14 September 2008

Sunday Morning




Each of you should look not only to your own interests,
but also to the interests of others.

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Philippians 2: 5-8

10 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Eve said...

Beautiful. I love your Sunday morning post!

I just came here for the first time today and went back and read everything you posted. You have a great blog and I usually don't read more than the first page of one but you are so creative and such a good writer. Just wanted you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

duchess said...

Great way to start my Sunday morning.
Thanks, Kimba.

Kristen said...

I love waking up on Sunday mornings to the Word. Thanks for the beautiful reminder that I am to emulate Christ's humility. Have a good day!

Tricia said...

One of my favorite passages.

Val said...

Happy Sunday, saw you on SITS!

Kris said...

I always LOVE that scripture. One of my very favorites.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a wonderful blog you have! Bright, cheerful and uplifting! Have a wonderful week dear!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Heathahlee said...

I haven't had a chance to read till this afternoon and I needed to "hear" this right now! How soon I forget what Christ did for me when I'm whining about piddly little trifles in my life. Thank you!

Virginia said...

“All who humble themselves before the Lord shall be given every blessing and shall have wonderful peace. (Psalm 37:11)”
Thanks for your beautiful Sunday post.
Blessings, Virginia

nikkicrumpet said...

Happy Sunday!