22 April 2008

Breaking my fast

So I'm back on the computer after fasting from it for about a week. I was inspired by Angelena at Whatever is Pure.

Ok...it was only six days. But wow! They were tough. I had to stop and pray a number of times until the temptation passed. I suppose that's a good thing since it forced me to depend on God moment by moment.

It's amazing how the internet has become an integral part of our everyday lives in a relatively short period of time. I lost track of the number of times during my week off that something would pop into my head and I would think "I'll just look it up on the internet." Oops! Can't do that!

At one point, I was completely dumbfounded because I had to register for a conference, but couldn't use the computer. I was just about to make an exception to my fast when it dawned on me, "Use the phone, you ding-a-ling!" But where to get the phone number? Aha! The phonebook! I forgot that we still had that thing!

0 comments {Click here to leave a comment}: