16 June 2009

It's a Garden Party!

It's time to share your outside projects! I'm so excited to see what everyone has been doing. I'll get things started.

Do you remember when I showed you how to plant your own hanging baskets?

Here's what mine look like this year. I did it exactly like I showed you in my "how-to" post only I used yellow Million Bells (miniature petunias) instead of New Guinea Impatiens.

They're growing like crazy and they look so beautiful on my back porch.

Now it's your turn! Mr. Linky is ready to go. Link up to the exact post on your blog. Click on the title of the post in your blog to get the permalink up in your address bar. If your link is just to your blog and not the post, I'll have to delete it. Readers will be clicking on these links for weeks to come and if they can't find your Garden Party post I'll get irritated emails. I don't like getting irritated emails.

Feel free to grab the Garden Party button and use it in your post. Thanks Darcy! And make sure you link back here so your peeps know what's going on.





Now let's get this party started!

58 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

hi my friend - oh, I've been working hard in the yard and am working on a fun flower bed that I was planning on posting. Didn't quite get it done yet, but linked up my fun asparagus story from last week. :)

Lianne said...

Yea! I get to brag on my hard work (and my Daddy's)!!

Sandy said...

Kimba!

You're the best!

I'd love to make a SALAD for you any time! Straight from our garden ...

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Everyone can check out my love of spray paint!

Jadehollow said...

I love the coconut husk baskets.. but the squirrels around here tear them to shreds. Yours is Beautiful.
Hugs,
Debbie

Funky Junk Interiors said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer P. said...

I just got to show off my yard in an outdoor b.day party this past weekend!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Typo, sorry! Had to repost...

Kimba, beautiful!

Sadly, my budget won't allow for glorious blooms this year. However I hope my additions to the party can include outdoor features that don't bloom... :)

Donna

Southern Fried Gal said...

Love your million bells and in that buttery color - fabulous! Thanks again for hosting! As usual I had big plans and had to go with what we had in the end. I've got another project in the works and if it turns out tomorrow I may have to link it to the party as well - is that allowed? OK - now I've got to get you that information!!!

a woman who is said...

Found my way over here from Sandy's hope you don't mind if I join in the party :)

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Your hanging planter looks so lush and full. I just did mine and I'm hoping they'll fill up soon. Have a great day!

edie said...

Hi Kimba,
Thank you so much for hosting!

I linked to a Graduation Garden Party that had for my son Taylor back in May. I also am planning a 'Painted Patio Furniture Linky' next week so I've definitely been in the mood for outdoor 'decorating'.

You have been such an encouragement to follow. Thank you for your openness and honesty and for the great example you've set for the rest of us bloggers!

Have a blessed day and a great linky party!

Hugs and blessings,
edie

Richella Parham said...

Thank you so much for hosting this, Kimba! I'm excited to get to share my screened porch with you. Please, please tell me what color you think my bench and bookshelf should be. (All the better if you think they should be a nice spray paint color!)

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Your blooms look so pretty and healthy! Thanks for hosting! I've been out in the garden almost everyday and have been looking forward to showing off one of my projects!

Manuela

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Beautiful baskets Kimba! Love those mini-petunia's in yellow!

TidyMom said...

Oh Kimba your million bells look SO much better than mine!! Mine are losing all the blooms, I don't have nearly as many as when I bought them a few weeks ago. - yours look BEAUTIFUL!!! - I also still need to get some purdy baskets to move mine into!!

Thanks for having the party!!

~TidyMom

Melissa said...

Kimba~those million bells are gorgeous. You are a green thumb girl. Great idea for a party!

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

Thanks for hosting, Kimba! I just posted about the cottage garden last night so I linked up and joined in :)

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

You have such pretty hanging baskets! I just love million bells!! My sister and I use them in pots also this time of year. 2 years ago I planted one that was kind of pitiful looking in the ground, and it's come back each year, believe it or not!! I'm not sure if it's because I'm in the south or not, but it's lovely spreading across several feet and blooming like crazy! Off now to check out everyone's lovely gardens!!

Karen said...

I took some pictures, some before and afters and can't find my flipping picture cord!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

HI, there friend! I love your baskets. Linked up my swing post recently and some blooms on there too. Always fun to see outdoor projects!

Shelly said...

Thanks for hosting this fun party! I also have a coconut husk hanging basket! Yours look great this year!

Trish said...

Woo Hoo! I love a party!!

Kelly | Purple Lemon Designs said...

Yay! Fun post! I just left you a link to my portable herb garden...Thanks for all the fun links.

Angie said...

What a fun party! I love looking at everyones ideas. Happy Summer!!

MagicMarkingsArt said...

So much to see + so many creative gardens to view = many more hours of joyful work outdoors.

Thank you for the invitation.

Em said...

Thanks Kimba! I love garden tours :) I added mine to the list :)

Happy Summer!

Em @ Bunch of Scrap

Shauna said...

What a fun party...I just refreshed my front door! It's stinkin sassy!!! Thanks for the party. Shauna

Anonymous said...

I added a post today about all the work we did to spruce up the front of our house, painting shutters, front door, trim and planting flowers.

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

Oh! I wanted to party but my computer with all my photos has seized up! Hope you have a great party!

Anonymous said...

Wooo-Hooo! I'm number 62!!!

I bet no one ever says that! ;D

Looking forward to some gardening inspiration! I need it badly. Can you also lend me a green thumb, or two?

Kelli said...

Beautiful flowers!!

Anonymous said...

Love the Garden Party! I posted a couple of my favorite outdoor things and linked back to your blog. Too much fun.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I linked up and am looking forward to checking out the other posts, but on the first one I had an error, so please delete it. Jackie

Christina said...

Love looking at gardening posts. I have posted a link to Victoria's small food garden project.

Your yellow million bells are beautiful and thanks for hosting the party.

To The Moon and Back said...

Hi Kimba! Great idea. I LLLLOOOOOVE your baskets!

Richella Parham said...

Forgot to tell you earlier that I've never heard of Million Bells. I plant wave petunias every year, but these beautiful blooms are a new thing for me. And they're gorgeous! Especially the way you have them planted. Thank you for showing us how you do your baskets. I thought the impatiens were pretty, but these are even prettier.

Thanks again for hosting!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love your impatiens in that basket. Very pretty! :) I didn't have a chance to get to my post to link, but maybe tonight after the girlies are in bed. :)

Jo said...

Your baskets are gorgeous! I think I want to do a hanging basket when I get home from vacation...if it's not too late. I finally got on to the internet today, so I added my link to Mr. Linky...I'll have to wait until I'm on high-speed again before adding the pretty button to my post and checking out all the links.

amybluestar said...

Beautiful Kimba!! Thank you for the awesome links.

Alyssa Rose said...

Wow! I am so excited about this Garden Party! I have waited all week for this! Your flowers look lovely! Great job! Thanks for hosting this party!

CIELO said...

I have certainly landed on a soft and gorgeous place... and I glad I did... flying all the way here was worth it! ;)

Nice meeting you,

Fairy Cielo

Sabrina said...

Dear Kimba... I messed up on my first attempt to link. Please delete #85 Sabrina. Sorry for the trouble.

thanks for hosting.

Mrs. K. said...

Thanks for hosting this Kimba!

BlueCastle said...

Kimba! I finally made it. I've been unable to get to a computer all.day.long. But, I knew I had to join your party. So much fun! Thank you for being such a great hostess. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog tonight....Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy finding new blogs!
Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

So I really want to come to your garden party. I even bought paint for my front door today, and I got the vinyl numbers I won at Just a Girl, in the mail. I'm excited about my front door makeover, but not sure exactly when it will happen. How long will you leave up your party?

Julie G. said...

I'm so excited to have a project to share!! Our backyard is slowly coming together...I've posted new pictures of the plants I've managed to not kill, and check back to see the fireplace as it goes up!

Love seeing all the new projects.

sherri said...

It's fun to peak at everyone's gardens-thanks for hosting!

Mandy said...

We built a swingset - HUGE project, HUGE payoff!

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Ok ... you got me ...
This is my VERY first Mr Linky, ... I am only home today because its raining! other wise I would be out in one of twenty clients gardens! ...
Thanks or having the Garden tours!
Vanessa
RhinestoneContessa.com

Pencildancers said...

I love checking out the links and seeing what everyone is doing in their yards.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh how we love garden parties! We'll have to check 'em out... your hanging baskets are coming along beautifully!
Karla & Karrie

Richella Parham said...

I'm so proud that I finally learned how to import a button onto my blog--your Garden Party button is the VERY FIRST TIME I've been able to do that. But I can't figure out how to make it bigger. It's so big and pretty here at ASPTL; on my post it's itty bitty. Still, a little button's better than no button at all!

mdhdgirl said...

Kimba - The hanging basket is glorious! I try and try, but my plants seem to barely hang onto life. I thought begonias were pretty safe...but apparently not from rabbits. 8)

I want to create a romantic little secret garden in the corner of my yard, with two chairs, a small patio and fire pit. Another project on my to do list.

Amy said...

Woo-HOO! I can't tell you how excited I am to be #107 on your list!!!! Well, if there were ever a number I'd want to be, that would be it. Truly. 107.

I'll hush now. You're awesome, Kimba. That's all I'm gonna say.

joyh82 said...

love the color of those flowers!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

I'm so glad you did this. I'm checking these out, I need help in this department.