21 August 2009

DIY Day Recap and A Winner!

Yesterday was another great DIY Day! Click over there and check out some of the fantastic DIY projects that are being shared.

DIY Day @ ASPTL

And if you haven't heard of DIY Day yet, where have you been??? Every Thursday, we get together and share our newest DIY projects. It's a blast! MckLinky usually shows up around 10pm Wednesday night and the linky party continues through Friday. Come party with us next week! There were over 170 projects linked up during yesterday's party.

And many, many thanks to Maggie Whitley for sponsoring DIY Day and for offering such a wonderful giveaway. Check out her shop!

This playroom makeover from The Old White Cottage has completely inspired me to get working on my shameful playroom.

A beautiful headboard turned bench from For the Love of My Home and Life.

A wowza, yowza fireplace makeover from Older and Wiser. It's so dramatic!!! You need to go see the "before" pictures.

Sutton Grace made an unbelievable play kitchen from an old entertainment center!

I love how The Treat Girl took her daughter's bedroom from Little Girl Sweet to Teenage Girl Fabulous! Great job!

You won't believe the work that Kristi from Kiki's Corner did to foof up her classroom before school starts. She's one stylish teacher! Love it!

This is definitely the most fabulous wedding cupcake stand that I've ever seen! And it was a DIY project! Thanks for Jen from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for sharing.

Calling all cubical dwellers! You MUST check out this cubical makeover that Mrs. Faz of The Faz Chronicles did for her friend.

I love this cereal box mosaic from Infarrantly Creative! What a great project to do with the kids!

If you could only learn how to cook one thing, it should be a roasted chicken like this one from The Blushing Hostess Cooks.

I love this post from Kelly Hicks where she shows off the potential that she saw in one seriously ugly skirt.

Num. Num. Num. I am definitely going to try this Basil Chicken Angel Hair Pasta from Along the Way with K & J.

Great tutorial for making surfer dude signs from Enchantresses 3!

~~~~~~~~~~


We also have a winner of the $40 store credit to {GUSSY has a lot to sew}. It can be used in either her online store or her etsy shop. Mr. Random Number Thingy choose Moneywise Moms and her Frugal Wall Art. Congratulations!

Many thanks to GUSSY for sponsoring DIY Day! Check her out and you're sure to fins something you love.


25 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

These are all so awesome, thanks for the lookcy.


cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com

Jennifer Juniper said...

Yay! Treat Girl is my real life girlfriend turned blog buddy! I knew she had to enter this when she showed me the pictures :)

Misty said...

these are really great!

Kate Kubler said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! Try the Basil Chicken! It's DELISH!

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Thank you so much Kimba!

I'm so glad you do the recaps. I never have enough time to look at all the links so its nice to see a few I missed.

Pippa Faz said...

Thanks for the shout out! I had a lot of fun doing the diy and adding my name to your list! I check your blog all the time and really enjoy it!

Congrats to the winner!!!

DeeDee said...

Wow even if I didn't win I am sure inspired by some awesome crafts and redos thanks so much for this ...and congrats to the lucky winner..

Emily said...

Kimba! You're site is the BEST!
I need your help (and anybody else who wants to chime in as well!)
I have a very large mirror. No frame. Its about 4ft long x 3ft tall. What is something fun and creative and cheap that I could do with it? I cant get rid of it (I've tried giving it away for free on freecycle).
Help!
Emily

Unknown said...

Love the ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Oh wow!! Must go check these out!! Talented ladies!!

decorator to the stars said...

love your blog, if you have time stop on over & say hi, i think you'll like :) gio

Andréann said...

I'm glad you did a recap, too!
I did not find the time to look at all these link this week,(i didn't even enterred!)

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Yay! Thanks so much Kimba and Gussy! I am so excited and am heading over to her website to pick some pretty things out.

Thanks to everyone for sharing on DIY Day--it's the best day of the week!

Dana and Tonya said...

Love this blog. I would also love to get your opinion on the painting of a cabinet i have:

http://imnomartha.blogspot.com/2009/08/danas-dilemma-cold-feet-conundrum.html

thanks so much!

Kristi said...

Kimba, you are awesome! Thank you for hosting this each week, it is such a blast. I am so honored that you highlighted my classroom~what a blessing!

The Blushing Hostess said...

Thank you Kimba, very kind to mention my old stand by and to be broad enough to allow the cooks in as DIY's. really, your blog has such a warm feeling. I realized I forgot to link back to you - fixing it now, thank you for not axing me!! Ah-hem, another "hospitable" blog would have in one second flat...

Decor To Adore said...

Truly creative people live in blogland!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Okay, I had to laugh.....all these talented ladies, with my foolishness thrown in the mix. It's like "one of these people doesn't belong."

Thanks for all the inspiration and for providing "A Soft Place To Land" for all your readers.

P.S DIY Days ROCK!

* said...

These are so amazing! I like the headboard turned bench and the entertainment center transformed into a child's play kitchen. Never seen anything like it. WoW!!

Unknown said...

I love these. I actually just featured the play kitchen on my before and after blog too!

Patinaware said...

*All great ideas*

I totally ♥ the headboard bench!

grannyann said...

I can hardly wait to start reading everyones posts. Love this DIY Day!!

Anonymous said...

I am continually blown away, after each of these DIY Day's that you run... honestly, many of these projects are better than what you see on HGTV!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow. These projects are so amazing : ) What a fun feature this is!

Anonymous said...

These are all awesome!!!!these are all really great..Thanks for all the inspiration and for providing "A Soft Place To Land" for all your readers...
--
Reenee
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems