20 May 2008

Busy, busy Tuesday...


I'm going to be cleaning and staging my house like a madwoman today in preparation for our Open House tomorrow evening. My plan is to really fluff the front porch to show off it's awesome-ness. Maybe that will be the clincher for some lucky house shopper. I'll post some pictures if it turns out well.

Here is one little itsy-bitsy thing from me. I've seen a bunch of posts lately about framing things other than photos or artwork and I love the idea. I made this little piece yesterday with some scrapbook paper, little decorative wood pieces and a garage sale frame.

Here are some wonderful ladies that have something interesting to say...

Blanca is working on her guest room at For the Love of my Home and Life. Keep scrolling down to see the topiaries that she made yesterday.

Mrs. B. made a fantastic name garland for her daughter.

Shannon did something really cool to the inside of a cabinet door at Bless Our Nest.

And Heather at Butterfly Genes has a wonderful post about living within our Heavenly Father's protection.

9 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

aimee said...

The frame is so cute!!

Have fun staging and cleaning. I hope it's not as hot in your neck of the woods as it is here this week.

Nicole said...

Ok, seriously, when do you have time for all your fun projects? I have two garden chairs out on my deck I've been trying to get to for like 3 weeks.

Mrs. B said...

That is so cute! What a great idea! I think I may try something like this too. Thanks for the great idea! I think your plan to fluff the front porch is great. I love a welcoming front porch and I'm sure buyers will too. Good luck!

And I love the stool you did in your last post. That color combination is great, it really pops! Great job!

Mrs. B said...

I'm such an idiot. I left my comment then realized I hadn't thanked you for the very nice mention of my letter banner. I guess I was too distracted by that gorgeous stool. So, thank you! It was so sweet of you!

Kat said...

Kimba, thank you for stopping by my new blog :) I hope you'll be back.

I love the framed artwork. I need your creativity!

Heathahlee said...

Aw, you are so sweet linking me to you! :) I'm so excited...today I got some beautiful fabric to start stapling to anything not sitting still! I also saw some fabric that looks just like your stool project from yesterday...I started to buy it, but I thought that might be just a bit to stalker-ish. :)

Deb said...

Hi Kimba, I love it, you're just full of great ideas. I can't wait to see the porch, I know you're going to do something very creative. Deb

Anonymous said...

What a cute frame! Thank you so much for the nice comments I truly appreciate it.

blanca

Rue said...

Cute project :)

Good luck with the open house house!

rue