28 August 2009

DIY Day Linky Love

Alicia at Thrifty and Chic Motif came up with a brilliant use for an old desk as a beautiful new sofa table.

This chair makeover from Tea Rose Home is a perfect example of why you shouldn't overlook that ugly $2.00 chair at the garage sale of flea market. Beautiful!

Such a pretty workspace makeover from Amanda at Imperfectly Beautiful.

This couch makeover from Kelly Hicks made me gasp! You MUST go see the before picture. And I MUST learn how to reupholster.

It doesn't get much easier than this DIY cake stand and pedestal bowl from Rocky Bella.

Check out this packing flat coffee table from Waiting for Two. I love it!

Do you think that Lori from Girls in the Garden would let me come hang out on her porch? 'Cause she has the kind of porch that most of us would die for.

Because I love all things treehouse, here's a treehouse makeover from Journey to Josie. You could probably write about how your treehouse is moldy, smelly, rotten and falling down and you'd get some linky love from me. I love treehouses that much. (Note: Journey to Josie's treehouse is NOT dirty, smell OR rotten. It's adorable!)

Anyone who is sassy enough to turn a thrift store bowling ball into a garden gazing ball gets some linky love from me. Something tells me that Gail from My Repurposed Life is a hoot!

Diana from The Devine Home did a fantastic kitchen makeover for her sister. LOVE those black cabinets.

Great idea for a jazzed up bathroom wall from Red House Happenings. Pencil doodles + craft paint = FUN!

You know I can't resist a project involving an old door. Here's a great door-turned-headboard project from The Weathered Cottage.

A super fun glass-door bookcase makeover from Sarah Babble. The painted Dollar Tree birdie inside it sealed the deal for me.


17 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Love the Decor! said...

Great projects! There are so many talented people out there

Southern Fried Gal said...

Aren't you amazed at some if these transformations? I love to see you top picks each week. Love the chair - found a similar one roadside a few weeks - yippee!

gail@myrepurposedlife said...

Thanks so much for linking to my blog!
I love your blog.
gail

Alicia@Thrifty And Chic said...

Your wonderful, thanks for all your inspirations!

Lori P said...

Wow. Great ideas. Um, I'm going to get an "upholstery" book myself.

jennybek said...

I can't believe it! I have that chair in the before state. I bought it with the intentions of re-doing it. Someoene sawed off the bottom taper on the legs, though. I was just looking at it today and wondering what it had looked like, and find a pic of the same chair in my reader!
This has inspired me to get along with my redo.
Great pics!

Unknown said...

That green couch was my very favorite!

The Weathered Cottage said...

thanks so much kimba! And I too enjoy seeing everyone's creations...that upholstered couch is fab!!!

Unknown said...

Loved the green couch too. Everything was very awesome!

grannyann said...

thanks for highlighting these projects. they are great.

Joanna B said...

Thanks for showing off my coffee table! I was so, so excited to see it on here!

Sachiko said...

Thank you so much for linking to my blog. I am so excited to see my chair on here! DIY day has been such a fun party, I am looking forward to next week already!

Sachiko

Joy Beadworks said...

Oh how I love the inspiration...I need to learn how to upolster (first I need to learn how to spell it!).

Diana@DevineDesigns said...

Thanks for highlighting my sister's kitchen makeover! Love the inspiration from everyone's projects.

Free Art Printables said...

Hey Kimba, stop over, I have party that i think will be right up your alley!

Anonymous said...

I love that couch!!

kellyhicks said...

Thanks so much for highlighting my mom's couch! I love your blog!