature! It's definitely a honor! Thanks!!!

sara@augustfields said...

kimba....thanks for hosting this fun party and thanks for showing my piano!! i've met so many fun bloggers via you....so thanks!! your blog and ideas are fabulous.

Moore Minutes said...

I am BRAND new to all of this sort of thing. There are so many inspirational projects here...I don't even know where to start! :)

grannyann said...

I will need half a day to read all those. I loved the faux tin backsplash.

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

Hey Kimba - I have been to swamped with things to participate lately but wanted to tell you I've been loving the recaps! Thank you!! Hope to join in again soon.

KatBouska said...

Wow Kimba!! Such talented readers you have!!

Wendy said...

Hey Kimba, my dear! Thanks for the shout out!! I just love your DIY day posts!!!

Queen B. said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea you tip toed through my Cozy KITCHEN ! I AM CLAPPING OUT LOUD !! That Brisket really is amazing, isn't it ?!! So perfect for fall,...and so easy too !!!