19 July 2009

Sunday Morning


I wait patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.


Psalm 40:1-3

17 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Debbie Petras said...

Kimba, those verses were just what I needed to read this morning. Thank you and happy Sunday.

Cindy said...

Perfect! I feel that was just what I needed! "Sing a new song..."

Anonymous said...

As always you have uplifted me. Thank You!!

Anonymous said...

So true. These verses have always been some of my favorites. Thank you!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a perfect Psalm and such a blessing. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

It's my birthday today, so I'm enjoying this post as my own special birthday card! One of my favorite psalms, and a beautiful photo of my favorite place..the beach....any beach! Thanks for sharing!
LaureAnn

Sara said...

One of my favorite set of verses! I claimed these as my own when I was struggling through post-partum depression. So thankful for my new song!

{Katie Lane} said...

Beautiful photo :)

Kate Riley said...

Happy Sunday Kimba. Gorgeous photo, inspiring verse.

Kate

Richella Parham said...

This is beautiful! What wonderful, encouraging verses. And, as always, what a great picture to accompany them. The photo could represent something different for each one of the verses you've included. Did you take the photo?

Blessings on you as you re-enter day-to-day life after a week at the beach!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

One of my favorite Psalms!

jninecostumes said...

Always a favorite Psalm.

Terry said...

Howdy
oh how beautiful !!!!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing such a lovely Psalm.
I really like the photo .
Blessings to you today and for the coming week.
Big Hugs
Happy Trails

Charity Grace said...

That is my life passage! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love your photos! I can relate to slime and slippery out here on the beach too!
Denise Hull,Mass.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Kimba,
Don't you just love the psalms,
this is one of my favorite passages too. Course, there are so many good ones it would be hard to not choose them all really.
Hope you have a nice week ahead hon,
Blessings, Nellie

A Southern Rose said...

This is such a beautiful and uplifting verse. Beautiful picture as well.