02 June 2008

I'm Smiling Again

Well, we survived the weekend. I told you that we were getting ready for yet another open house. What I didn't tell you was that we were also getting ready to do a flea market.

We thought it might be fun to make ourselves completely insane by trying to do both on the same weekend. It seemed like a good idea when we made the plans. We had to be out of the house anyway and we really needed to clean out a bunch of junk.

We managed to get everything done but I think the kids and I might stay in our jammies all day today. In light of that, today's post is simple and easy for me.

I just wanted to show you something that made me smile this weekend. I finally have a ton of things blooming in my yard. Like this.



And this.


And this.

And this. It's been so stinkin' cold here that everything is a least two weeks late.

Anyway, as I was grumpily (is that a word?) cleaning something on Friday afternoon, my 4-year old was running in and out of the house picking flowers and bringing them to me. Seeing his joy as he brought me each little treasure really lifted my spirits.

I have a bunch of small glass vases that I use when the kids pick dandelions, clover, grass and weeds and bring them to me with a huge smile on their faces. Don't you just love that?

Each vase only holds a few flowers so my son kept pulling out more and more to hold the treasures he was bringing me. I was setting each one on a tray on my kitchen table and before I know it, I had this.



It was completely unintentional but it was so beautiful. It almost felt like God used my child to give me a beautiful bouquet of flowers when I was feeling down.

Happy Monday to everyone. I hope something today makes you smile.

21 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Heathahlee said...

How pretty! I wish my yard looked half as nice! Sigh...my poor peonies have kicked the bucket, and before I got to bring a big bloom or two inside to enjoy! :(

Heather said...

Oh, look at all of those flowers! They're gorgeous and your God bouquet is perfect.

The Farmer Files said...

Love the idea of vases for picked flowers. I never know what to do with the flowers picked "Especially for Me."

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers. As inviting as it is your house should sell in no time.

Good luck!

Blanca

Tiffany said...

Aw, how sweet! Your vases look really nice together and I bet it made your son happy to know he was able to give you something beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very hectic weekend! I'm glad you are able to sit back and relax today. And I can just picture the look on your little one's face as he brought you each beautiful boquet! :)
...and maybe I'll have to stop by to admire your yard now that it is in full bloom!
Take care, Polly

Nicole said...

If it makes you feel any better, it's after 2:00 here and I'm still in my PJ's. And ya know, I think I might just stay in them, which is totally unlike me. I have this huge fear of becoming a frumpy mom, but today I just don't care. Your flowers are beautiful, I need to stock up on some cute little vases.

Tiffany said...

Wow. Now that is how you set a table!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your SITS button! Good luck with the contest and remember to check back daily when we start featuring blogger next week!

Courtney said...

God's good like that. :-) beautiful flowers! ...and you're entered in Nesting Instincts' giveaway - thanks!

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Found you on SITS...

Those flowers are gorgeous! That'd sure make me smile to have those at my desk.

Caren said...

That looks really sweet! I just might have to steal that idea some day! Love it!

Debbie said...

They are gorgeous and made me smile. So so sweet!

Melissa Lester said...

What a sweet post! Glad to have found your blog through SITS!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing!!!
Love your blog!

Liz Harrell said...

What beautiful photos! I love all the shades of purple and blue. I love your idea of putting lots of little vases together like that. Looks great.

Finding Normal said...

Pretty!

Heather said...

That is incredible! It makes such a big statement compared to if they were all in one vase! God does work in mysterious ways doesn't he? Especially through our children.......... I see Him thru my children every day.
I am keeping you and your family in my prayers with the sale of your house!
-Heather :)

Rue said...

That is so sweet! I miss my kids doing that all the time. Annie does once in a while and I really love it. Your flowers look beautiful :)

ugagirl30 said...

Ahhh... buttercups! We have so much fun with the kids, smashing them on their noses so they get the "butter" on them.

Amber said...

How perfectly sweet is that?!? This post made my heart smile. :) I look forward to a day in the future when I have a little person who will pick little treasures for me. ;)