26 July 2008

Simply Saturday

Before anything else, I have to thank everyone for their sweet words and prayers this week. I'm completely blown away by kindness of the blogging community. So thank you!

Now onto Simply Saturday. Here are just a few of the posts that I loved this week.

Check out this fantastic makeover from Mrs. Jones. I was just giddy over the way she rehabed a wonderful little desk not once, but twice. And it looked great both times! I want to copy her desk and her adorable haircut!



Judy at Gracious Southern Living did a fantastic copy-cat project of a Ballard shower curtain. I have been eyeing that same shower curtain and I'm trying to figure out how to copy-cat her copy-cat. I'm not much of a seamstress but I'll bet I could do this one. You too!



Nikki at Project Domestic Bliss posted pictures of a beat-up old armoire that she redid for daughter's bedroom. It's amazing! All the pink sweetness is making me wish for a little girl!





post signature

14 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

oh my gosh! I'm first! lol Wow! Beautiful things, I feel totally honored to be featured, your so sweet!
Now where can I get that desk.........

Kitty Scraps said...

Great shower curtain, I'll have to check it out. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Melissa said...

little girls are definitely worth it! i used to hate pink, and now thanks to my sweet girl it's one i can't get away from - especially antique pink! so pretty.

Unknown said...

This is a great idea Kimba. Do you do this every week? Now I have more blogs to explore. LOL
Have a great day,
Diane

Sarah Mae said...

I really like the picture frame with the letter in it - very sweet.

Mrs. Jones said...

Hi Kimba! Thanks so much for putting my little desk in your post! I just loooove your blog!!

~Heather

Claremont First Ward said...

Incredible make overs!

Heathahlee said...

Love these! I wish I could get over my fear of painting furniture. I have a cedar chest that needs some help but I'm scared to do anything with it. Maybe I'll start with something else not so close to my heart. : )

Carry Grace said...

These are all great makeovers! I really love the desk, I need one of those.

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kimba! I'm sorry I haven't been by lately. I think life is calming down a little now and I'll be able to do more visiting. I see I've missed a lot. I love these highlights of blogland you've found!

Judy said...

Kimba: Just in from the beach a day early (long story) and I'm so honored you featured my shower curtain! It was very easy...as they say, if I can do it, anyone can do it! If you decide to make one, I'll be happy to help any way I can answering questions....

XO!
Judy

Anonymous said...

i've checked them all out and got inspiration from all especially the desk

Lulu said...

the little desk is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the sites you linked to. Thanks for the inspirations.