08 July 2008

I Have Some News!!!!

Our house is finally....


I don't know why I'm always so surprised when God's timing is perfect. His timing on this was truly perfect.

I've been waiting to post this until all the inspections were done and everything was all official-like. Well, now it is! We close on our current house and the new house at the end of this month! YIKES!!!! We're on vacation right now and I'll have about 2 weeks to get our lives stuffed into boxes once we get home.

Please be patient with me if my posts have more to do with cardboard boxes than furniture rehab for the next few weeks. Wait! Do you think I could rehab my moving boxes? :-)

Is it completely sad that the thing I'm most excited about is that this will provide me with blog fodder for a good long time?

50 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Courtney said...

CONGRATS, Kimba! I know that's a huge answer to prayer for you. How exciting! I think you should now make it your mission to have the cutest moving boxes EVER...then plan a great re-do for after the move, where you turn your boxes into a dining room hutch or something. Hey...if anyone could do it, it would be you! ;-)

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Selling & buying houses can be so stressful.

My whole family makes fun of me because I must get this look in my eye and someone will say, "Oh, you're going to be on her blog now!"

Tam said...

OOOO HOW wonderful and exciting!!!
Yes all the MOVING and new decorating will make great BLOG FODDER!!!!!!

Kitty Scraps said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see your new place!

Julie said...

I am so happy for you. We have both been going through this for quite a while now. Praise God for answering your prayers and his perfect timing...

Have fun on vacation! julie

Darlene said...

Congratulations and what a relief that must be. Hope you have a great vacation.

Kat said...

Congratulations!! I know this is a huge relief.

Trixi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know what you mean about supplying you with blog fodder. Our new house sparked my blogging. I can not wait to see your new home. I know that even if all you talked about was packing it would be worth reading.
Happy Packing,
Trixi

Angie's Spot said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what magic you work on your new home.

scargosun said...

Congratulations! Are you staying in the same state?

Sarah Mae said...

YAY!!! That's great, and so exciting! I can't wait to see pics of your new house!!

Marie said...

Congratulations!! What a relief this must be for you. :o) I can't wait to see what all you do in your new home!

Free Art Printables said...

Oh congrats on your new home! What a neat and exciting thing! I think God does know exactly what's right for us and when! Jen R

Stacey said...

Good Luck!

Stephanie said...

I rehabbed my moving boxes since we moved two months ago! that idea was from YOU right? bought some really pretty $2 a yard fabric, got my glue gun and wrapped those boxes...prettiest closet on the block is mine!

Unknown said...

Contratulations...I wish you all the best. I truely believe that things happen when they are supposed to happen...Rehab the moving boxes...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you all!! Have a blessed and wonderful vacation and can't wait to hear all the details!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news for you and your family. Can't wait to see your new place.

Blanca

AJ said...

Congratulations! Try to enjoy the rest of your vacation. Don't let the move consume your thoughts! Moving provides us a chance to purge some things we don't really need anymore. What a great feeling to feel a little lighter once you get to the new house:)

Amanda Jo said...

PRAISE THE LORD! I am so excited for you!!

You're right about the Lord, His timing really is perfect!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I know what you mean about "blog fodder" too....I think I started a list of things I could blog about.

Kristen said...

Congratulations! (Especially in this market!) What a relief I'll bet! Good luck on the move and can't wait to see what you can do with a can of spray paint and some cardboard! :)

Amy said...

Good for you! I could use some of your blog fodder ideas for when I get ready to buy another and sell my own home. Good luck to you.

Lacy said...

I am so happy for you. God has the most perfectd timing. I know you are thrilled and I like the rest of the gals...look forward to seeing your new place. Thanks for the furniture posts, I have now begun painting whatever I can get my hands on. Your the bomb dot com girl!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Im exicited for you... Now to pack up... Hope you get some rest while on vacation but Im sure your thinking about all of those boxes.. I think it's kinda fun myself... weird I know. I never had the chance to move alot when I was younger. I know for some this is a blessing... I just think its fun to be somewhere new. We built our house on family land where I grew up. Maybe one day I will fly out of this nest that I have loved for so long... Anyway... best wishes to you. Id help pack if I could, smile... Susie H~

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kimba! That is such great news! Woohooo! I'm sure that is such a relief for you, even if you do have to fit packing into 2 weeks.

I see I've missed a lot while I've been away from blogland. Congratulations on being featured on TCB!!! That is so cool!

Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Heathahlee said...

Oh, I am SO happy for you! Isn't it amazing how God knows EXACTLY what we need WHEN we need it? He is such a good Daddy!

JoAnne said...

WooHoo!! Congratulations. Can wait to see your "blog fodder" and your new place. Enjoy your vacation! Smiles, JoAnne

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Jen said...

What's that? Couldn't hear you! :) De-lurking to say congratulations. The market is tough right now. Your house cute enough to buy, though. Love your ideas and your blog.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Enjoy your vacation all the more since you'll have to work once you get home.

Looking forward to seeing all you can do with your new home.

-- Brandi

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Enjoy your vacation all the more since you'll have to work once you get home.

Looking forward to seeing all you can do with your new home.

-- Brandi

Gina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Looking forward to all the new posts!!!

aimee said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations! I'll say a little prayer for you regarding the 2 week thing. Yikes. :)

Stephanie said...

that is so great i reamber the feeling i had when i house finlly sold

Nicole said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Isn't it great that the Lord always see and knows the big picture and what is best for us and when. I can't wait to see pics of the new Soft Place to Land

Lacey in the Sky said...

Congrats Kimba! You moving means we get to see how eyou're "softening up" the new place! Fun! A clean slate! Enjoy the vacation!

Mary said...

Congratulations! And good luck with the move!

Christina said...

Congrats!! How exciting! Good luck with the move!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Congratulations! You are right, God's timing isn't our timing, but it is always perfect timing! I'm looking forward to all of your upcoming posts on your new house! I'm trying some of your furniture rehab tips this week! :)

Hope you enjoy your vacation!
Hugs, Rhonda :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Congratulations, what a great answer to prayer!!! We might be in the same boat soon, needing to sell a house in a hurry and talking about the various ways to pack and unpack. When I am not talking about bridal parties and weddings, that is. Eeek. I need a staff to help out!

happy news :-) thanks for sharing!

xoxo

Hillary said...

Congratulations! What a blessing. Can't wait to see your new home!

Debbie said...

Let's see...you settle on both houses at the same time...It is taking every ounce of me not to scream out I TOLD YOU SO!!! I was just wondering a couple of days ago if it had sold....I am so happy for you..and yes, yet again, the Lord proves HIS timing is always. Amen!

angela | the painted house said...

Hooray!!! Especially double hooray since it's such a horrible market right now. But then that's just the Lord showing off, isn't it?

I look forward to reading about your moving adventures!

Claremont First Ward said...

CONGRATULATIONS. I can't wait to slap that sign on my house, too! :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Congratulations! That's great news for you. I can't wait to see all the "blog fodder" the new place generates. -Julia :-)

Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I bet you are so excited! And I am too because this will give you so much to blog about and then I can get all sort of ideas!!! LOL!!!
What a wonderful time this must be for your family! But 2 weeks!?! Eek! Oh I wish I could help you pack! I love that part of moving!!!
Have a great time on vacation!
-Heather :)

Trudi said...

WOW, CONGRATS!With the economy the way it is this is great news for you and your family. Too fun to decorate a new home.

tripmom827 said...

Kimba,

Thanks for your encouragment on my blog about my frustration with trying to sell. You're right...God is always right on time. Congrats on your sale!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I just saw this! Congratulations, Kimba! That's so exciting. I'm thrilled for you!