03 July 2009

Linky Love: The DIY Edition

WOW! I had no idea what to expect when I decided to have a surprise party on Thursday. DIY Day on ASPTL. I should have known that you guys would come through in a big way! Y'all are a seriously talented, project lovin', DIY group of gals! I love it!

I am STILL working my way through all of the great projects you all linked up. At last count there were nearly 120! It's killing me to just highlight a few because there is so much great stuff over there. When you have time, go browse through the links on DIY Day. You WILL be inspired.

Here are just a couple of my faves...

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality dressed up her kitchen cabinets with BEADBOARD WALLPAPER! This stuff is fabulous, you guys!

This dresser makeover from Forever Vintage is Gasp-worthy. So GASP! And go see the "before" picture.

I am now on the hunt for an ugly brassy, woody train to make beautiful like Southern Fried Gal did with this train for her little boy. I have a little train-lover who would flip for this!

I would totally learn to sew, if I could do it in this sewing room from Something to Do. Look at that cool floor!

Amy from Mod Podge Rocks (oh, yes it does!) outdoes herself with this storage box.

You could make this tomato pie recipe (YUM!) using this pie crust recipe (double yum!)

Drop cloth kitchen valance from Jen at Sanctuary Arts at Home. How does she function with all of that creativity bouncing around in her head?

Debra from Bunny's Bungalow shared her amazing island transformation. Part 1 and Part 2! WOW! For real.

Frugality at it's finest...How to make a fabric covered storage container from kojodesigns.

Leave it to Chris from Just a Girl to make grandma's tissue box cover all stylish and mod.

Will someone PLEASE make me one of these adorable corsage t-shirts from Enchantress Three? I like brown. And green. And yellow.

Alright, I'm forcing myself to stop now. I could keep linking all day. You can visit DIY Day on ASPTL to tour all of the wonderful posts. And mark each Thursday on your calendar, because we'll be doing this all summer.

~~~~~~~~~~


The Gigantic Kimba Made Sale is still going on! Get your pins while they last!

15 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

These are fabulous links! Kimba, thank you so much for offering an opportunity for people to share their creativity! Inspiring!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks, Kimba-girl, for including me in your faves! I'm bouncing off the wall over that beadboard wallpaper & can't wait to use it for another project.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great DIY projects. You are right, there are so many talented bloggers out there, and I am constantly inspired. Thanks for sharing a few. Hugs, Marty

Caroline said...

Thank you Kimba for doing this for us...it was alot of fun. I discovered so many new blogs...and thank you again for including me as well in your post.

Chris said...

I'm STILL going through the links, too! Some of your favorites, were my favorites as well. Of course, thanks for the mention. ;-) LOVE this idea, lady!

Southern Fried Gal said...

I was going to use REAL beadboard to dress up my kitchen but how much easier is the wallpaper - love it! Can't wait to add to my {very long} project list as I pour through all the links. Thanks again for hosting!

Thanks for giving our project some linky love. BBC was going on and on about what an awesome job he did after I posted yesterday. He's very humble - ha!

Free Art Printables said...

Thanks for the linky love Kimba! :) Happy 4th! jen

Suzann said...

Happy 4th of July to you and yours

jamie said...

I always love your Linky Love featured blogs, so imagine my surprise when I discover my sewing room as I scrolled down! Thanks for including my project! The DIY party was a wonderful idea. I was able to visit so many wonderful new blogs!

Shannon in Savannah said...

Great links.. I unfortunately don't have a blog, but I do have a beautiful, antique buffet that I made-over for my craft room. Very similar to the one you posted. It's great to re-purpose items and turn them into something fabulous!
Have a wonderful 4th!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh my goodness...I so honored you added me to your faves...I am so not crafty and love coming over to your page and seeing all the places you send us....The talent I have been able to see is simple amazing and the realness of all the ladies who actually take time and share these wonderful things...Again thanks for adding me to your link! Can't waint to see what everyone does next week!
Will have to add your button on my page so others will visit!

Enchantresses Three said...

Oh my goodness!!! How exciting that you showed us some linky love!!!!! We feel so honored that the one and only Kimba liked something we did!:) We think you are kick awesome woman! Thanks so much! Happy 4th!

Brunch at Saks said...

Just found your blog and I'm in love! These are fabulous pieces for DIY projects! Happy weekend :) XO

Unknown said...

Kimba, you are too sweet! Thank you so much!! I love the other projects too. . . I have to say, I'm feeling really inspired now for some more Mod Podging!

Cheers,

Amy

Julia said...

I love the DIY link up! It was definitely fun. I am having my first blog giveaway and would love it if you could stop by and see if you'd want to enter!