11 January 2009

Sunday Morning


photo credit: redskynight


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

12 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Rune said...

I love your post:)

Wibeche

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Hi Kimba...I think you have it right, your home should always be a "soft place to land" for not only you and your family, but for all families. I love your Sunday morning posts! Please keep it going!
xxxooo
Marilyn

Leslie Young said...

Hey, that's my memory passage!!! I've learned the 'bookend' verses before but managed to overlook the part about 'Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.' Hmmm.
I happened onto your blog fairly recently through one of those leap-froggy things (I can completely kill an afternoon blog-hopping these days). I love the idea behind 'a soft place to land.' Your family is blessed! Have a great Sunday!

Judi said...

Thanks Kimba, I needed that today!

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

Nice photo and post. I can't even remember how I found your blog but I've got a link on my blog now so I can remember to check back. ;-)

Mimi Sue said...

Just beautiful. Mimi

Southern Fried Gal said...

Very valuable words to keep hidden in your heart. They have spoken to me so many times.

Virginia said...

Love your Sunday morning posts!
Have a Blessed and happy week,
Virginia :)

Rune said...

I have an Award for you on our blog:)

Wibeche

RN and OSHP said...

Every time I hear this verse I am thinking of the little song I sang at church when i was a kid..."rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice....". Those little songs from childhood are so precious as we get older to help us remember God's word and how he cares for us!

Lizzy Bee said...

Kimba--
I just wanted you to know God has really used your posting about what a soft place to land really means. I have been absolutely convicted by it. I spend so much time decorating my home, only to be crabby with my husband or kids. Thanks for being used by our Heavenly Father!

Unknown said...

Wonderful verses.