29 July 2009

DIY Day!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

It's my favorite day of the week...DIY Day on ASPTL! DIY Day is all about you. Link up your DIY home projects, makeovers, crafts...even a great recipe counts as DIY, in my opinion.

We have another prize this week! Two of my favorite girls, Megan and Lori, from Whiteflower Farmhouse are offering this beautiful collection of summer goodies for your home. How cute is that beach sign painted on a fence picket? You can find all of this in their shop.

I adore Whiteflower Farmhouse. I've already shown you the beautiful Driftwood Sailboat that I have on my mantle. Love it!

Their Long Island based shop is full of vintage finds, refurbished items and beautiful things with up-to-date, simple country style. I love the grainsack pillows, vintage sap buckets and to-die-for locker baskets. Check out their shop to see what's available now. You can email or call (contact info is on their site), if you find something that you can't live without. And you probably will.

Let's get to the linking! The Whiteflower Farmhouse girls are going to pick their favorite post as the winner!

If you want to use the pretty DIY Day button, you can grab it over in my far-right column. Here's the rules...

  1. Add a permalink to your specific post, not the main page of your blog.
  2. Include a short description of your DIY project in parenthesis after the name of your blog. For example, Raising Two Boys (creating padded bedroom walls).
  3. Link to this party from your post so everyone can get in on the fun.
  4. Visit, visit, visit and comment, comment, comment!
  5. Double-check to make sure your link works and goes to the right page so it doesn’t get deleted! If you come back and see that your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again. No worries!

Powered by MckLinky

  1. This Southern Girls Nest (Paint Your Own Damask)
  2. Beachbrights (I am Totally Funked)
  3. Amanda @ Serenity Now {Easy Flower Hairclips!}
  4. Jennifer Juniper / Antiqued Walls
  5. Richella (thrift store ottoman rescue)
  6. randee@life is good - diy burlap bookrack
  7. Twice Rememembered {Studio ceiling & fan makeover}
  8. Ashleys Busy ( pretty Love sign )
  9. Que Sara Sara (tile and cocktail napkin coasters)
  10. The Pleasures of Homemaking - Door Mirror Makeover
  11. Maya@Completely Coastal (Beach Pebbles Lampshade)
  12. Amy@Designing A Life I Loves LAMP Tutorial
  13. Rachelle (4.00 serving tray transformed!)
  14. ABEACHCOTTAGE Do It Yourself Shutters
  15. Mirror - Silhouettes for Bella and Harley
  16. C&C Lemon Cheesecake
  17. Console Table Rehab...from Garnish It
  18. Lindsay @ Likely Design : Mod bookcase in baby room
  19. m @ tales from an oc cottage
  20. The Shabby Chic Cottage ($65 bathroom makeover)
  21. Little Red Roost (New entryway bench)
  22. Enchantresses 3 ~ Painted Kitchen Cabinets
  23. Steph @ AnnoyinglyDomestic (Cloth Covered Binder)
  24. Liz @ IGTBH (how to hang art on paneled walls)
  25. Ikea table goes silver
  26. At Home With The Hinsons
  27. Liz @ Abundant Grace transformed wall decor
  28. Trudi pretty black and cream tray
  29. Kara (Drink dispenser re - purposed)
  30. Jaime @ A Place Out West : A side - of - the - road desk
  31. Mandi Shandis Backyard Patio and Counter
  32. Jill @ Barnes Yard (dumpster diving)
  33. Chris @ Just a Girl (Houseguest Tray)
  34. Make a wall portfolio! Perfect for artists!
  35. Traci@Beneath My Heart (Ballard Look - a - like Hutch)
  36. DIY Chair Rail
  37. Recipe to make POLLYANNAS BAZAAR CAKE!!!
  38. Cheap&Sweet my $2 rocking chair update!!
  39. Kammy *Big project done & New Framed Art for Teen*
  40. Wonder Woman Wannabe (House Exterior Facelift)
  41. rebecca@older&wi sor (backsplash secret - shhhh!)
  42. Flower Patch Farmgirl (slipcovered curtains)
  43. Lil Blue Boo (Lettered Beanbag Tutorial - CUTE!)
  44. Michelles Vintage Crate Label Bulletin Board
  45. Amanda @ Worthy House (pillow and pencil holders)
  46. Bentwood Rocker - a king size platform bed!
  47. Your cool friend Cheryl (pleated table skirt)
  48. Gayla @ The Cockrells (family sign / jewelry holder)
  49. Elisabeth@lambie - pie (yard sale picnic basket redo)
  50. Thrift store mini - chair makeover
  51. Funky Junk Interiors character building
  52. A Jumbled Masterpiece
  53. afamiliarpath~ distressed painted sideboard
  54. Caroline@FOREVER VINTAGE
  55. Gina@Not So Random Stuff (window sheers)
  56. Oops I Craft My Pants - COOKIE SHEET CALENDAR
  57. An Inch of Gray (No - Sew Shrug out of Old Navy Tee)
  58. My Insanity (Jungle / safari bedroom / nursery)
  59. Stuffed jalepenos (YUM! Not as hot as you think!)
  60. Alison@This Wasnt In The Plan (Travel Lap Desks)
  61. Kaki~ Inspired Message Board!
  62. Sugar Mommy - - DIY hanging basket watering system
  63. Sarah @ Thriftydecorchick (patching holes)
  64. Tea Rose Home /
  65. Tea Rose Home / Place Mat Cafe Apron
  66. Chickie Momma Crafts (dresser redo)
  67. Twice Remembered : Charming Clothespin Makeovers!
  68. Moneywise Moms (Mod Podge Dresser)
  69. Julia @ Open Hand Living (DIY Dropcloth Art)
  70. TRANSFORMATION END TABLE!
  71. kirwin @ graceful creative (DIY party decor)
  72. Stool makeover
  73. Julia @ Open Hand Living (DIY Painting)
  74. kojodesigns (DIY tablecloth from vintage linens)
  75. kojodesigns (mod canvas as a party guest book)
  76. Mommy of Ms (VBS Robot)
  77. DIY Vintage Glass Knobs
  78. Super French Decor.Projects.New Mr Linky Aug 10
  79. Initial Bookends
  80. HappyBrownHouse DIY Birthday Cupcakes
  81. A beachy baby dresser for my almost - not - a - baby
  82. Christy @ EmbellishedBayou (Paint Organizer)
  83. RUSTIC CHAIR turned FLOWER CONTAINER!!
  84. Suzanne ~ TheJoyfulChaos {Kids Built - In Loft}
  85. Morning Glories and Moonflowers (Happy Quilt)
  86. Southern Fried Gal (Kid Party Fun)
  87. Pineconeprim - a bag a quilt a shelf or two
  88. Charity @ Modestify (DIY Nursery)
  89. Laundry Room Drying Rack by Centsational Girl
  90. Joan@ anything goes here : vintage bottle snowmen
  91. Dukes and Duchesses (tween boy room makeover)
  92. Astrid @ Lopsided House (cloudwash kit)

  1. Astrid @ Lopsided House (clouds painted)
  2. Not the Jet Set - Sweet Cherry Recipe
  3. Fawnda@Fireflies & Jelly beans (homemade lanyard)
  4. Kristen - PajamaMama (Media Cabinet Before & After)
  5. Delightful Dwelling - Mini kitchen makeover
  6. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality (Ballards prints copy)
  7. Beth@Stories of A to Z ***Wreath Makeover***
  8. Creating With Numbers - Monica@happynester.com
  9. Melanie @ The Old White Cottage (Serving tray)
  10. TidyMom (Office Makeover progress)
  11. Decorative Time Out Chair and Mat
  12. Diamond in the rough - kitchen makeover!
  13. Down Home DIY - Decorative Coasters
  14. Living With Lindsay (DIY Custom Themed Headboard)
  15. BJ_Mama (Easy Backsplash & Chalkboard Cabinets)
  16. the Butlers wife (slipcover)
  17. Kitty Scraps (My frugual porch makeover)
  18. Jamie (attempting to embroider)
  19. Jackie (DIY All Around The House)
  20. Kelly Hicks - handmade feathered headband!
  21. Down Home DIY - Cabinet Door Wall Art
  22. Kenra @ Domestic Princess in Training
  23. lapdesk makeover to chalkboard desk
  24. Down Home DIY - Handmade Wood Vase
  25. Down Home DIY - Baby Shower Decor Ideas
  26. Down Home DIY - Painted Baby Shoes
  27. sharae / lamp transformation
  28. LivingBetterToge ther (Oversized Chalkboard)
  29. Nicole@BugaboosC reations (Jewelry Box Redo & More)
  30. Down Home DIY - Transitional Window Treatments
  31. Dawn - Hydrangea Home (Pizza on the grill)
  32. Haute Decor Gal (dont laugh at how easy this is!)
  33. Down Home DIY - Cigar Box Style Purses
  34. Sarah @ Life {Sweet} Life - Mailbox Makeover
  35. Down Home DIY - $3 Decorative Wall Art
  36. Down Home DIY - Upcycled Memo Boards
  37. TheOldPostRoad Ruffles for My Bench
  38. Amy @ Living Locurto (Easy NO SEW T - Shirt Craft)
  39. Delightful Home (Pretty table on a budget)
  40. Roeshel@Evangeli nes Vine (Barn Makeover Update)
  41. The DIY Show Off (Leslies DIY Framed Map)
  42. Debra @ Bungalow Mantle Makeover
  43. C @ Project Pretty - Transformed Shelf
  44. painted fireplace
  45. A Girly Room
  46. Katie @ Making This Home
  47. L.Duncan (fabric covered message board)
  48. Its A Strange and Lovely Ride (Stool Makeover)
  49. Wilibleu (Saylor Bleus Bleutique)
  50. Christens Corner (paint by number murals)
  51. The Gaines Gang ($13 bedside redo)
  52. Wilibleu (Saylor Bleus Bleutique)
  53. Stamped Fork
  54. Thrify and Chic Motif : Goodwill sofa table
  55. New Every Morning ~ school room
  56. Joy@JoysofHome - A Picture Frame Tray
  57. Britt @ A Penny Saved ($987 Kitchen Remodel!)
  58. Fabric Flower Clip Tutorial - Very Cute!!!
  59. Black Paint Love...the best seat in the house!
  60. Dawn : Inexpensive home decor projects
  61. Brittany (Bathroom redo on a budget!)
  62. Brittany (Laundry room makeover on a budget)
  63. Carla @ My Organized Chaos (Boys room on a budget)
  64. Lucys Tales (thrifty bed / bath redo)
  65. A little Spray Paint...and a relocation!
  66. Down Home DIY - A charitable DIY Makeover
  67. melissa * 320 sycamore (hutch shelves)
  68. Fred & Dawn - TheHoneyDoChronicl es (mud room bench)
  69. edeenut (redo my couch)
  70. Sugar Jones Funeral Potatoes. Mmmmm!
  71. Dresser Transformation In Progress
  72. MurphyGraceHome - Sheets from a Duvet Cover
  73. Gathering Room Re - Do at BerryMorins Bits & Tips
  74. DIY Stone Patio
  75. Seize the day - grab the spray paint! (diamond)
  76. (Armoire make - over) Jen R
  77. Traci @ Living the Good Life (Patio Curtains)
  78. Carla@MyOrganize dChaos (budget boys room corrected
  79. Melany at Pilarinas Workshop - DIY Thank you card
  80. Melany @ Pilarinas Workshop - Thank you cards!
  81. A Steadfast Life~Dresser Makeover
  82. Thrift store transformations from Autum
  83. Canadian Rhapsody (distressed centerpiece)
  84. JunkFest : Dream in Cream...dreamy fireplace redo
  85. Vinyl wall art
  86. Joys Hope (Quilting with paper.)
  87. Amy (Mod Podge vintage box tutorial)
  88. Thrifty shopper
  89. Judy@In Shi Grip - - old end - table
  90. What To Do With Vintage Finds?
  91. Kids Furniture - Decoration Guide
  92. See De Sew






Get your free Mcklinky here...

32 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jennifer Juniper said...

That 'beach' picket rocks! I just clicked over there and think maybe it's time to redecorate...again :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That beachy sign is soooo cute, and I love the candle. Adorable! :)

Thanks again, Kimba, for hosting (hostessing?). ;) I always look forward to reading about everyone's work. :)

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Lol, I totally spelled my blog name wrong in my link. Twice Rememembered? That's what happens when three children are talking to you at once, ugh!

Ashley's Busy said...

love that beach sign, I actually saw one of my neighbors leaving out a pile of fence pieces for trash pick-up...you better believe I went over and grabbed a bunch! I didn't have a plan for the, but now that I see that sign, I have some inspiration. Thanks!!

Richella Parham said...

How exciting! I set the timer and got myself to the party on time. This is sad--I'm celebrating being on time? Maybe it's time for my kids to go back to school, so I'll have no choice but to be in a better routine.

This is a fun, fun party, Kimba. I love the way you've given us the chance just to show what we've been working on, whatever it might be.

And what a nice giveaway! Your driftwood boat is so cool. It'll be fun to check out their other wares.

Blue Creek Home said...

Thanks for hosting! This is so much fun...and WhiteFlower Farmhouse has such beautiful things.
Rhonda

abeachcottage said...

wow nice shop!

thanks for hosting Kimba, I'm surfing round for inspiration...

Sarah

Maya@Completely Coastal said...

I absolutely adore Whiteflower Farmhouse too! They have so many great rustic things..., and thanks for hosting this party, Kimba.

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Yay, I love DIY DAY!!! And what a gorgeous giveaway!!

Joanna said...

I just love that your doing this. It's so much fun to see other creative ideas!

Kammy said...

The beach signage is too cute !
Thanks for playing hostess, Kimba !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I want those starfish! I need them for an empty bowl hanging out in my living room.

I am up too late--just wrote the longest post in an effort to be "thorough" on my Mod Podge Dresser tutorial.

Thanks again for DIY Thursday. The accountability is helping get so many projects done because I have a deadline each week.

Embellished Bayou said...

I love Thursdays! And a Giveaway too, what a great day!

The Blushing Hostess said...

Love the sailboat, but I do not DIY through an agreement with the local ER :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh crud....I was all ready to link up and fell asleep on the coach and by the time I woke up there were a gazillion links up. Bummer....next time. :)

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I've got several projects I'm cooking up and slowly working on but nothing definite yet to post on! At least reading the other posts will inspire me to keep trying. :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, very cool, I would love to win that prize! That would look fantastic in my beachy guestroom. And my project is beachy today too.

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect spot for those!
Love your blog, thanks for hosting & letting me share, and discover new ideas.

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Just wanted to add-I was at the White Flower Farmhouse just last week and bought 3 of those teacup candles which smell great! And my SIL to be bought that exact beach sign and starfish for her beachy guest bedroom. Great shop!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

How fun is this !! I love love it !
Thank you for giving us a great place to be on Thursday ~
xoxo,
Lori

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Great Links! I finally have a project to enter:-) Love the beach sign.

Ms. Tee said...

Those things are so pretty! I love the Whiteflower Farmhouse, too. Thank you for hosting and letting us join in. :)

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

I esp look forward to your party too, Kimba. And I love that candle. My fingers are crossed tighter than ever before.
Katie

Suzann said...

I've been working on a project, but I totally spaced out about taking any photos. I'm a bad blogger.

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Hi! Busy day for this but I got an award to pass on and I wanted to pass it to you! You can see it ay www.mommywords.com. I love your blog! Have a wonderful DIY Thursday. I am mid way through a project so it will have to wait until next week!

Georgia Girl said...

I am so loving this day....it is part of my weekly ritual...for looking that is...I don't have anything to add so I will have to just enjoy all the fab..u..lous stuff but I will be back next week to join in with a great recipe I am working on...oh it will be so southern!

Sugar Jones said...

I hope you get to try my version of funeral potatoes!

Free Art Printables said...

Thanks for hosting Kimba!

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

Ok - I am WAY late today! I almost didn't make it. And then I screwed up my link. Ah well, I think I got it now. Thanks for hosting! Now I can't wait to go browsing! :D

Down Home DIY said...

I love all the DIY goodness. Very inspiring DIY Day!

Anonymous said...

Kimba...my first attempt at linking up, #155, isn't working. Not sure why. But I redid it and added another one that works. Just wanted to let you know...you can delete #155. Thanks!

Richella Parham said...

Girl, just look at the response here! I was just checking in with you, as I do every day, and I saw how many McLinky entries you have. Holy Cow. You're doing the biggest thing in blogland this summer! Don't you feel like a trendsetter?

Bless you! Have a great weekend!