27 March 2009

I'm Unplugged



Wanna read about the whole thing? Click here.

Don't forget to link up on Monday with a post about your Unplugged experience.


15 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jenny said...

It's midnight and I'm turning off the computer now!

DebD said...

I just heard about this and think it is an excellent idea. I hope you do it again - or I may do it on my own next week. Thanks!

Magic Brush said...

Kimba- I'm being real... I can't do it. I'm new to blogging (only 3 months in).... so I feel like I still have a LITTLE balance. Although the Lord has asked that I have my quiet time with Him every morning before I check my computer. It's hard. Isn't that horrible?

Ashley said...

I'm not unplugging. I guess that is obvious since I'm here. Haha! Gotta be plugged in at work and as long as I'm here at this computer might as well use my free time for this!

Hope the rest of you ladies (and men, if there are some) are having a fun unplugged day!

Tara said...

Just saw this right now at 11:39am....and i'm officially in after this comment.... thank you for permission to UNPLUG! a beautiful thing....off to enjoy my day w/ my priorities! great movement...can't wait for the next one!

Kelli said...

Wonderful idea. Thanks for helping us keep the main thing, the MAIN thing!

Annika said...

It's eight in the evening and I decided this would be the end of my unpluuged day. Wow! At first this was a very very empty day, then it was a very,very long day, and then a very very busy day! Since TV and computer were out of question I had to occupy myself with other things and got a whole lot of stuff done! It was in the end really great and sort of satisfying and it made me realise how much time I lose before a screen. Thanks Kimba, this was a great experience!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I love you and since everyone else unplugged today, I thought I would leave you comment love. :)I have cut way back on my time, but had 2 deadlines today for my homeschool group that necessitated me being on. It's like the Sabbath, I just will have to do it on another day. :)

Becky L said...

Oh I hope you do another because I'm just now seeing this. A challenge always spurs me on and it's one I definitely need to do.
~Becky

Nicola said...

good for you! i was unintentionally unplugged for a week (computer crashed. finally, this time.) and it felt great after the first 24hour stretch. i could check email in the evenings if needed from my husband's work laptop, but basically it just felt good to sink back into my own life. i was getting too sucked into the blog lives of others.
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

jessiev said...

I made the 24 hrs. I thought that's how long we were supposed to stay unplugged for. I see you say to post on Monday how it went. I hope we weren't supposed to stay unplugged all weekend. I would have never made it. I'll check back in on Monday's post. P.S. Just one day was hard but also pretty cool. Thanks!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I truly tried on Friday!! Even wrote all about it on my blog Thursday night to encourage others:-) I did stay off Twitter, Facebook and my personal blog... so that was great for me! Had work, so I couldn't unplug completely. But I did focus more on work and not other distractions, although I thought about it a lot! Ha! I plan to turn my computer off as soon as I write this comment (Saturday am).

Looking forward to reading about this on Monday.

elizabeth said...

Great idea! Our family does "screen free Saturday" or "screen free Sunday" each week. It's been great for all of us. We don't watch TV, use the computer, play hand held games....you get the idea. We're toying with adding a second day of the week to go screen free on a regular basis.

Smelling Coffee said...

I've been behind on reading blogs this week and had no idea about your Unplugged" day. But the strange thing is that the Lord led my family to have an "unplugged day" on Sat. the 28th! It was a wonderful time with our pre-teenagers. We laughed a lot and listened to each other, and went to bed feeling much closer knit as a family. It was such a blessing that we're going to do it again soon. :-)

Our Complete Family said...

Being unplugged sure does turn into big family fun time in our house when we do it! I think it's an awesome, awesome, awesome idea!
Happy week ahead hun~ Les