22 October 2009

Decorating with Pumpkins and Gourds

Country Living

One thing I love about fall is being able to decorate with the beautiful pumpkins, gourds and squash that I find at the grocery store and farmer's market. You gotta love decorating with produce.

BHG

I'm thinking about making this simple garland by wiring some mini pumpkins and real leaves to a piece of twine or rope. So beautiful for a kitchen window.

BHG

How beautiful is this simple mantle display done with pumpkins and gourds in shades of yellow and green?

Southern Living

I am in love with these mini-pumpkin picks! They would be adorable peeking out of a pot of mums on the front porch. Here is an easy tutorial from Southern Living.

Country Living

It doesn't get any easier than colorful gourds in simple white bowls. That's my kind of centerpiece.

Country Living

For a more abundant look, try filling a long container with gourds, leaves, apples, pine cones and candles. Pure natural beauty. I love that everything for this gorgeous display can be found in the produce section and the backyard.

What ideas do you have for displaying fall's bounty?

Scroll down or click here to read Challenge #3 of our Make Your Home More Welcoming Challenge.

24 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Unknown said...

Those little pumpkins in the bowls are easy and beautiful! Love all these ideas!

Stephanie @ A Fine House said...

Gotta love a good gourd!
If you decide to make the garland, check out Sarah's Clover Lane blog. Her post today is about waxing leaves and creating a garden. Great craft for the kiddos, or even for us moms.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, I absolutely love all of the beautiful vignettes. Of course the wonderful cloches caught my eye immediately. All of the wonderful produce is so pretty and just so interesting to look at. Hugs, Marty

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the BHG mantel. :) Lovely photos!!! We only have 3 real pumpkins this year. I'm going to put them by the front door. :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love the tray one, Kimba. In fact, something like that would work on my dining room table. Thanks for the inspiration!

Gina said...

I love that garland-I'm inspired to do one too! I love the little pumpkins that came from our garden this year-these would be perfect for that!

Team Skousen said...

So far, I've pretty much just splattered pumpkins ALL over! Maybe I will tame myself and do a cute mantel!

Lara said...

Beautiful photos! Great ideas! I love fall decorating.

Anonymous said...

I also had my post today about creative things to do with a pumpkin and decorating with it. A few other ideas… Here's the link: http://smmom.com/ztuup

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

I love that BHG garland! I might just have to try to make one.

Tammy said...

I love those. I have a huge wire cloche sitting on top of an ironstone bowl and inside are all white pumpkins. It sets in my kitchen on the island. I love it.
Take a look :
http://yarboroughhouse1929.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-beginning-to-be-fall-in-home.html

tammy

Aiming4Simple said...

I love displaying and eating pumpkins in various forms. I just posted an easy no-sew pumpkin craft on my website. Thanks for more beautiful ideas!

Kathy C. said...

Unfortunately our heat doesn't allow for real pumpkin displays to last long, but I buy a few and then have to buy more through the season. I think I like the last one best, it's so full of color and texture!

Kasey said...

very pretty and simple. thanks for sharing.

bj said...

All of these are so beautiful...especially love the ones in white bowls...

Unknown said...

One of the things I like best about fall decorating is the color. Nature's bounty is so colorful, that little touches here and there are the perfect accent, bringing a little outside in. I like to use the mini-pumpkins and place them in unexpected places, like little jewels.

love said...

Sherrlyn of http://www.borkgrenPhoto.net says...can you believe I found your blog from a Mid East blog! Nice place to land alright! Love your decor.

Gussy Sews said...

my goodness! i love all those pumpkin centerpieces!!! :)

Gussy

Room to Inspire said...

Great ideas - I just love the first photo. Pumpkins and gourds are always so unique and have such wonderful colors...they really are great all by themselves.

Chelsea

Wendy said...

Great Ideas! I have only one little bowl full of pumpkins and squash, I just didn't feel like decorating for fall this year. Maybe I'll step it up for Christmas!

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

do you know where the tradition of pumpkins came from? I love the decoration ideas.. :)

Jessi said...

I am obsessed with pumpkins. My husband does a walk-thru of the house everyday to see where I have "hid" the latest little ones ;-)

Suzann said...

Decorating for autumn is my favorite. I'm going to the pumpkin farm this weekend and I am soooo excited!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

So I put real live mini pumpkins under a cloche last year...returned home the following weekend to a cloche o' mold. Ergo, trip to Michael's tonight for faux fabulousless. :-)