18 December 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why that is considered a Christmas song? It makes me nuts!

Anyway...I was completely blown away that nearly 300 (and still climbing) of you linked up to my Open House. Seriously blown away. I love you guys! Some of you shared your beautiful trees. Some did a full-on tour. Some recipes. And some of you touched my heart by talking about the true meaning of Christmas.

Here are just a few of my favorites.



Some quick and beautiful Christmas artwork from Thrifty Decor Chick.



This amazing front door from Southern Fried Dreams.



Our Bella Vita knows how to handle a can of spray paint.



A different twist on the Christmas topiary from Just Passing Through.



A beautiful, beachy white theme from Pink and Polka Dot.



Speaking of beachy, who wouldn't love to celebrate Christmas in this Florida paradise from Lime in the Coconut. I could have showed you every picture in her post. You need to go see the whole thing for yourself.



Monkey Giggles has completely lost her mind! I wish I knew her in real life. She cracks me up!



A Girls Night In with WhisperWood Cottage. She makes me want to move to Minnesota just so I can be her friend.



Meredith from Eisele Family News knows how to work a color scheme with a natural twist.

I could go on and on! Thank you all so much for the inspiration and for sharing your homes and your hearts with me and my readers.

I will announce the winners of my giveaway tomorrow so there is still time to add your link!


Merry Christmas!
Kimba


post signature

35 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

angela | the painted house said...

I love the JOY mantle! What beautiful ideas from those ladies.

Now where are those stirrups?

(Okay, I know, the moment is gone...but I thought that was hilarious, I mean, me? In stirrup pants? The horrors.)

Heathahlee said...

I looked at the list today and about keeled over! I visited the ones I could get to but I'm still working on it! So many BEAUTIFUL places to see! Thank you for being such a gracious hostess! : )

Karol said...

Thank you for hosting this. This is INSPIRATION UNLIMITED!

Karol :0)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks so much for hosting this great Party Kimba! What a great idea...so much fun for all!!!

Lyndsay Wells said...

I'm slowly making my way through the blogs. It's just amazing to me how much talent is out there! I've already found a couple very unique new blogs/bloggers to add to my reading list :-)

Thanks so much.

Suzann said...

Well, you are just the hostess with the mostess ain't ya.? I love your favorite things too. Especially those awesome name tags for the wine glasses. Those absolutely rock and I want me some!!

TidyMom said...

Thanks for hosting such an AWESOME shin dig!!
I'm still trying to get to all the links!!

Merry Christmas!!
~Tidymom

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing these! I especially love the JOY mantle--it's given me inspiration for the bare wall in our dining room!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Love them all....

Shell in your Pocket said...

These pictures are just so inspiring but the tree on top is CRAZY!
-sandy toes

Missy Wertz said...

These ladies have beautiful ideas!

I saw many many beautiful homes and trees at your open house. Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

these are beautiful! thanks for sharing :-)

Leila said...

How funny! My 11 yr old just asked me the other day, "Why is Raindrops on Roses a Christmas song?" All we could think of was that it has snow and packages in it.
Dumb.
Keep up the good work!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Kimba what a warm and gracious (and hard-working) hostess you are!! I am still working my way through the throngs! Thanks for highlighting my Christmas post!! You are the best!!

Decor To Adore said...

This was so fun! Thank you for hosting Kimba.

Holly said...

You touched a nerve with the non-Christmas Christmas song...I feel the same way about Celebrate Me Home (Kenny Loggins) and Same Old Lang Syne (Dan Fogelberg) They both mention Christmas/holidays in passing, but it's a stretch to call them Christmas songs.

Anonymous said...

GREAT IDEA.GREAT TURNOUT...ANN

Tiffany said...

That upside down Christmas tree is the BEST!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

How FUN!!!

Thank you for hosting this super party! It's been great to browse through tons of blogs.

I'm completely obsessed with those cone shaped trees this year. I want them all over my house.

jennykate77 said...

Hi! A few of my blog-land friends are totally hooked on you...now I see why! I love your blog!! I'll definitely be back to read more☺

I love the JOY mantel and the upside down Christmas tree☺ Beautiful!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Kimba THANKS for highlighting me. I'm all googly that you did that. That tree from the ceiling was fantastic, I'm going to look at all of these!!

Anonymous said...

You rock girlfriend!!!! Now thats how you host a party~ Loved it!

Georgia Girl said...

Gosh these houses look like from a magazine...I just wish I had some of any of these ladies come fix mine like oh so cute for the holidays...I have no design factor in my body....

Thanks Kimba for all the reviews you share....I just love those Simply Sat. post...always gives me a new blogger to visit....your the best hostess!

Heather @ Southern State of Mind said...

My heart just skipped a beat when I saw my picture on your blog! Thanks! It has been so fun getting into this blogworld.

Oh... and speaking of spray paint, I failed to mention in my post that I actually spray painted the mirror... and the table in the picture as well. Do they make medication for our kind?!?!?

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow I love it all...and that front door is amazing! Thanks for all your great ideas...I'm still decorating...is Christmas just around the corner or what?
Blessings,
Debbie

Valarie Lea said...

I love the Joy! I am going to have to try that, don't know if it will happen this year or not. :)

Meredith said...

Thanks for the mention! Glad you liked our "glamour-lodge" decor-ha! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Thank you for hosting this fabulous party! I can't wait to get around to all the homes. I need to start a diary of every idea I want to borrow for next year. Thank you also for highlighting my door! I am so excited! I have a tutorial post planned and will get that up within the next day. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

AAAACCCCKKKK!!! Is it too late to join? I still haven't gotten around to do my Christmas decorating post. We don't even have our tree up yet...

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I'm honored that my post made your favorites list! We have an extra bedroom here in Minnesota if you want to visit! I'll go write your name on one of those chalkboard drink markers right now! Let me know when you'll be arriving! :)

Amy

Paula said...

WOW beautiful! Loved seeing all the houses and traditions.

Lucy Mills said...

I've never considered Raindrops on Roses as a Christmas song...and never heard it said to be so over here (UK)!

Monkey Giggles said...

Thanks for highlighting me. You are very sweet.

My mom (who reads your blog but only lurks) called me so excited to see my tree highlighted on your blog. She thinks I'm some sort of celebrity now. LOL

Annelise said...

i laughed so hard at your "favorite things" reference. at my husbands christmas party a few weeks ago, that song came on and a lady we were eating with went off on a tyrade about how that was NOT a christmas song.

thanks for all the fun ideas, inpirations, etc!! i always love popping by for a visit.

Christine said...

Maybe I was that lady the poster before was eating with. EVERY YEAR I tell my husband that isn't a Christmas song. He thinks it's because they talk about packages..... Whatever... It is SO NOT a Christmas song!