21 November 2008

Thankful Here. Thankful There.

Thankful, thankful everywhere!

Actually, could I be any worse at being thankful? Back on November 1st, I pledged to keep November focused on being thankful and not rushing headlong into Christmas. Well, about 3 seconds after I made that pledge I was digging around in my boxes of Christmas goodies. Apparently, I'm distracted by shiny things.



On the upside, the kids and I have been talking about what we're thankful for each day. Nothing like an almost 5-year old to keep you accountable. I just keep forgetting to share them with you.



Today, I am thankful that I am contributing to Blissfully Domestic for the very first time. You can read my article for a bit of Thanksgiving inspirations here. Please, please, please come visit me there and leave me a comment. I'll be your BFF!



Today is the last day to get your name entered for the fabulous clutch purse from Red Ruby Rose. The winner will be announced tomorrow.

post signature

24 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

YAY KIMBA! The article is awesome! I left you some comment love over there too! Now be my BFF!!! hehehehehe! :)

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Kimba, that is great about your post on Blissfully Domestic...I'm thankful for sooo much, I thank God everyday for my precious family, precious friends, precious blogging friends...
You are too funny, God gave you a big 'funny bone'...you keep us all in stitches!
Blessings
Debbie

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Ooh congrats on Blissfully Domestic! You are such an inspiration to me as a writer and person as you share your blog, and I look forward to seeing even more of your work as I strive to *hopefully* excel. Thanks Kimba.
Katie

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Awesome! I'll go check out your article right now!

Happy Friday! :)

Betsy said...

Congrats on the article. I will go check it out.

TidyMom said...

Congrats on the article!!!
I'm off to check it out now!!

~Tidymom

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You silly girl, of course we'll leave you comment love over there, but I thought you already were my BFF? :)

Kate said...

Great article!!!

Suzann said...

oh Im going to check out your article. I'll bet if you really gave it some thought, at some point each day you give thanks for at least one thing - you just aren't always aware of it.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad you will be a contributer over at Blissfully Domestic! I'll enjoy "working" with you there! You're awesome!

duchess said...

Congrats on the new gig.
I'll head over & check it out.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Going right now over to BD! :) Congratulations on being a writer there!!

I stopped feeling guilty about decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. It's what works for our family for a stress free season! After all, it's the "attitude of gratitude" that matters for Thanksgiving, not whether there is a tree in the corner or not! :) I agree that shiny objects are just too hard to resist !!! LOL

Blessings,
Stacey

Jane In The Jungle said...

Looking good on blissful home!

Carolina Mama said...

This is great. Thanks for sharing. Love your ideas and reminders. :)

Ashley said...

Love all those Thanksgiving ideas - especially the candles! Congrats on your first contribution to BD! Great Job!!

Katy said...

It's nice to be thankful. I'm thankful, you're thankful, we're all thankful together!! Yes, those little ones' do help with accountability. You are right.

Oh, my can't wait to see who the winner is of the little clutch.

have a great day

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I heard of a "Thankful" jar but never did it, but wish I did. Everyday for 2-3 weeks before Thanksgiving everyone in the family writes down 1 thing they are thankful for then on Thanksgiving the family goes around reading each one. Doesn't that sound great! I'm gonna try to do that next year!!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

So happy you are contributing, dear Kimba! I am thankful you are a apart of BD!!!

xo
Blessings,
Melissa

Heather said...

We have started sharing what we are thankful for too! Every night at dinner we take turns saying what we are thankful for. It amazes me what my four year old comes up with. It has made me thankful that he has such an understanding and a thankful heart!
I am doing a giveaway! Stop by!
Have a great weekend!
-Heather:)

Shannon said...

Yea! Congrats! For some reason I couldn't leave a comment over there but it was a great article!

Heathahlee said...

Oh...sniff, sniff...I'm so proud of you! You did a fantastic job! And I love ALL those ideas!

Anonymous said...

What a great article, Kimba! Congratulations! I'd love to register for winning the purse. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sharon
mavinger@sc.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Whoops. I love the marbled green silk purse. Love the blues and green together with the touches of classic black. Yum!

Sharon
mavinger@sc.rr.com

Cassie said...

Great job on the article. You found some lovely photo's that will surely inspire people!