13 October 2008

You're Gonna Hate Me

By now you've probably heard that I got to have lunch with some of my favorite bloggy people. I was in their area visiting family and I was so thrilled that they wanted to get together!


You've probably already seen this picture, but do you know who everyone is? Clockwise from top left it's Jen, me, Jill (she's not a blogger, but we love her anyway), Emily, Nester, Kendra and Lauren.

If you've ever wondered if these women are who they seem to be on their blogs, I can tell you YES, YES, YES! Each one of them was exactly who I had hoped them to be.

Jen is so real and honest and fun. I felt like I had known her forever.

Emily is sweet and kind and talented. You should have seen her balancing her camera to take that top picture.

Kendra is smart and interesting and just plain awesome. Someone commented that she's going to be the next Rachel Ray. I can totally see that.

Lauren is adorable. Her wedding is coming up soon and she is going to make a beautiful bride. I can't wait to see the pictures.

And Nester? Well, she's Nester. Humble and encouraging. Talented and so sweet. I'm so glad that she's my friend.

And I just had to share a couple of other pictures. This is what happens when a bunch of bloggers get together.




Pictures, pictures, pictures.



And laughing. I think Nester was afraid I was going to try and eat her.



Just so you know I'm not actually a horse. Bet you didn't know that I won a silver medal though. And now my sister knows that I raided her jewelry box while she was gone. Thanks Renee!



A bit of posing for the camera.



And new friends made (for me anyway). They all knew each other already. Thanks girls! I can't wait to come back for another visit.

post signature

43 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Free Art Printables said...

You guys are all so beautiful! It's great meeting blog friends! It looks like you had fun!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I already commented on the Nester's site the other day about this adorable photo of all of you. Thanks so much for including some others from that day.
Lucky, lucky girls. : )
Mary Lou

Monogramchick said...

Looks like y'all had a great time together! So glad that I found you through Nester. I am now a "follower" and can't wait to read more.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

What a neat and fun idea. You all look like you're having a blast.

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

wow gorgeous, all of you

how much do you reckon I woulda liked to come?? you know the thing I love about blogging is that people 'get' me, some of the people that I meet in real life, if I told them I pick up junk and spray things with a can, they would seriously not let their children anywhere near mine, but in blogland people positively applaud me for the exact same thing...so to meet up with you would be more than fab!

and it looks like so much fun too

Sarah

Suzann said...

Looks like great fun!

emily freeman said...

Yay Kim for posting more than one photo! You win! What a great time that was. I've loved reliving it on everyone's blog. Please don't sneak down to visit your sister without seeing us again :) Next time, you'll have to come to my house. I could use a little kimba touch around here.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you had fun with these women! I can't wait until I get a chance to officially meet Jen (I've only seen her from afar when she sings at church) and the Nester. Maybe someday...

Amanda said...

Oh what a fun girls day! I'm glad you ladies enjoyed your time together.

Wendy said...

Looka like so much fun!

The Nester said...

You have such good photos! All of mine look like we have 3 eyes!

It was such fun and I wish that we lived next door to eachother!!!!

Sarah Mae said...

Hate is a strong word, but...

:)

Anonymous said...

opps... I just left my comment on Sundays post. Well it went kinda like this... It's fun to meet friends! I had that joy this weekend too. We are blessed~

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Jackie

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Kimba! How fun! I'm so jealous...you got to be with all these gals. My hubby can't quite understand the blogging excitement, about people you have never met...I had to explain it in farm terms for my farmer guy...Imagine meeting a bunch of farmers on line that all plant what you plant, grow what you grow, raise the same herds, and you visit with them every day...he put his head back and said 'oh now I get it!' Hahahaha...good for you Kimba, I love seeing the pictures!
Blessings,
Debbie

Darlene said...

What a fun weekend I bet y'all had!! All of you are so talented I bet you had a blast!!!

Shannon said...

So fun!!

Melissa Lester said...

What a great day! There was a lot of bloggy talent at the table!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

It's so much fun to meet bloggy friends in real life. Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun & I wish I could meet all of you too!

Lauren and Justin said...

such sweet photos. what a fun morning.

My First Kitchen said...

Glad you posted more photos. More glad you took time to hang out with us. And laughing a lot at Debbie's farmer analogy for her husband. Awesome, Debbie. Thanks for your sweet words! Can't wait to do it again! And next time, perhaps we should SHARE the ginormous crab and avocade omelet.

Marie said...

Oh fun! Looks like you all had a great time. :o)

Inspired Kara said...

JEALOUS!!!

Georgia Girl said...

Awhh Kimba that is great you all got to meet. What a great bunch of blogger friends this place has. I can't wait to actually get to meet a blogger friend.

jori-o said...

How fun!

Tausha said...

loooks like it was way fun! i am jealous that I was not closer so that i could have come too!

Shilo said...

A girl can never have too many amazing girlfriends! Glad you had the chance to meet them in person! So fun!

Heathahlee said...

No, I don't hate you...mostly. : )

Y'all look like you had such a good time. Hopefully I'll be able to convince my husband to take a business trip to Pennsylvania one of these days!! : )

southerninspiration said...

Aww, wishing i could have been a fly on the wall, no wait, a blogger in the fun, that's what I meant. How FUN! I like Debbie's analysis of farmer fun......yes! I agree.
Suzanne

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! The place you guys ate at (I recognized it since I live in that area too) is such a great place! I love the HUGE muffins! YUMMY!

scargosun said...

Yea! Bloggy meetings are fun. I had one this summer.

Nicole said...

How fun, I need to move by you guys, if I begged enough you'd invite me wouldn't you :) Hey, you'd be proud of me, I just finished my first furniture refurbishment.

angela | the painted house said...

Don't eat Nester...who would make the tassels then?

Looks like so much fun!

Valley Girl said...

It's true, any time you get a group of women together with good hearts, happiness takes over! I recently had the honor of spending a weekend with some girlfriends from high school, we laughed like teenagers, loud and out of control! What a blessing. I so enjoy your blog, thanks!

Jennifer P. said...

Yours is the third blog I've had to say it on---but I WISH I WAS AT THAT BRUNCH!!! If even just to listen and hold all the cameras :)! Some of my very favorite ladies are in that picture...including you!

Glad you gals had such fun--and shared it with us too!

Laura said...

That picture of you and Nester cracks me up. LOL It looks like Nester doesn't know what to think of your uproarous (is that a word?) laughter! :) Like she's thinking..."Uh, OK, it wasn't THAT funny!" LOL I'm still laughting at that photo. :)

Debbie said...

I AM REALLY JEALOUS...I love Emily, Nester and Jen. I don't the others, but I will check them out...Oh wait, I think I do know Kendra.

Heather said...

How fun! What a great opportunity to meet everyone! I bet you all had a blast.
Love the changes to the couch- small but with big results!!
-Heather:)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, so jealous (in a good way) that you got to hang out with such lovely ladies! You are all beautiful and inspiring! I hope someday to meet some of my best blogging buds too...you and Nester are high on my list of people I'd love to meet because I know we'd be BFF! (I am not sure if I know the other gals or not, I'll have to find out, they seem wonderful!)

:-)

Melissa

Bonnie the Boss said...

Great Pics!!!! It looks like you had so much fun.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

That looks like so much fun!!! -Julia :-)

Ashley said...

Yep - consider yourself hated! Haha! j/k What a fun time!! You all need to move to Alabama!

Anonymous said...

The INTERNET is one amazing place. I see you know Emily (Chatting to the Sky) I know her too. We met at SheSpeaks this summer. Too cool! IS she on Twitter b/c I see you're now following me.