15 February 2009

Sunday Morning

photo credit: Simpologist


Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 11:28-30

16 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

These Are The Days said...

I SO need that today...thanks Kimba.

Beckie said...

It occurs to me that this is one more way that we can grow into the likeness of our Lord - by taking on each others burdens and providing a "soft place to land" for our families - a place of peace and rest, where the yoke is easy and the burden is light.

Fifi Flowers said...

What a BEAUTIFUL photo! ENJOY your day!
Fifi

{oc cottage} said...

Amen!

M ^..^

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Enjoy your Sunday...
~Misti

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your blog today and had to say that I love this verse and it's so pertinent for me today....thanks :)

Pretty Organizer said...

Kimba,

As always, a great Sunday reminder. How on earth would I make it through without Him helping me make it each day. Really, His burden is light because He is so strong.

Love ya! Happy Sunday,
PrettyOrganizer

Suzann said...

I love when I come across a verse that my spirit really needs. Thank you for posting this.

Sheila said...

Just what I needed today.
Sometimes I am just soooo tires of the mundane...

Tausha said...

I don't think that I have ever commented on your sunday posts, though I read them every week. Thanks for stopping and taking the time to remind us all of what is most important.

COme and say HI-I am having a giveaway!
Have a great day

Flor Larios Art said...

Very nice, great post.
Happy valentine's Day, a little late. Come to my blog I am having an art box giveaway, see you there!
Flor

Heathahlee said...

Have you heard Kari Jobe's "Come To Me"? It's based on this verse and SO BEAUTIFUL!

Smelling Coffee said...

Some of my favorite verses - always a blessing. Thanks for sharing them. May our Lord bless you with His rest and peace!

The Howe Family said...

Thanks for those sweet verses....in the midst of a lot of craziness....needed the reminder. :)

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

So beautiful. What a great photo!

Katy said...

I love this verse and was actually just singing a song my Kari Jobe in my head that is based on this verse! :)