25 November 2008

Sometimes You Just Have to Dance

This is totally off topic for me, but I had to share this video...I first saw it at Laural Out Loud. (Do you read her? She cracks me up.)

For some reason this video brought joyful tears to my eyes. I know. I'm a freak.


Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

post signature

26 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Melissa said...

That is awesome! I love it!

Betsy said...

Wow! That sure did make me smile!

Courtney said...

I guess I'm a freak too, Kimba. You know what it made me think of? It's like a little picture of heaven. One day, there will be people from every tribe, nation and language dancing with joy in the presence of Jesus before God's throne. THAT'S what made me cry. Wish I was there right now.

Allison said...

That was pretty cool and that he went to some places where life isn't so good yet still had fun and danced the the locals! Thanks for sharing.

Pretty Organizer said...

I need to get in with Stride! That was super. We dance all the time at my house... a little too much musical theatre in the veins:) My kids think I'm a nut but you're right, sometimes you just gotta dance. Laughter is great medicine.

I'm with Courtney... it's wonderful to see so many nationalities, cultures, and people unite... aren't we all brothers and sisters? Thanks for the feel good flick!

Janell said...

Its amazing how even though they may not have been able to communicate to eachother they BOTH knew the language of dane...this totally made me giggle out loud & I teared up too! Gotta go get my groove on~ =]

To The Moon and Back said...

Kimba, that was amazing. I have to disagree, this was not off topic especially with Thanksgiving a day away. We sometimes get so caught up in the holidays and making everything perfect, that we take the little things for granted. How the simple act of dancing can bring together different cultures, regardless of religion or language. It also brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing and..."dance like no one's watching."

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Kimba, loved the video. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Hugs...Jeanne

Tonya said...

I love it! Now I want to go dance all over the world!

Valarie Lea said...

That was AWESOME!!! I love Courtney's comment about it being a little picture of Heaven, oh that makes me want to cty, but joyful tears. :)

Tanya said...

i have seen this before and loved it! it's really amazing and inspiring.

Twyla said...

What a great video. Thanks for sharing! I understand the tears :-).

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I have seen that, totally cool!

God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving! :-D

xo
Melissa

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

In my family if something is wrong we dance. If something is good we dance. If we are bored we dance.

Great video!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

have seen this on another blog before but just as moving and chill-inducing and tear making watching it again.

happy thanksgiving, kimba!

Anonymous said...

and now i think i'll be watching it all afternoon since my son seems to not be letting me turn it off :)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I too saw this about a month ago, and I cried a little too! Totally not a freak! hehe I really loved seeing him here in Austin, that was really cool!! :)

Anonymous said...

agreed....at first I thought, "oh, here's a show-off who is going to brag about ALL of the places in the world he has danced - big deal!" - but as the crowds started to join him, the message of the video was clear - that we are all one world - okay, I cried like a baby......

Ginny said...

I LOVED IT!!
GINNY

{oc cottage} said...

So Matt is kinda like David...pretty cool.
Thx for that!

M ^..^

Lacy said...

I never got to make my tablecloth like the recent posted one and wanted to so bad..maybe next year! Your is perfect! I hope your Thanksgiving is terrific. Thanks for the great dance video. Loved it!

Jeauxdi said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Virginia said...

How wonderful if we’ll all join in dance to celebrate each others differences .Enjoyed the video very much, and no your not a freak you are a beautiful soul.
Wishing you & your family a Happy & Peaceful Thanksgiving,
Many Blessings,
Virginia

Gina said...

I love it, totally agree with
Courtney said-it's amazing how one simple act can bring people together. Makes me think of the "free hugs" video I've seen. (I posted it on my blog if you haven't seen it.)

Thanks for sharing, it brought a smile to my face.

Caren said...

That was cool. I especially liked the ones with the children. I've got to check that guy out. What a fantastic idea.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Yes, one day all of us brothers and sisters in CHRIST will be dancing in HEAVEN together~forever!