01 May 2008

Little boy fingers


See this bird's nest? It used to hold the prettiest wooden eggs that I painstakenly painted and speckled with my own little hands.


See this birdhouse? It was sitting on the shelf directly below the bird's nest. Note that there is only one point of entry or exit from the bird house.



See this little hand? It belongs to my 20-month old who discovered that all my pretty speckled eggs fit perfectly into the hole in the bird house.

My four-year old claims that the bird house also now contains a kleenex, a small plastic screwdriver and a tube of chapstick.

And so goes the process of making my home pretty while living with little boys.

7 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

emily freeman said...

YAY Kimba! Welcome to the blogging world! I know you've been hanging out around here for a while, but it's different when you have your own place to land. (and a soft one, at that :) I love your title and I love your posts. Pretty good for a girl north of the Mason-Dixon line...ha!

Kim said...

Kimba,

Thanks for welcoming me to the blogging world. Besides our names being in common our boys are almost the same age. Mine are 16 months and the other one will be 4 in July.

Tracey said...

Hi Kimba, I came over from the Nester's blog, welcome to blogging.

Just give those sweet little baby hands a big kiss next time they do something naughty. Before you know it they will be man hands!

Katie said...

What a cute post! hehe! I simply adore baby hands (like the one here!) and baby feet. Don't ya just love, love, love those tiny dimples at their knuckles? So sweet!

Carisa said...

Hi! I found your blog from a comment you left somewhere else and wanted to say hi. I too have 2boys and am from Philly (I think you are from PA?) I saw from your comment you are wrestling with the decision to homeshool and wanted to let you know we recently went through that but now I am SOOOO glad I faced my fear and did it, I LOVE it! My son is 6 now and in 1st grade and my little one is 2. My husband also does not understand my blogging :), but now after years he is finally getting that this is a personal outlet for me.

I really like your blog title a lot, I will visit agian :).

God Bless,
Carisa

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Cherish those little hands! My little boy will be home today. I remember when I could not shower without him sitting waiting on me, and he will soon be turning 21! Quite a man he has turned out to be.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Now, that's the real world...