01 February 2009

Me and My Bangs Are Going

To BlissDom! I'm beyond excited!

im_going_yall Badges



Since I'm from Pittsburgh and there isn't a BlissDom badge that says "I'm goin' yinz guys, n'at", this one will have to do. Maybe I'll need to talk with Fussypants about that for next year.

Speaking of Pittsburgh...WOOHOO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Now onto a more serious topic. If you follow me on Twitter (KimbaASPTL), perhaps you've heard me lamenting the fact that I'm having a bit of a hair crisis. On Wednesday, I went in for a cut and color so I'd look all fancy for BlissDom. Had to cover those greys, right?

Anyway, I went in for a trim and came out with bangs. BANGS? What was I thinking? I'll tell you what I was thinking. I saw some fabulous pictures of Jennifer P. and decided that I had to have her bangs. But I don't have her hair and I haven't had bangs since 1989. Not a good year for bangs.



That's me on the right. The one without the National Honor Society collar thingy. My dear friend is going to choke me for posting this picture again.

So, I want your honest opinion. I know there has to be a few hair gurus out here. The folks in my real life are too nice to give me their real opinion. It's ok. I can take it. Are they too long? Too short? Too thick? Too thin? Do I need to get a headband or maybe a hat and try and pretend like this impulsive moment didn't happen?

Here's the damage.



And a side view...



Could I be a bigger dork? Taking my own picture in my bathroom mirror. Now quit laughing at me and tell me what I should do!


post signature

123 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jenn said...

I love them!!

Lisa said...

THEY ARE AWESOME! HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Shilo said...

I think they look fabulous! They really suit you!

BECKY said...

I've just recently found you and really enjoy your blog! As far as the bangs go, they look really cute and you'll get used to them. I had bangs for FOREVER, and finally let them grow. Haven't regretted it at all!! Cool thing is if you don't get used to them...they will grow!! Nothing ventured...nothing gained is what I say!!
Have a wonderful time at Blissdom!
Blessings
Becky

Heathahlee said...

I LOVE THEM! Very, very cute. And the color is great! I CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY! Can you tell I'm just a little excited? : )

Amy said...

You look great - love them!

Melissa Stover said...

i think you look cute! wish i was going.

OhLookADuck said...

I love the bangs. Totally love them. I've been puzzling why on earth you wouldn't and I can't come up with a thing. Cute, cute!
Have fun!

Jennifer said...

All you need are the peace fingers and then you'll have the perfect myspace photo! :o) I think the important thing about bangs is to style them along with the rest of your hair and not have your bangs go one direction and the rest of your hair go a different direction. Yours are totally cute!

Heather said...

They look crazy natural!! And, seriously, if I saw you out in public (ya know, out of bloggyland) I totally would not stare and point and be like "hey, look at those lame bangs." ... Instead, I'd hang my head in shame and be like "I wish I had a hairstyle ..." ... :-)

Looks great!

Becca said...

I think they look great, and I think they'll still look cute as they grow a little longer (as long as they don't drive you crazy in your eyes!).

I so wish I was coming to Blissdom! :(

Anonymous said...

I think they're super cute! Great length. I did the bang thing a couple of months ago too after not having them for 10 or so years. They lasted 2 weeks and then got pushed to the side :) I love yours, they really suit your face shape.

-Hayley

HouseMama said...

The bangs look great!!! They're perfect. Just watch....all the girls at Blissdom will tell you the same.

Trisha said...

I think you look great! I just had some nice bangs cut on myself so I say this with nothing but love....I think you look younger...I hope that is not insulting because you don't really look old at all. But now just a bit more youthful...ok stop talking now!!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

That's it...it's a deal breaker...you and those bangs are so NOT sharing a bed with me at Blissdom! Notta, nope...how could you?
Girl - you're adorable!
(and I haven't had bangs since then either and I had them for 15 years...maybe a new trend?I've contemplated going back)

Jennifer P. said...

yaaaaaaaay bangs! They are better than a face lift I tell ya ;)! I honestly, truly think they suit you and your face and your style very well, and I'm not just saying that because you were so sweet to stick my name in this post!

Wish I was blissing with y'all, but why do you have to be SO far away?!?! :)

Mary-Catherine said...

Girl, bangs are so IN right now...you look so fabulous and hip! If you use a round hairbrush when you're drying your hair you can sweep them to the side, but its important to have a hair straightener to use afterwards or else they will look poofy..I do this to mine all of the time. There's also that cute little poof all the girls are doing with bobby pins these days, I do this on my "lazy hair days" it's easy and cute...I'll try to find you a good link so that you can see a picture...trust me, bangs can be fun :)

Amber Filkins said...

My computer is messing up, so all I can see is the side view, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I love your hair! It's beautiful. Seriously.

I got my hair cut last weekend, and I hate it! I also got bangs, which annoy me to no end b/c I'm constantly swiping them out of my face. But anyway, it is NOT what I was going for, and now I have to figure out what to do with it.

LOVE your hair. I wouldn't lie.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Um, as long as you sit in the back of the room I think you are safe.

{thank goodness I am not sharing a room with you}

JUST KIDDING! You look so adorable. If it makes you feel any better, I am speaking and I haven't had my haircut since October. Yeah. And I haven't colored my hair since the 90's. I think I should sit in the back and you should do the speaking! You look darn cute, girl!

Can't wait to hang out -- can't imagine what craziness it will be for us all to be in the same room!

SQUEEEE!!!

xo

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

PS. I enlarged your picture full size so it was HUGE on my screen. Your color looks great too--no grays! Aren't you glad I enlarged it to have your photo fill my screen? Yep. I thought you'd want to know. lol.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I like the bangs.
I'm from PA too. Yea, Steelers!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I like the bangs, but if you don't like full bangs just sweep them to the side when you are blow drying your hair.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

You look awesome. :)

But I do know how you feel. When I get my hair freshly cut, my hairdresser gives me long bangs. As soon as I get to my truck, I'm blowing them off my face all the way home. They look cute and make me look younger, but I just don't like how they feel when you aren't use to, well, having hair in your face. :)

Donna

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh.. forgot to add, my hairdresser calls them a 'fringe.' May be a Canadian thing, eh?

Unknown said...

I like them, what are you worried about!? They're cute, I promise.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Maybe a few layers and more wispy...have fun at Blissdom!
-sandy toe

Melanie said...

I honestly think they look great! I would swear on a Bible to it so that you know I'm telling the truth!

Now I want bangs!

Still Learning said...

I like your bangs but if you don't they grow out pretty quickly with well timed trims. You could always clip the bangs only back on top of your head with a barette.. I did that when growing mine out years ago.

But, I like the bangs and I think they make you look younger, not that you looked old. Change is nice sometimes and bangs are really in right now. My last haircut I had them put bangs back in just like yours and I lOVE my new bangs.

Relax, you look great and I would not lie.

TidyMom said...

You SILLY! They look GREAT! I LOVE them!!

~Tidymom

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Monica said...

I feel you... Trust me.

My hair was down past my bra strap for about 7 years. I got a bug and just HAD to have the Posh Spice short bob (I know!?!). I was sick about it. But it really just took me a few days to get used to it. Now I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner.

I think your bangs look fab. I'm a hair dresser btw. Just give yourself a few days to get used to them and I'm sure you'll love them too.

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

They look great! Everyone needs a change. I'm sure you'll start growing them out in 6 months...like we all do!

Jo said...

I'm new to your blog and had to laugh as I too just took a few not so fabulous pictures of myself in the mirror ~ at least you didn't cut off half your face!

I think the bangs are cute. The best part is you can always grow them out with little effort.

Jo :)

The Nester said...

YOu and your bangs look adorable! Can't wait to see yinz both.

Southern Gal said...

They look great.

Has anyone ever told you you favor Valerie Bertinelli? Especially when she wore her hair like that. She's beautiful, by the way, so that means you are, too!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

I think they look great - they frame your face nicely and you're all about pretty things in a frame, right?

Christi said...

I think you're just in shock - it looks great!

Kathy said...

I have bangs too!!! I think your bangs looks great!! Don't do anything!!

Kathy :)

duchess said...

I like them. I think you look great (bangs are back in ya know).

Melissa said...

I love them.

Anonymous said...

Your bangs are adorable. I just did the same thing. I needed a change and bangs sounded like a safe move. I can't tell you how many people how noticed and told me how cute they are - not counting my husband who " knew something was different".

Sarah Mae said...

You look beeeeeeautiful!

Is Blissdom in Pittsburgh? I want to go!

Suzann said...

I think the bangs and the haircut are quite flattering on you. I wouldn't change a thing.

Anonymous said...

I think you should pack those bags and those darling pins of your and head to Blissdom in a few days! Thats what~ Your bangs are cute! I wish I could do bangs but this thick head of hair wont have it. Your cut is just as cute as you...honest. You know good friends would tell you so...kinda like the manboobs,hehe~

Martha said...

I'm lovin' em!

Cricket said...

I think your hair is awesome. Very cute!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You look adorable! I love the cut and color. You're gonna WOW them all!

Runner Mom said...

Your hair is darlin'!!!
Hugs,
Susan

southerninspiration said...

Thumbs up!! And you can always go a little more wispy by putting some off to the side! You look cuter than a betsy bug....um, that's Southern for adorable!!! ;)

Suzanne

Windy said...

the bangs look great! when i first had mine cut again after 10 years, it took me a few weeks to get used to them - you will too!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Kimba, I think they look adorable on you. They frame and show off your beautiful face. I would try to blow dry those bangs to the side though instead of "straight down." I think you may like them a little better.

P.S. You need to hang a towel up in your bathroom ~ ha-ha!

Blessings,

Sher

Betsy said...

Rock them....you look great.

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

Hi there! Bangs are back and I think they look cute on you. However, if you are uncomfortable with them you could go back and have your hairdresser "face frame" which will soften the transition from the bangs to the end of hair length.
And, as I have recently been harshly reminded with my 3 year old; hair will grow back.
Have a great day!
Jennifer

Wendy said...

I think you look darling! Very youthful...and so NOT 1989!

Karen said...

Love the bangs! I MISS Pittsburgh! We lived there before moving back to Michigan. It was a great town. We lived right behind Ross Park mall. Thanks for the chuckle with the Pittsburgh-ese.

Anonymous said...

Kimba, I think they look great! It's always fun to try something new.
I'm looking forward to meeting you this Friday! Woo Hoo, BlissDom here we come!

~CC Catherine said...

I totally love the new "DO"~ I think it's very chic! Good for you to step out on a limb and go for it! ~CC Catherine

NCJill said...

They really look awesome and I thank you for being a guinea pig for me. I was thinking of getting bangs the next time I go to the hairdresser (to cover the freckles, brown spots, etc on my aging forehead which I'm sure you did NOT need). Wish I was seeing you this week but I suppose I need a blog to be there, hu!? :) Hugs.

queenbee said...

Kimba, I think they look great. I have been thinking about bangs myself kind of like katie holmes. Your bangs are "banging".

Kristy said...

I love the bangs! I mean this in only the nicest way possible but I think they actually make you look younger and funkier. Not funky in a bad way but funky in a good way like "hipper". Is that even a word? Hmm, I'm not too sure of today's slang compliments. I am sure, however, that this comment makes me realize that I will be a total embarrassment to my children once they are older, if not now! Either way, I love the bangs and I'm even contemplating grabbing my scissors to be "hipper" too! Of course with my luck, I'll end up looking like Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber!

Anonymous said...

I think they look cute too. Try not to worry about them... :-)

Tiffany said...

I think most everyone looks better in bangs. I'm sure there is a science to it, but I don't know what it is. :)

I think your bangs look great, but if you are wanting something a little more mature, maybe you could grown them out just a little longer and sweep them to the side? I'm not a genius with hair, and, honestly, I just gave you that advice because it's what I do with my bangs. lol

Come over and leave a comment on my give away post!

emily freeman said...

You and Jennifer P. are practically sisters. I love the bangs. You can really pull them off. Lucky.

Sallie said...

I'll be totally honest, I think they look good, but they would look great if the were thicker. Looking at the side view shows how full you hair in the back is and how wimpy the bangs look from the front. I have the same problem. My girl takes the weight out of the back and then gives me a thicker bangs. You reminded me that it's time for a haircut.

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Adorable!! I think they bring out your eyes and the bob frames your face very nicely.

Scooper said...

I think the bangs are actually super cute. No lie. You look very chic and mod. I wouldn't change a thing.

Carry Grace said...

Love the bangs!

Anonymous said...

I think they look FABU!!!!Leave them as they are!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Well, since you & I are roomies, I'll be seeing those bangs up close & personal. Really, they are cute, cute! But I have bangs too, so I'm partial to bangs. I hate my high forehead so I've always covered it up.

Can't wait!!

Unknown said...

They are perfect, frame your face and set off your eyes. Gorgeous, and time you realized it!

Audra Lynn said...

Bangs for some reason inspire me to use words like "cute" and "adorable." Not a bad impulse decision, though. They're cute. Ack! If you get tired of them, especially once they start to grow out a bit, I'd just blowdry them to the side with the rest of your hair and do that sideswept thing. (speaking from experience here. I did the same thing the last time I got a haircut)

Valarie Lea said...

You are totally rocking these bangs. I live an hour and a half from Nashville, and I am not going to get to go. This is very hard for me. :(

Laurie Ann said...

Love 'em!

I just wanted to stop in and say congratulations for being one of the Internet Cafe’s Top 100 Christian Women’s Blogs of 2008! Your blog truly does bless!

Monkey Giggles said...

Well, to be honest. You did ask for honesty. Right?

LOVE EM' They look adorable on you.

Had there for a minute, didn't I?

Michelle said...

I think they look great!

Joanna said...

I think they are really cute! They fit your face frame well.

April Z said...

I've been reading your blog for a long time now, but this is my first time commenting. I actually think the bangs look nice. You probably just need time to get used to them.

Darcy @ m3b said...

I think you look gorgeous, dah-ling.

But do tell us how you like them in a few weeks. I also have not had bangs since 1989. I'm not sure how to do them.

I've been considering it too. It will cover my grays and wrinkles, right???

bonnieboatwright@gmail.com said...

beautiful cut!

Anonymous said...

I think they are cute as can be. You look great!

pcb said...

I like them as is but they would also look good feathered over to the side (that's how I have to do mine as my bangs are thin).

Unknown said...

Well I think you are LOVELY ... and I think the bangs are lovely too. I am a fan of bangs. I have bangs myself. The only time I did not have bangs was that awkward freshman year in high school when long and stringy was in (1971). Stay with it!!

Anonymous said...

I think the bangs are very stylish on you! Me... no bangs for me,the hair is way too curly. I have to work too hard to straighten them out!
Lookin' good!
~Misti

Jennifer said...

I think the bangs are super cute!!

Pretty Organizer said...

Honestly, they look fine. It's a great way to bring on a youthful look.. not that you need one. I decided to do the bang thing last summer. It's a totally different ball game when you're not ratting them and spraying them. Now they flop, and I blow. Thy get staticy and I try to unstick them from my face. I pin them back when I work out... total pain... but, when I take the time to do them before hubby and I go out... Whoa mamma I'm cute!

Sara said...

Kimba....I've had bangs my whole life. Yes, we went through the hard years in the 90s, They've been long, too short, side swept, striaght, thick, thin....etc. So, as a bang expert....your cute face looks so great in those bangs. change is hard, but it looks GREAT!
Have fun at Blissdom.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Thanks for being the guinea pig :) I've been thinking about getting bangs, but I'm so chicken. I always think people look younger with bangs. Yours are great - you are so adorable!

Mrs. U said...

First of all LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! It's beyond adorable!! And it looks so pretty on you!!!

Secondly, I'm mostly a lurker here, but just HAD to speak up because, well, I can tell by your hair in your graduation picture that we are the same age. I had the same hair. HAHAH!!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

I like 'em! I have bangs, and sometimes it helps to put some pomade on your fingertips to style them.

Sandy said...

hey kimba - wow! you're stylin' girl! they look awesome! i haven't had bangs since ... 94 i think. makes you look young! :)

Kelly said...

I like em, but think you should make them a bit thicker...like you're in it for real and not just cautiously trying them out!

mduke62 said...

I love them! I let mine grow out this past year and HATED every moment of it. Two weeks ago I went and got them back and couldn't be happier. You look great!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I love them! You are beautiful!

Conny said...

I like them - much improved over the class of 87 bangs :) PS I was awesome, I was great, I was in the class of '88!

Shop Without Money Sisters said...

I think you look great!

Mimi Sue said...

Here's my 2 cents. I like them. I think they make you look younger. There. Mimi

The Beauty Bargainista said...

KIMBA! I think you look great, and I am a total hair guru! HEHEHE!!! I acutally just got my bangs cut today too, I will post mine later! :)

lucinda said...

Keep Those Bangs Forever!!! I think the new doo looks great!

Amy said...

I am commenter 100 so who knows if my opinion is needed at this point, but I absolutely love them. You look darling and I can't wait to meet you!!

Linda said...

I love your new cut! You look great!

Anonymous said...

I think you look lovely! Beautiful inside AND out.

Kim Hancock said...

Your hair looks great & I love your outfit!

The Golf Widow said...

They look great!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - that's what you've been complaining about this whole time?? You look fabulous!!! The bangs are super cute!!! So chic dahling...

Unknown said...

Kimba,
The bangs are adorable. They make you look younger. Not that you looked old. LOL

Anyway, I love them!

Every Day Blessings said...

I think they are awesome!
You look OOH so stylish!

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

I am going to echo everyone else and say that I love your bangs. I also like the colour on the walls in your bathroom!! So pretty (your walls and YOU)!

{oc cottage} said...

Super cute! Keep'em!!!!

M ^..^

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I think your bangs look great! I can't believe you don't like them. They are so flattering!

((hugs))
Jen

Tommie Jo said...

Very nice...I've been toying with the idea of bangs (again) myself. My hairstyist did "side" bangs on me last time but I've let them grow out. I did love 'em!

Ashley said...

LOVE IT!! I was thinking today I wanted some BANGS! Boo Hoo, wish I was going to Blissdom! I am oh so close too!

My First Kitchen said...

I actually really like them. I've experienced the same impulse before and ended up growing mine out again, but they do flatter your face well. Don't you love having dozens of people tell you you're beautiful? Wait... was this just a ploy to get all of us to shower you with compliments?! KIMBA!!! :) Have a GREAT time at BlissDom. I would love to be there and see you.

Anonymous said...

I really like your new hair style! It looks really good!

Linda said...

They look great. I thought of Jennifer P right away. you now look like you could be sisters. Have fun.
Blessings,
Linda

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I think you look great! Very chic.

Amanda said...

I like them. They make you look younger. I'm not sure that's what you were going for b/c you already look young. And the color is awesome. But I understand, I haven't had bangs since high school either.

Angie Ochoa said...

I think your hair looks just darling! I think I have always had bangs, so I'm a little partial to them.

Angie

Lorrie said...

Very cute...the real "HOT" style out here is shorter in the back and tapered in the front with bangs just your length...either way...they're cute.

~Sandy said...

I think you look great!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful, Kimba!

Mrs. Jones said...

You looked great before, but I think you look even better with bangs. You'll get used to them ... it's kinda like the shock I felt when I chopped all my hair off.

Silvia said...

hi i just found you, hope you dont mind my comment butttt i think they look really nice!, really.

Anonymous said...

Bangs are in, and you look HAWT girl!! You are rockin the bangs. Love them. Have fun at blissdom.
Cortney