15 July 2008

Sneaky Peaky & My Souvenir

So far I haven't shared any pictures of our new house for fear that we weren't going to be able to sell our current house and actually move. But now that things have all worked out, I thought I'd give you all a sneaky peaky at a bit of the new Casa Kimba. :-)

I'll show you some pictures and you try to guess what they are. I'll show full pictures tomorrow.

First up....

And this?
How about this?


And here's a photo of the souvenir that I brought home from vacation.


We spent as little as possible because of the upcoming move so there were no t-shirts and taffy for us. And the beach doesn't have many shells these days but it does have lots of little stones. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have paid good money for decorative stones.

I sent my niece and nephews off on a little rock hunt and they came back with a big bucketful. I have them on the kitchen table as a little reminder of my trip.



post signature

33 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Kelly said...

Oh, I am a first! Heh!
Can't wait to see your brand spankin' new house!
I just know you will just make it just as beautiful as your old one if not better! :)
Check out my blog, I have a little surprise for ya!

Chris said...

Well, I'll tell ya what they are--torture! I need more! I can't wait to see the house in all its glory!! Congratulations, and I hope everything works out!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I love the rocks as a decoration! I'm so totally copying you on that idea!

Anonymous said...

i'm copying you too, love the rocks around the candles, great idea

how exciting to see the new home

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Here are my guesses, (1)fireplace (2)patio area (3) Front entry. I can already tell that it is going to be beautiful! Happy Packing!

trish said...

What a great idea, the rock collectors. :o) They look wonderful in your dish with your candles. Also, the red brick on your new home is beautiful. I love red brick. I have been racing the clock with spray painting, because we have had an afternoon storm most every day. I can't wait to post my completed projects! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a wonderful day!

Kat said...

Your sneaky peaky is killing me! We want to see pictures of your new house! I know. You'll show them tomorrow. Patience is not really a character trait I've yet attained.

Christina said...

I like your souvenir better than lots of store bought ones. I can't wait to see your house!!

Anonymous said...

Why, I think I see a house in those picture. What lovely brick and stone your home has.

Love the rock garden. I, too, send small children out to collect rocks and sticks for the sake of my home decor. Such cheap labor. :)

-- Brandi

Anonymous said...

I cant wait till tommorow to see the big picture! I knew you would find a yard sale... What vacation would be complete without one good find. As always you rock Miss Kimba.. get it?... rock~ I know it's early, Susie H~

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

A new house means so many more "Kimba" projects for us to view...whoooo hoooo. Not that your move is all about us or anything.:)
Balancing beauty and bedlam, Jen

Amy said...

I really like the candles with the rocks around them. Can't wait to see what your new house looks like :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Can't wait to see your new house! I'm waiting with bated breath! LOL! Hope the packing and move is going well! Hugs, Rhonda :)

Liz Harrell said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your house! I always walk on the creek (when I go home to visit my parents) and gather up those lovely round white rocks. Unless my mom and sister get them first. Actually, it turns into a competition. :)

Tiffany said...

I cannot wait to see your new house!

Unknown said...

When we went to FL my kids were facinated finding all the little tiny shells on the beach so we came home with about a pound of them...they look beautiful in their new home.

scargosun said...

I think the first is the fireplace. The second is a front porch and the 3rd is the back of the house?

I FINALLY got pics of the desk to send you. For some reason they didn't upload into picasa last night so I'll have to try again.

Jennifer P. said...

ooooh!!!--what a tease! I can tell that there are at least three building materials at work on the outside of your house---I bet it's gorgeous!....just like your souvenir!

Sarah Mae said...

Wall, porch, fireplace?

Can't wait to see full pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimba. I'm so excited for you! I'm like everyone else and just can't wait to see your new home! ok, let's see, I think the 1st picture is your fireplace, 2nd - maybe your front porch steps, 3rd - walls of your front porch! I love the way you decorated with the rock. I can't help myself - ROCK ON, Kimba! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you are feeling right now!!! We will be moving into our "new" house the 31st of July. I can't wait! There is such anticipation. I just want to get in and make the house a home. Can't wait to see more pictures of your home!

Blessings,
Libby

Julie said...

Congratulations on the new house and I love your little rock great idea. My son was a rock collector way back now I know what to do with all of the rocks he used to bring me. thanks for the inspiration:)

Anonymous said...

WOW! The new house looks beautiful even in snippets! Love it! I cant wait to see more....and the rocks...AWESOME! I too pay WAY too much for ROCKS! we are crazy chicks....now I need to go to the beach to get my own! hehe

duchess said...

So far it looks beautiful.
I'm guessing:
1. the fireplace?
2. corner of a porch?
3. outside corner of the house above a window
I didn't cheat & read first.
Can't wait to see full pictures.

Darlene said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your new house....decorated....room by room!!! Oh, I managed not to use your name again but, I spray painted again!!

Mary said...

Free and great-looking. I love it!

PS: Can't wait to see the house.

Lacey in the Sky said...

'Empty Nest Full Life' guessed pretty close to what I was thinking- so I won't post that, but I can't wait to see the real pictures you little house tease! :)

Merrie said...

Without reading any other answers first...
Mailbox
Porch
Backyard wall?

So far it looks beautiful -- can't wait to see the rest. Congrats!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I love stacked stone! And what beach can you find stones on? We are at the beach now...and can find tons of scallops. A few oyster shells. But most of what we see is bits and pieces.

Gina said...

#1- your fireplace!

#2- your front porch!

#3- the exterior of your home!

am I right?!?!?!

:-D

Heathahlee said...

I want to see more! I love the rocks and candles. I would much rather find things to bring home than buy touristy junk that will just be given to Goodwill 10 years from now. Except of course, my cheesy collection of magnets from places I've been...:)

Kristen said...

This is agony - just show us!!!! I can't wait to see it all!

Heather said...

OH, I can't wait to see the new house!!