21 April 2009

Laryssa Herbert is in my bathroom!!

Well, not exactly real-live and in-person. But her Feathers and Egg Prints are!



When The Nester announced that she would be having a Mr. Linky party so that we could show off what we did with our Feather and Egg Prints from L. Herbert Designs, I'll admit that my first reaction was "No! No! No!" Not because I didn't love my prints...because I do...but because they're in my bathroom. I knew I couldn't do a post about something in my bathroom without a gratuitous potty shot.

But since I would do pretty much whatever Nester asked me to, I'll let you see my bathroom. A side note...Last week, Nester asked me to spray paint my feet and I did. I think she was messing with me. Anyway, here you go...

gratuitous potty shot


Wait...What? You're not here to see my potty? You want to see the prints? OK.



I love them! My only problem is that whenever I hang a bunch of smaller frames together, I make myself insane trying to get them in line and level.



To make things easier, I took two sheets of really thin plywood and covered them with burlap. Then I hung the prints (with their new blue mats and dollar store frames) directly on the burlap boards. I also attached those saw-toothed picture hanger things on the back of the plywood. The whole thing is held together with hot glue and a prayer.



It was way easier to get everything in line and level this way. Bonus: Fewer holes in the walls and I can move them somewhere else or hang them side by side easily.



My deepest apologies to the very talented and sweet Laryssa Herbert for talking about my potty in the same post as your fabulous artwork.

Swing by The Nesting Place and check out the Feather and Eggs party. You can play along even if you don't have a set. You might win one for yourself!

57 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Ooooo! Very pretty! I tried and tried to hang mine straight in a row....and they're still not straight! Grrr! Those are lovely prints, aren't they?

Ruthanne said...

I love it!

Everyone wants a pretty bathroom, right?

Natalie Meester said...

I would have never thought of hanging them on burlap. How clever! Love it!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I drive myself crazy lining them up on the wall, too! What a clever solution, Kimba. Your prints look great in there!

Amanda said...

Wow, love the idea of hanging them on burlap. Very clever. Looks great in your bathroom!

duchess said...

Beautiful & I love the burlap background - genius.

Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home said...

Kimba,

I'm not offended at all! I have ORIGINAL art I've painted in our bathrooms!

Thanks for showing us how you framed them...they look great!

Tiffany said...

Too funny! So...is it her art that you see while, um, sitting on the throne? Well, most of us spend a decent percentage of our time there, so we should be looking at something pretty, right? :)

Wendy said...

You are very funny! And I love the idea of mounting them on the burlap covered boards. Great job!

Tricia said...

The prints are great, of course, but I really love the way you chose to hang them. I love natural texture, and oh yeah, I can never get anything to hang straight so I think the burlap wrapped panels are fantastic! I think I may just borrow that idea somewhere in my house.
*Tricia

Kristen, pajama mama said...

i love the burlap board idea! Looks great!
kristen

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

Mine are still unframed and waiting for a home! Shameful!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love the burlap idea! I may just have to join in the party and see if I can win a set of my own. ;)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Words cannot express how much I love the burlap behind it! It is pure genius. I'm off to cover some plywood for my bathroom. Thanks

susan said...

Very smart girl! I like the idea of the natural background for the prints!

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

hee hee...how 'bout spraypainting that white toilet...come one - purple, gold. Oh, that's right, I am not the Nester. :)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

They look very cool on burlap! I have GOT to get my burlap art finished! Thanks for sharing the potty and all..

~Misti

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Love the idea of the burlap covered plywood! That really makes the prints pop.

Flor Larios Art said...

I love pretty bathrooms...The colors are so soft and beautiful as the prints...

Stacey said...

Great colors in your potty! :)

Love the prints also!

J.J. said...

That texture backing is so cute. See...that is why I cam here...for ideas lke that!

I also love the simple decor and color choice!

Karol said...

Love how you hung them! It looks fantastic.

Karol :0)

M.J. said...

Kimba-
I hung 3 and still have 2 left...where do I get the blue mats? I love them with the blue mats!!!!

Thanks for the great ideas with the burlap!!! you are awesome!

MJ

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the idea of using the burlap board!

Anonymous said...

love, love, love the idea of posting frames on fabric covered plywood before hanging them on the wall....if I never benefited from another tip from you...this would be worth following your blog every day!

"held together with hot glue and a prayer" I think that may be your new tag line ;)

Unknown said...

Oh my word! I love the idea of hanging them on burlap covered boards. The texture it adds is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing - even if they are in your bathroom. :)

Adriennealine said...

Thank you for always making me smile! Love the print and the AWESOME way you hung them! Brilliant!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Inspires me to get my bathroom done!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Beautious!!! She does beautiful work!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

They look beautiful - I love the idea of grouping them on the burlap. The natural element of the burlap really sets off the prints.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Pretty! I like the burlap idea but I would drive myself crazy trying to get the prints straight on the plywood wrapped burlap. Then I would get overwhelmed and just slap them up there and call it good. Until my husband came in and asked me why I didn't get my prints hung straight and he would redo the whole thing. :-)

Amber Filkins said...

It does look beautiful, Kimba. I love her prints, and after seeing these over and over, and OVER, I really want them! They're so cute!

LOVE your idea of putting them on a piece of plywood wrapped in burlap. That really is ingenious.

Pretty potty too. :)

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

They look perfect there. I like how you hung them, they are even more of a focal point with the burlap behind. Great job!
~Michelle

Sarah Mae said...

Your genius never ceases to amaze me! :)

Julianna Farmer said...

You are brilliant! I am so hanging my next grouping like that!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Oh wow, I love the idea of hanging them on the burlap covered plywood. I may try that with some pictures I have.

Cece

martha said...

C.L.E.V.E.R. hanging technique. I'm definitely going to be using that one! Just wish I'd discovered it before I made 127 holes in our home.....

Kasey said...

cute.

Kelli said...

Fabulous idea!!

Vanessa Greenway said...

They look great!!

Katy said...

Awesome, the bathroom looks wonderous!

Unknown said...

Very nice, Kimba dear! I love the burlap idea, I'll add it to my "do what Kimba does" list!

Always a Southern Girl said...

I absolutely love your bathroom. Come decorate mine please!!!! Have a great week. I'm glad I stopped by.

sara@augustfields said...

Kimba...very creative matting job!!! I love how you mounted these and where you put them :) I have these in my basket at etsy...just need to pull the trigger and purchase already. Thanks for sharing.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Cracking me up! They look great and what a fabulous idea on how to group them!

Amber said...

Please, please tell me that you took a photo of your spray painted feet?! That is hilarious! Do share the story...

flax and spindle said...

wonderful! I love those prints...I have egg prints in my kitchen

oldwomaninashoe@live.com said...

Okay, loved the prints but what is the name of the color on your walls? Especially behind the potty. Loved the color.

Kimba said...

Oldwomaninashoe,

The color in my bathroom is Restoration Hardware Cappucino. Restoration Hardware has the most wonderful paint colors.

You can buy them online if you don't have a store nearby.

Kimba

The Nester said...

Oh my goodness what a darling look!

I LOVE those frames on the burlap thingys!

Thanks so much for joining in girl! Now, go get that nester tatoo on your hiney.

Unknown said...

You are ubelievable! They look perfect - as does your potty : O )
Thank you for sharing.

Brenda Kula said...

Well, aren't you the clever one! That is a wonderful idea!
Brenda

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Your sense of humor cracks me up! I really like the textures in how you've done it.

Will you be talking at all about the post where you asked us about ourselves and our perspectives? I'd be so interested!
Katie

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Love the burlap backdrop. Very fun!!

Unknown said...

They look great. Thanks for sharing them.

Amy said...

WOW! Laryssa Herbert is certainly in all the good home blogs lately!

I must find some for MY house...!