21 July 2009

Furniture Rehab ~ The Beach Edition Part 2

I'm not quite done sharing pictures from my vacation shopping trip that ended at Beach House Chic. If you missed yesterday's post, click here to see more.

Stop. The. World. She took two sets of bi-fold doors, attached a wooden shelf with wood supports and created a bar height counter. I don't need a bar in my house, but if I didn't have a fireplace, I would totally do this to create a mantle-like focal point in my family room. You could put more shelving or even a buffet underneath.

And how about this greenhouse made from old window panes?

I would love some of these hand tool candle holder thingies for my back porch.

Seriously! Look how cute they are!

And really. How beautiful is this river rock table runner? Just gorgeous!

This last picture came from "The Coop" where most of the rehab work for Beach House Chic was done. I told you yesterday that Diane is a master thrifter. She races her way through garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores every weekend looking for pieces that can be made beautiful with a few repairs and a coat of paint.

I nearly fell over laughing when I saw this glorious pile of chairs waiting to be rehabbed. This stack had to be 15-20 feet tall. Diane called it Chair Jenga and swore that she knew exactly what was in there and how to find it. Hilarious, no?



More furniture rehab inspiration:
Painting the pine armoire ~ Nesting Place
1970's china cabinet makeover ~ Life in the Fun Lane
Cabinet makeover with a pop of color ~ Scatter Sunshine
Adorable vanity bench makeover ~ our daily chocolate

50 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Cheryl said...

Whoah, that is one big pile of chairs! Loving that bifold door piece with the ledge on it. Very cool. Thanks so much for sharing your pics. Great inspirational ideas.

flaxandspindle said...

Clever and lovely! I love the runner!

Wendy said...

Now seriously I thought I had seen everything, but that river rock table runner was amazing. So inventive! Loving the "chair jenga"...how funny!

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, that pile of chairs looks like heaven to me!!!

m ^..^

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

talented lady! Perhaps someday I'll be in Delaware! :-)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Now THAT's a pile of chairs! The river rock table runner is amazing!! :)

Angie said...

I LOVE every picture in this post, especially the green house. I wish I lived in Delaware-ha ha!!
Have a great Tuesday

Angie said...

I LOVE every picture in this post, especially the green house. I wish I lived in Delaware-ha ha!!
Have a great Tuesday

Suzann said...

Love the chair jenga!

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

I need kitchen chairs and would LOVE to go through that pile! When are you going to do a tutorial on the rock table runner? I'm sure you have figured out how to make it by now! :)

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

I love that chair pile! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the doors and the shelf and the garden tool candle holders are wonderful, but that pile of chairs looks totall awesome. Wouldn't it be fun to dig through those. Hugs, Marty

Joanna said...

OK...I don't have a fire place and would LOVE to have one. We were trying to figure out something to do to have a mantle....This is a glorious idea!

Oh my! That pile of chairs is huge...what fun she is going to have!

Embellished Bayou said...

Wow, Diane has amazing talent and vision. I would love to spend a day with her!

Linds said...

LOVE the river rock runner! I'm doing a SURFING theme for my kids bathroom and some of these ideas are pretty GREAT! And wholly cow on the chairs...I'd love to take a few off her hands.

Rebekah said...

I'd love to recreate that bifold door bar as a crafting workspace. Not that I'd have anywhere to put it... but, a girl can dream, right? I even have the bifold doors! (So they're my laundry closet doors, and my husband would probably have a heart attack if I took them off and used them to build something. So what?)

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I could have vacationed with you! That chair jenga is hilarious!!! My husband always tells me that if he didn't reign me in our whole house would be one big pile of rehab items. :) I can't help it. I love it so much. THANK YOU so much for including me in your list today. I feel honored!!

Unknown said...

Holy cow. (just what does a cow have to do to be called "holy"?) Those pictures are even better that yesterdays! I love them all, and the chair pile is awesome! Does she have an on-line presence? store or blog?

Beth said...

I want a river rock table runner! It's so pretty. That big ole pile of chairs scares me!

Robin Johnson said...

Wow what a creative lady she is. So many ideas to absorbe. I'm in love with the hand-tool candle holders. Fantastic!

Kelleigh said...

This is awesome!! I would just DIE to see all of this glorious stuff in person. You lucky girl!

And, yeah. Chair Jenga is hysterical!

Barbara Jean said...

Kimba,
Great post. Love that door/mantle/shelf idea!!

thanks for sharing.

Barbara jean

Jodi Nelson said...

That bar would make an awesome headboard!

grannyann said...

I wish I lived near her store. What a terrific hobby, job or whatever she is.

stephanie h said...

WOW! I love, love, love her stuff! She is so clever and her stuff is amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, great stuff. Feels so soothing.

Unknown said...

That is a seriously cool pile of chairs! I would give my eye-teeth (tooth?) to dig through that!

That thingy with the glass tilted together at the top has got my wheels turning on how to use up more of those windows, though!

The Blushing Hostess said...

I have had my eye on the black river rock runner for sometime - they are perfect for ourdoor dining!

Ann Harrison said...

That rock table runner is so unique! How cool. Love the chairs :->

I'm visiting from Mom Bloggers Club.

chanteusevca said...

Love it all! I could live there!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

OMG! That pile-o-chairs is an awesome sight! LOL!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

oH My gOoDnEsS!!! That door with the mantle thingy...absolutely amazing. It is going straight into my inspiration file for hubby to replicate!

~Amanda

Laurel said...

Now that is a pile of chairs like I've never seen before. How would she get to something that was at the bottom :). Love that runner.

jninecostumes said...

The chairs are amazing. I can never find garage sale chairs that aren't covered in that slick veneer. I'd love to tour the work room as well.

{Katie Lane} said...

Love the table runner!

The Bella Cottage said...

That river rock runner is GORGEOUS! I'm following you on your blogspot!

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Wow all of those are gorgeous but I LOVE the door bar. I think I might try it on my outdoor screened patio. IT IS GORGEOUS. I found you on MBC. I am definitely following. I build some furniture and I am working on getting better with finishing and rehab but I am preggers so some will have to wait with all the chemicals. Thanks for the great ideas!

Unknown said...

I need to start collecting chairs like that - we're going to need a bigger table in a few years and I think mis-matched chairs would be so fun. The table runner is awesome too!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Such great ideas! I love the door shelf combo the most. The pile of chairs is hilarious!

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

omygosh, i would've been drooling from the mouth! Cute stuff!

Unknown said...

I AM DROOLING OVER EVERY PICTURE!!! Talk about inspiration~ Thanks for giving me something to dream about tonight.

abeachcottage said...

goodness I'd like to live there lol!

love that fireplace idea, I am working on something similar, hadn't thought of that - have no fireplace and want to create a focal point, this could work

great inspiration, thanks Kimba

sarah

Anonymous said...

No beach trip for me this year but it was fun to shop vicariously through you. I saved a fortune by not going to the beach obviously. I don't think I have your willpower.

Gretchen

Mandi Shandi said...

Love that "chair Jenga", and she probably does know exactly how to get to each one. So many great ideas, especially the bi-fold doors. Thanks for sharing.

Mandi Shandi said...

Love that "chair Jenga", and she probably does know exactly how to get to each one. So many great ideas, especially the bi-fold doors. Thanks for sharing.

Susie Q said...

I would LOVE to know how to do the hand tool candle holders. My back patio is UGLY, but might be reasonable by the time fall gets here.

A Southern Rose said...

I love what she did with the bi-fold doors! Her storage room looks like mine! I need to get busy! I guess that I keep buying old stuff in case I decide to quit my job one day. I will have plenty of inventory to work with. LOL

momof3girls said...

Oh my the chair pile was so inspirational it was enough to get me excited! I also loved the rock table runner - that has got me thinking if I can do something like that in my house ....hmmmmmmm

Thanks for your tips!!

monkeyseeboutique said...

I love the mantle and the chair pile. Great ideas. Very inspirational.

Anny said...

That river rock runner is so lovely