30 August 2008

Simply Saturday

There was a lot of good stuff going on out there this week. Here's a bit of what I loved this week.





Debbie at Ribbonwood Cottage did a little project that made me laugh out loud. It was so unexpected and I absolutely love it. Did I mention that I love it?



Tara at Living A Dream did a fantastic rehab of a telephone bench. I love these seat/table combos. Did you know that they're called gossip benches? Anyway, the makeover is fantastic!


Natalie at Home Sweet Hideaway did a furniture rehab project that made me jump up and down and clap my hands. I absolutely adore this apple green color and it transformed a dated piece of furniture into something truly stunning. Way to go, Natalie!


Leslie at Feathers in My Nest showed us a super-bargain makeover to her fireplace. You have to go see her before and after pictures. It's amazing what some paint and accessories can do.


post signature

22 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Fabulous links, I'm off to check them out!

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kimba! That apple green chest of drawers was one of my favorites this week too! Love it! I love that phone table too. Have a great holiday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Feathers in My Nest was my favorite!

Heathahlee said...

Makes me so want to re-do my fireplace. Ugh. Late 80's anyone? Double ugh. I need Leslie's help!

Hideaway Girl said...

Thanks so much for highlighting my dresser. If you could see me now, you would see a big dorky grin on my face! When we were outside in the garage painting this dresser green, and the other one turquoise (my personal favorite), a group of neighborhood kids gathered around to watch. They couldn’t believe we were using such funky colors. I am so glad there are a few people out there who understand where I was going with my color choices! I don’t know where I have been, but I seriously had NO idea there were so many decorating geniuses with blogs! I absolutely LOVED seeing all of the projects – so very inspiring!

Natalie

Darlene said...

Thanks for posting this...I will be checking the ones I haven't seen out. Debbie's project was cute wasn't it?!?

Kris said...

nice job ladies!

Marie said...

Oh no! Three more links to three more fabulous blogs I don't have time to read??? It's getting crazy out there in blogland... too much to see! :o)

Lynn Hasty said...

Kimba, I loved catching up with you this morning. Thanks for showing off all those amazing projects at various places this week. That was fun.

I love the curtains you did on your porch. That is a great idea! Something I may have to copy! If I do, I'll be sure to post pictures and invite you over.

Lynn ~:-D

Unknown said...

Hi Kimba,
You have a great collection of links here! I saw the shovel too and loved it!

I think one of your links I missed..so I'm off to check it out!
diane

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Thanks for some great links once again! I love seeing these things...especially that adorable pumpkin shovel!
Carrie

Heather said...

That apple green color is big right now. I'm thinking of using it in my office as an accent color. What can I spraypaint...

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Good ones! I don't see a link for Feathers in my Nest. I need to get there...

Rhoda

Unknown said...

those are great! Love the phone table!

Anonymous said...

on my way to check them out, if you think they're good, they'll be good :-)

Sarah

Lettered Cottage said...

Hey Kimba!

Just wanted to pop in and "meet" you! I've heard such wonderful things about your blog...and now that I've been here, I'll never miss another post. It's wonderful!

Stop by and visit me sometime if you have a chance-

Layla :-)
The Lettered Cottage

Kristen said...

What fun links!! I couldn't believe her living room - all that for under $200!! Amazing. It looks like a different house almost!

Carry Grace said...

I found that green piece earlier this week and I LOVE it! These were are great links.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I love all of these ideas, but the mantle is awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimba, thanks for stopping by to welcome me back!

That apple green is one of my favorite colors for summer. BTW the curtains on your porch are just fabulous - really love that look!

Manuela

Leslie said...

Thank you so much for the "special feature" Kimba! I have been gone for a few days and was pleasatly surprised to see your post! Glad everyone enjoyed my super cheap makeover!

Tiffany said...

Spray paint makes me so happy.