08 November 2008

Simply Saturday

GoodNESS! It's been at least two weeks (maybe more) since I've done a Simply Saturday post where I share some of my favorite things from around blogland. Let's get to it!



My new friend from Pretty Organized Palace was recently hired as the North Pole Secretary (at least that's what she told her kiddos). She will send your child a beautifully personalized letter from Santa that talks about the true meaning of Christmas. I love this idea! And if you hurry, you can still get yourself entered into her GIVEAWAY for a FREE letter from Santa before Christmas.



You know I love a good before and after. And I also love gossip benches! My friend Bella from Bella Casa ~ Beautiful Home gives us both of them with this gossip bench makeover! Bella is so talented and my admiration was complete when I found out that we shared a birthday (November 4th). So go see her project and say Happy Birthday!



Vanessa from V and Co showed us a few before and afters of some quick and easy changes she made at home. I'm all about quick and easy! And while you're there, check out her etsy shop. She's one of our Moms Unite participants!

And speaking of Moms Unite...Have you looked at the Moms Unite Shopping Guide lately? There have been lots of wonderful additions over the last week. As Nester would say, "Buy from people. Not robots!"

Would you like to add the button for the Moms Unite Shopping Guide to your blog? Grab the code here!

Photobucket




Melissa from The Inspired Room and Nester from Nesting Place have a whole host of Moms Unite advertisers listed on their blogs too. Let's show them some love!

post signature



Thankful thought - Today we are thankful for our swingset!

16 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I am only commenting because I never ever get to be first (oh, and cuz I heart you. :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Hello! I thought that Santa idea was the greatest one ever. So clever!!! I wish I was clever--being Santa's helper would be so fun.

And I also saw that cute gossip bench today too. The talent in blogland is outrageous!

Thanks for the link to V and Co. I had never been there before so I just popped over to see the great makeovers.

Excellent links friend! Thank you.

Happy weekend to you!

xo

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I stumbled upon Pretty Organized Palace last night...what a fabulously creative idea! And what a wonderful way to remind our children what this season is truly about.

p.s. Never seen a gossip bench before...LOVE it...must have one!

Mom in High Heels said...

Kimba, happy belated b-day!

Sarah Mae said...

Good morning Kimba! :) I've got to get my hands on one of those gossip benches - I don't think I've ever seen one around here - do you find them in thrift stores or what?

Wendy said...

Happy late birthday!

Darlene said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kimba!! Hope you had a great one!

Betsy said...

Thanks for bringing us great sites to look at for more ideas. Love that.

Laura said...

I have one of those gossip benches. It is actually an old telephone stand/table from way back when! I guess gossip bench is another good name for it!

Updated by Lila Huggins (grandmother) said...

Good Morning from Atlanta Georgia,
I love your blog. I have read it several times and never left a comment because I wasn't sure how and then my lovely grownup daughter showed me and I've been blogging ever since. LOL
I want to start my own blog someday and when I do I would love to add the mom's unite. Even though my two daughters are grown and gone.
Thank you for sharing the neat other blog sites. Can't wait to go and see.
Miss Lila in Atlanta

Scrappinfor3 said...

You are always so inspiring to me. Thank you:) I want to go hunting for vintage Goodwill furniture today. . .wonder if I will get away with that!

Missy Wertz said...

I think the letter is a great idea. We are the odd family as, we do not do Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy.... But we still have a lot of presents, candy, DD still gets money for every tooth she loses, and we have a lot of fun with it. We even have one of those silly magic Christmas elfs that lives at the north pole! It is all pretend and we have fun with it.

I won the clock giveaway!!! Yeah! Thanks so much! I sent you an email. Just email me back to let me know what I need to do.

CMB said...

Thanks for sharing these great sites. We had a gossip bench growing up, wish I knew where it ended up!

Shell in your Pocket said...

So pretty!!!

I love that chair and desk!!
-sandy toes

Suzann said...

fun post! i'm going to bop around and check out some of those links - I love makeovers!

Blogger said...

KIMBA!

I never saw this post! You should have told me! lol

You are so cute...I have always wanted to be in your Saturday listings, I feel so honored now!!!

You know how I found this? I was googling myself, ha! on Jean Van's advice from her article today on facebook about branding...I posted it to my profile, too, if you want to read it.

Thank you, Kimba!!!

xoxo,
Bella