18 October 2009

Sunday Morning


I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;

he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.

Psalm 40: 1-3

photo credit: Code Poet

16 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful reminder. Thanks Kimba!

Debbie Petras said...

Beautiful Sunday morning Scripture. I love visiting you on Sunday mornings. Your blog is such a peaceful place to visit.

Blessings,
Debbie

Suzann said...

beautiful scripture this morning.

A Southern Rose said...

So beautiful and so true.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Shilo said...

Oh...yes! He heard my cry!
Blessings!
Shilo

Sandra said...

Praise God!!

Blogs said...

So pretty. Have a blessed day!

~Country Lady~ said...

God's promises are so comforting in a world filled with turmoil and uncertainty. There is no uncertainty with our Father! He loves us unconditionally and will take care of us. To God be the Glory. Blessings on this gloriously beautiful Sunday.

Heather said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminder!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Beautiful!

BTW, is you blog party tomorrow?

xo,
cristin

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Love this Kimba! What a wonderful post!
Blessings,
Debbie

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Beautiful scripture. I think I need to add more of those to my "favorite quotes" file. Thanks for the reminder.

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Thanks for the beautiful post! Have a wonderful week!

Kim

Amanda said...

Beautiful!! Love this...

Blessings-
Amanda

Barbara Jean said...

Oh I love those verses.

Thank you for sharing them.

Have a blessed week.

Barbara jean

Skyes Scribbles said...

This is a great verse! Thank You! our God is a great one he is!