28 January 2009

When Toy Worlds Collide

THOMAS! LOOK OUT!



Oh noooooo, Ivo Hugh!!!!!!!!!



Don't worry, Topham Hat. I think that dyloberrypoptartapolis is a veggie-saurus.




What happens at your house when you're stuck inside during an ice storm?

post signature

47 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Tiffany said...

During an ice storm I like to risk life and limb taking pictures of it! :)

Mostly we have sat around the house watching movies, eating (to stay warm of course!) and generally vegetating. Did you guys get a lot of damage? 80% of our area is without electricity. We are among the fortunate. I took some pictures this morning, come by and see the ice!

Allison said...

Too cute! At our house today, Thomas and friends are being plundered and pilaged by the pirates! Great post idea...I may have to get some pics of it!

Betsy said...

We too our playing thomas, baking cookies, cleaning out, doing puzzles, and finally napping. Our ice is melting so hopefully we will be out and about a little later.

Betsy said...

We too our playing thomas, baking cookies, cleaning out, doing puzzles, and finally napping. Our ice is melting so hopefully we will be out and about a little later.

Betsy said...

We too our playing thomas, baking cookies, cleaning out, doing puzzles, and finally napping. Our ice is melting so hopefully we will be out and about a little later.

Betsy said...

We too our playing thomas, baking cookies, cleaning out, doing puzzles, and finally napping. Our ice is melting so hopefully we will be out and about a little later.

Shilo said...

Too cute! You're a great mom!

Heather said...

Well, I could be warm in my little corner of the world in S. Texas (well, not even warm but at least no ice or snow). But, I decided I must take a trip home to Broken Arrow, Ok for this glorious event of hazardous roads and wet bottoms. Nothing could keep me away, not even the 11 hour drive. Not even driving 30 miles an hour all the way from Henryetta to Broken Arrow. ... Okay, I kid. I HAD to be here for school. But we are spending our day keeping the toddler away from the chihuahua (but Noodles wants to be carried into and out of the playpen numerous times all while endangering poor said dog) and enjoying endless hours of not-so-good for the soul daytime TV. Did I mention it's not even 1pm and I've had play-doh in my hair twice?

Sarah Mae said...

Ha! My kiddos are watching a video and I'm eating chocolate cake! I plan to take the them out in the snow for a bit, but then back in...coloring and bible songs!

:)

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

We have 8 inches of snow...beautiful powdery snow in the ground. Perfect for sledding except that it is 15 degrees outside. Today we made sock puppets and the show will be later. Fun!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! We're stuck inside with an ice storm as well! We've had some interesting playtime that's for sure!

Leila said...

We're sick :(
So I am trying -- don't laugh -- to get my Christmas letter out.
For Valentine's day?
Listen, I'm recovering from the last ice storm...

Kjersten said...

What fun! I have never been in an ice storm in southern CA, but we have been stuck inside when there was poor air quality during a wild fire.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Haha! These pictures are fantastic!!!

Holly said...

Boo hoo! My kiddos are almost too old for Thomas anymore...they rarely get it out. We had snow more than ice and they went out to play and then tracked it all in the house.

DarkEyedOne said...

Godzilla Has Taken up nesting under my cabinets in the kitchen , it laid a half dozen vending machine balls in an egg carton...

My son seems to think if he waits long enough he will have more godzilla's

Valarie Lea said...

Well I am not stuck in an ice storm, but I did find some lego star wars thingys in a box of sand the other day. I don't know why he has a box of sand in his room.

Vindiciti said...

Days like this I don't miss living in Pennsylvania. We just went out for lunch, and it's a chilly 44 degrees outside here in Louisiana. Brr! Have fun trying to stay sane with cooped up kids.

rustycupboard said...

I can understand that. Here in Idaho its been cold. But today we are at 40 degrees. Hurray!!!!!!!!

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Pretty darn funny!

southerninspiration said...

I bet your kids love you for posting this today!!!

Suzanne

Runner Mom said...

Bless your heart! Have fun, fun, fun 'cause they grow up too fast!
Hugs,
Susan

One idea is to let them act out a fav story--find costumes--we kept all old Halloween costumes--never know when you need them!--put 2 chairs back to back and drape a sheet over them for your stage background--or add drawings to the sheet for your background. After the play, turn the chair/stage into a tent and have a pretend campout. Hope y'all have some marshmellows!

Anonymous said...

I eat lots of donuts and forget about the outside world....hmmm, lets see, I think I already ate three today...

DI

Linda said...

OK it's 27 degrees, snowing, wind is blowing....I would rather be home playing Thomas with my grandsons!

Joanna said...

Hahha...That was funny...Ice storm? We don't have those...But during hurricanes, there is no telling what silly things happen.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Barbies and Star Wars lego men battle!
-sandy toe

dixymiss said...

Cute and clever ~ thanX for the laugh! We have similar carnage going on, albeit more *pink* in our equation. I just overheard a Barbie funeral, complete with sobbing and wailing. Cause of death? A broken heart. No drama queens around here...

Katie said...

Well, down here in GA we don't have any ice... However, since my sister in KY is iced in, I have talked to her on the phone most of the day. (Out of the goodness of my heart of course...I'd hate for her to not have anything to do.) We have said things like..."Call you back in 20 minutes and we'll see who has the most work done in their bathrooms." So we are actually working and talking...

Actually, just a minute ago at one of our "breaks", I made her go look up your blog to see your no-sew pillow covers from a few weeks ago. We're both in love with them!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's actually not bad here in GA, but my husband is snowed in KY too.

Usually if it's cold here, there are forts built in the family room, every chair and blanket will be used, and there will be food...lots of food!

Cute!
~Misti

Musings of a Housewife said...

Those silly beads that you iron together and play-doh -- that's what happens at my house! :-) And lots of TV. D'oh!

Kasey said...

This looks like my house! Gibson loves trains and dinosaurs.

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

lots of baking and cooking and eating and gettin' fat!

Our Complete Family said...

Looks like it was a fun time being stuck in with some creative toy playing!!! ;)

E said...

That's hysterical!!!! We had a terrible Ice Storm last year, no power for 3 days and a kid on cructhes we couldn't get out of the house without 3 grown mens help. For fun we went to my office where we have generators and did some bowling on the stairs :)

Unknown said...

Well, I can tell you all had fun! We had snow and ice, so there was lots of shoveling, some video games,and then more shoveling.

Kristy said...

Apparently having an ice storm at my house equates to me feeling the need to totally rearrange my entire bedroom by myself because my hubby decided he'd rather brave the elements and go to work than spend another day at home with two hyped up kids who don't have school and one frenzied Mama who wishes she knew how to ice skate so she could get her kids to school! How's that for a run on sentence??? Can you sense the stress level here? Hee, hee.

Unknown said...

Cute! We have sun here, so no toy worlds are in danger. :)

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

Too funny! I love your dino names...still laughing.

We don't have ice storms as much as below freezing wind chills and down right too cold to play outside (or even run to Target) weather.

1. We bring the snow inside to play with sometimes.

2. We play pretend camping with boxes and blankets.

3. We run up and down the halls bumping into each other with laughter until somebody starts crying.

4. We fight a little, then color, eat something and watch TV, then start running up and down all over the place again.

I just wrote a post about how we deal with our nearly record breaking coldness. Check out my post if you'd like the details of our cooped up life!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I clean and he plays with Thomas and Dinys. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, we don't have ice storms we get tropical storms and hurricanes. We mostly sit inside watching the weather with comments like..."Oh, I think the umbrella is gonna blow away!" Then I make cookies or something good to eat. Eating usually makes everyone happy!
-Kim

Tina said...

Ice storm? Well, we got 3 inches of snow this year, does that count? And yes, I stayed home, too much of a chicken to venture outside. Everyone here freaks out when it rains so there was no way I was going out on the roads in the snow. Stayed home, fired up all 3 crockpots and had a "Mummy" movie marathon.

Heathahlee said...

You made me laugh out loud. We had mostly snow but some ice. My principal let Kiddo and me take the day off just like the "regular" school kids. That's why I love my principal. That and the fact he's got a cute butt.

Heathahlee said...

Did I just say that out loud?

Suzann said...

Now I've seen every Thomas movie ever made and even every episode of Shining Time Station, but at no point were there dinosaurs. Ghosts, chinese dragons, but no dinosaurs. Poor Sir Topham Hat. LOL
We have no storm, sadly it missed us.

Scrappinfor3 said...

We have a LOT of too cold to be outside this winter. . . We're usually in the midst of superheroes battling, pokemon battles, Wii tournaments, Ping pong matches, wrestling matches or Nerf dart gun competitions. I need a padded room (for me!).

Caren said...

Very cute! Our Thomas train table and Thomas himself have seen their fair share of Pokemon as of late. It's great to see the imagination of my son even if it is pretty silly!

Scooper said...

Looks like a scene from my house. No ice storm down here but my 5-year-old builds random stuff all day long. Recently I found a pair of my underwear (from the unwashed laundry pile in the hallway) "bungee-d" across the entrance to his fort...which was built out of pillows, blankets, plastic swords, the ladder to the bunk beds, and of course my underwear.