12 August 2009

More Doors to Adore

Since I'm on a door kick this week, I thought I would stick with it for one more day. I was searching for interesting projects using old doors and I couldn't believe how many I found!

Here are just a few:

An old door as a desk ~ The Inspired Room



Door Coffee Table


Joys of Home is the Queen of Door Projects. Here are a few more of her glorious door projects:
Door bookcase
Door sofa table
Another door sofa table
Door side table
Door shelf
Solution for a problem with door tables

Old door coffee table ~ Junk Market Style

Here's more from Junk Market Style:
Door becomes twin headboard
Door as headboard
Fun use for a screen door


A BEAUTIFUL bed made from old doors
~ Adam and Hayley Peterson
A collection of door turned headboard ideas ~ Decorology
Screen door for the pantry - We Are THAT Family
Screen door for another pantry ~ The Lettered Cottage

What do you want to do with an old door?

~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget! DIY Day on ASPTL is tomorrow! The post will go up tonight (Wednesday) at 10:00pm. I was so thrilled to hear how much you are enjoying DIY Day. We WILL continue doing this each Thursday!

39 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

CSL said...

I came across your blog and love the ideas you are sharing. My father has a workshop behind his home, and he created one 30-foot wall with old, antique doors. He can go out and open the doors to get air into the workshop or to walk out onto the deck (which he built from "rescued" wood) to look a the beautiful scenery and the Texas sunset. I thought his idea to use doors all the way across the wall was brilliant!

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Love the desk idea!

pk @ room remix said...

I'm a fan of the desk project too. Love all of these creative ideas!

Runner Mom said...

There are some really creative people out there!! Love these ideas! Thanks Kimba!

Hugs!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Love the green door coffee table. Great shade of green.

Kitty Scraps said...

I found an old door behind some lumber in the garage now I only have to convince my hubby that we should turn it into a coffee table!

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

oh that green door coffee table is fabulous. and the desk. I have a stash of doors and my mind is racing what I can do with them.

Katie said...

So, today isn't DIY Day I take it. :( But I am still excited for all of this reuse DIY stuff. Great way to keep the landfills a little less full. I'm already itchin' to do another one.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

I heart doors! Thanks for all the inspiration!

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! My head is spinning with all these ideas! Thank you!

m ^..^

Hayley said...

Love reusing doors! My husband made our whole bed out of antique doors, and most people can't tell until we point it out. Check it out! http://peteandhayley.blogspot.com/2008/10/bed.html

Joy said...

Hi Kimba,
Thank you so much for linking to my blog! That is very kind of you.
I don't know if I'm "the queen." If I am I need to find me a crown. ;~)
I really do love to use old doors for building furniture. They're great for building with because they're made of good solid wood. They give so much character and style to the piece of furniture and to the room. I think that we have a piece of old door or old window furniture in almost every room of our house.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So many wonderful ideas. Love them. What fantastic ways to use these beauties. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Julie said...

Those are so cool - I especially love the first two. I have an old door from my Great-Grandmothers house that I've been trying to think of a use for for about 5 years. It's an ironing board door so it's narrower than a normal door and I'm so terrified of ruining it that I can't bring myself to touch it! Someday maybe... Until then I think I need to hunt for one that I'm not emotionally attatched to!

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

I came across your blog from another friend's page & just love your ideas. I look forward to seeing more & using your tips! Great blog!

Nicol said...

I have an old door that I took from our last house. It was sitting in the basement unused and figured I might as well take it. It's been sitting outside all summer waiting for me. I am thinking of painting it and hanging it above my couch in the livingroom.

Britt said...

That desk is so cool! If I ever find just the right door, I might have to make one of those. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny Froh said...

What great ideas for old doors. I have a couple old doors painted blue and pink just hanging on my walls as art.. I love them!

Pam @ This Humble House said...

Okay! I am going to join the door turned into a table bandwagon!! I love these!!! I see old doors all the time and I want to do this so bad! Thanks for the inspirations!

Kathy C. said...

Kimba, I'm not so sure it was a good thing for me to read your post today, LOL. I want to do the screen door pantry - DEFINITELY!...I have been itching for a new "old looking" desk, and I'm loving the door desk idea...I ALSO want to forage around in the workshop and find some wood to make trays now!!! Yikes...hubby will love the list of projects we need to begin, LOL. :)
Have a beautiful day!

the undomesticated wife said...

I think I mentioned before...I've been wanting to make a dining table from an old door for years, but haven't found the perfect door yet. I'll find it one day!

A friend of mine and I bought her an old door last summer. We propped it up in a corner of her house that needed *something* and hung a pretty, natural wreath from it. It turned out cute, wish I had pics!

Amico Dio said...

These are some great finds, Kimba! Thanks for sharing them.

Heidi said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing!! ;) You know, I had the idea for using a door as a headboard when we first moved into our house 4 years ago...the idea had been stewing in my brain since I graduated highschool and was looking forward to decorating my own place someday Bummer that I've never had any walls that were MINE to put big holes in to experiment with hanging it - - - still don't since we're renting...bah!

Tamara Jansen said...

I love your old door re-do's. We're gonna use old doors for our fall display this year!

Ticking and Toile said...

Love your blog! Love the dresser rehab using the caromal colors. Had a question for you regarding the process in general..I am in the middle of a dresser rehab & was wondering if you prefer the "old way" of using a primer, then painting then sanding to distess or do you like the caromal colors technique better?? Hopefully this doesn't create a conflict of interest for you! thanks so much

Anonymous said...

I am loving the door posts! I wish I had my own place to have fun with. I am thinking a little cottage would be adorable with doors!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

So strange you posted this...when this week my diy is a screen pantry door that has not been painted in 2 years....I finally panted it! I am also currently looking for just the right legs to make an office desk out of an old door!! GMTA!!

Laurel said...

I have always loved old door projects. Thanks so much for reminding me how much inspiration is out there!!!

Kristen said...

I have a thang for doors.

I have several old old ones all over my house!

Thanks for showing off my pantry door too :D

Anonymous said...

Love the doors! i thought your coffee table turned out really great. I am excited you are going to keep diy going. This has turned into a diy summer for me:)

Love the Decor! said...

Love the idea! The coffee table looks great in your room. Job very well done. Thank-you for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

How cool! My DIY post today is about installing a front door. Great minds think alike!

See ya later for DIY Day.

Unknown said...

Our dog has been chewing on our Ikea coffee table adding to the dents, knicks and scraps.
I think it's time for a coffee table and this would be a fun project for my hubby and teen.

Anonymous said...

Love those door projects. I am saving all the ideas in my file. Someday I have got to find an old door cheap, and when I do, I'll be ready!

EMBELLISH said...

I absolutely love old doors. My dinning room table is made out of an old door. It's resembles an old farm table and I adore it. Your blog is so fun. Thanks for sharing all of your creative and inspiring ideas. Take care.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are neat! I especially liked the one with the knob still attached. :) Looking forward to DIY Day.

kristin maynes said...

I have an old door..pretty sure it's antique. I should make a desk!! I love that!

Andréann said...

The desk is wonderfull!
thanks for that research... (I feel lazy now that I have all those links to look out at reach!)

It's a shame I don't have an old door on hands now!

monkeyseeboutique said...

Kimba! I am loving these door ideas!!!