20 March 2009

Linky Love - The Burlap Edition

I am in love with all things burlap. There's something about the color and the texture that just works for me. Oh, and it's cheap!



I adore this burlap coffee sack bulletin board from Maya*Made. It's definitely inspired a new project for me.



My Sweet Savannah put together a wonderful collection of burlap on her post called I Heart Burlap. Indeed! Her whole blog is full of wonderful inspiration and beautiful pictures. Check it out!



Check out these burlap curtain panels from Living My Life, Outside The Box. Nester would be proud. Lisa also recoved a lampshade with beautiful burlap.



More burlap curtain panels from Layla at The Lettered Cottage. Gorgeous!







30 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

The perfect mix of rustic and elegant!! All of the ideas are fabulous!!

Amy

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

I love it Kim!

Keep the wonderful blog posts coming!

Please check out my "other blog". I featured a woman who makes the most Amazing baskets. They are right up your alley! LOL!

Susan
http://myveryprettythings.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

Oh my, love the burlap curtains!!

Living Well said...

I love burlap! It's such a great neutral to build on!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

It's amazing how popular burlap is now!! Great texture!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Great photos! I heart burlap too.

Unknown said...

When I was a small girl my mama burlaped the dining room walls. So cool! I still remember walking by and just running my hand along the way. The texture was wonderful.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those are really cute! I love the corkboard with burlap on it! My mom has some french burlap drapes that are smocked at her house and they are to die for!

XOXO
Jen

Amy said...

I've been mulling over hanging burlap at my bedroom windows. This gives me encouragement that it will be great! Thanks!

Heathahlee said...

When I do the craft fair in May, I'm going to have to find some panels like you had on your porch at your old house. I'll have a cover thing but no walls, so I need something to hang up. I'm thinking burlap would be really neat. I'll have to see if I can find it around here.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Girl, I can't wait to check out these ladies! I have had a thing for burlap for a few years now. I have been wanting to cover some canvas and add upholstery tacks, it would be a great place to hang my giant "E". Burlap is awesome because it can be dressed up so easily! I also want to cover my lampshades...
~Misti

trish said...

I love burlap too and not a stitch of it is in my home ... what great ideas you have posted! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Tiffany said...

I guess I'll join the "I love burlap, but there's none in my home" group. Seriously, I don't know why I don't give it more attention. It's good for so many things!

Willo said...

I love the idea of burlap curtains and planters!

duchess said...

I'm digging burlap too & thinking about covering one of my round tables in it. I probably won't be able to find any now that you've posted about it - everybody's gonna run out & scoop it up since it's "Kimba approved".;)

Anonymous said...

I think burlap has such a relaxed feel to it! I love it!
~Kim

Kirsty said...

Lovely!! I would never have thought of using burlap for drapes but it looks beautiful :) I love the jars too!

Big Giveaway at my blog today-Happy Spring!!

Runner Mom said...

THis is really cute! Thanks for finding these great projects!

Hugs,
Susan

Vicki ♥ said...

I have always loved the look of Burlap. Although I have always called it Heshan. I am from Australia so dont know if that has anything to do with it. But either name it always looks fabulous!

Bust-Clutter.com said...

I've been toying with the idea of burlap curtains for years and these give me the inspiration I need. You wouldn't happen to know where I can get burlap in more colors than brown?

Allidink said...

I never considered using burlap in all those cool ways but I can't wait to try it! Thanks!

All the best,
Allison

Our Complete Family said...

Hidey Ho Kimba!
I've been a bit absent in blogging lately so unplugging from electronics will be a piece of cake for me next Friday. It's only b/c my other 1/2 is away though and I've been a busy Momma! I need to make sure I stick to it some when he gets home will be the big trick! Good idea you've got with that hun~ a good inspiration indeed!
The burlap things are so great. Very classic and a neat touch, you're right!
I love the headboard in the post below, too. Snazzy!
Happy rest of the weekend to you hun~ Les

Sarah said...

Kimba!
Too funny, because I just posted this: http://createstudio.blogspot.com/2009/03/coupon-notebook-cover.html
Enjoy!

-Sarah from Create Studio
www.createstudio.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

For this post how I wish we still lived in our house in New Jersey. Growing up, I lived in a house where the previous owners had used burlap as the wallpaper in the formal living room. Then painted it yellow. As sweet as burlap might look, I still have this silly aversion to anything burlap. How sad for me, huh? :(

Jackie ♥ said...

Hi Kimba,

I just wanted to say I loved your "burlap" ideas! I created a new bag using a "burlap" type fabric...I'd love for you to check it out...I linked your post about it to my blog in todays post! Hope you don't mind...

Have a great day!

Jackie

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I am loving burlap right now and have a few projects int he works with it. I used to work at a fabric store. A girl I worked with couldn't stand to cut burlap and I hated to cut velvet (I got he chills now when I typed velvet), so we would cut for each other on those items.

Paul said...

Who could live without Burlap?

jessiev said...

I'm getting more and more attached to this burlap thing...I was not too thrilled at first with the whole look...but...the more I see...the more I like!! Once again inspired by the ladies of Blogland! Thanks!

Montee said...

I made a burlap tablerunner for Thanksgiving and wrote a verse down the middle of it. Thanks for more cool ideas, especially the curtains.

mayaluna said...

loved your burlap post! lots of wonderful inspiration... thanks for including me!