04 March 2009

All Shiny and New!

Oh my GLORY!!!!

Things are a-changin' around A Soft Place to Land! I'm all a-flutter with excitement over my new and improved bloggy home!

I'm so tired from telling Darcy what to do for the last few days. While she worked her fingers to the bone, I would say, "Now make it bigger...now make it green...can it blink?...what if we turn it upside down?" And by "we", I mean Darcy. It was exhausting. Utterly exhausting.

Darcy from Graphically Designing is the most fabulous, patient designer on the planet. Never once did she ridicule me for asking silly questions like, "What do you mean, I have subscribers? Where are they?"

All I can say is thank you, Darcy! You are the best!

If you are in the market for some design work or a complete makeover, she's your woman. She even does blog consulting, which I think is fantastic! I told her numerous times during this process that her title needs to be Chief Designer/Business and Life Coach. She knows what she's talking about. And she just redesigned her own business blog. You have to check it out! It's beautiful!

Completely random picture because I'm not on my regular computer and I wanted to see what it would look like.

So what do you think?

Click around. Try it out! But be warned...all of the links are functioning beautifully because that was Darcy's part. The content is lacking because that was my part. I'll have all those pages on my navigation bar filled in shortly. There are obviously some changes going on (like now I'm accepting advertisers) but I'll tell you all about that later.

Tell me what you think! Tell me how much you love it! And if you don't, be gentle. I'm very tired from working so hard.

68 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Heathahlee said...

I'm so glad I clicked "refresh" one more time before signing off! I like the new digs! I haven't clicked on everything yet, but I'm so sleepy I'm going crosseyed. I did want to say that I agree that Darcy is the woman! I just looked at her new site, too.

Congratulations on the new look!

Heathahlee said...

Haha! I wanted to come back and tell you I was grabbing THE BUTTON and saw that random picture. You are a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Love the new sight! It looks so soft and beautiful....

We are working on a new site as well and yours is a great inspiration to be patient during the wait.

wife.mom.nurse said...

It is so fresh and clean and simple and wonderful and perfect...all in one!

Congratulations!

Pretty Organizer said...

Crisp and clean... with aide from a little caffeine? You've been working hard! Guess you're up to that goal you were talking about! You're making me want to get all Pretty Organized bloggy style. I haven't quite wanted to take the leap yet... need dedicated bloggy funds first.

Great job my friend. Love it! Enjoy your spanking new high heeled site and BRING ON THE ADS! You're such a rock star:) Love ya girl!

Sara said...

I love it! So clean and bright!

Melissa Stover said...

i do love it! great new look.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Very fresh! Less scrolling too!

Donna

Unknown said...

Ha, you're too cute! I LOVE it & was all "WOAH, what the hay is going on around here?" when I clicked in! It's lovely!

Ruthanne said...

I love it - and I love Darcy. She rocks! She did a fabulous job. :D

Kim said...

Great! Of course I thought you had a great blog before. Thanks for sharing with us!

The Nester said...

LOOOOOOOVE IT!

Christi said...

It's just lovely! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, I love it!

trish said...

What a great new look for you! :o)
I really like it!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

It's so lovely and refreshing. Beautiful!

Jackie ♥ said...

I like your new look! I don't have time to click on everything right now...I'm out the door to take the kids to school..but I'll check it out a little later!

Have a great day!

Jackie

Deb said...

Wow!!! It looks amazing. You look so professional now. She did a fantastic job.

Southern Charm said...

Very pretty and clean looking. I like it!

angela | the painted house said...

It's gorgeous, girl!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea for new and exciting. It's my turn - I need (well, want) to get my done. :)

Deidra said...

It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Love it! When I open your blog, it takes me to an old furniture one, but it showed up NEW!

Runner Mom said...

This is so cool! You and Darcy did a great job, Kimba!!

Hugs,
Susan

And I heart the random picture!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't see the "before", but I must say that you new look is adorable! Very fresh and clean!

Flor Larios Art said...

Wow! Love the new look..very clean

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

It looks beautiful!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Kimba, it's GORGEOUS! LOVE!!! Very nice. Darcy does awesome work.

Jennifer said...

soft and simple! I likes

BlueCastle said...

It's beautiful! Darcy simply rocks. :) Love it.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

LOVE IT!

Caroline said...

Oh looks so nice!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new digs Kimba! It's very fresh and pretty, I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time.

Malia

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Whoa! Look at you! It looks so profesh. I wish Darcy worked with Wordpress blogs because I could desperately use her help. Welcome to your new bloggy home! :-)

TidyMom said...

ok, I LOVE it and I'm so jealous! LOL
I'm trying to work on a blog makeover and I want a nice clean look like you have here!! I'm doing it myself and I'm slow LOL - I should just pay someone to do it, but I like doing that stuff

You've motivated me to get back to work on it!!

Great work Darcy!!

~TidyMom

Rachel Lundy said...

It looks great, Kimba!

Kori said...

Kimba it's lovely.

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Oh my goodness girl! It is just marvelous. It looks very "tight" and "sophisticated". I love everything about it. Darcy gave you a great masterpiece! Can't wait to see how your new design inspires you to inspire us.

:D

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Kimba,
Just wanted to let you know I got my Betty pin yesterday and have it on today. I have already gotten several compliments and I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Raise Them Up said...

I love it. Simple and Easy on the eyes! :)

pcb said...

very clean and crisp!

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Wonderful!

Amanda said...

It looks fantastic! I like your new facelift!!! :-)

Lisa said...

I love it. So simple, yet chic.

My First Kitchen said...

It looks great, Kimba!! I definitely love the facelift!! Now go take a nap. :)

Sarah Mae said...

Lovely my dear friend! Isn't fun to have a new blog design?!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Great job you AND Darcy did!

momof3girls said...

I think your new look is pretty sharp!!! You crack me up with the picture. Tell Darcy we give thumbs up!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

My blog will be proudly sporting your new button! I love the new stuff :)

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh Kimba, it's wonderful! I had to check to see what blog I was at bc I didn't recognize the new look. It's so great!

Unknown said...

Very nice! There's so much space here - I'm sure you're loving it!

emily freeman said...

woohoo! LOVE IT, GIRL! Great job Darcy, as usual. I can't wait to poke around. And I got my shiny new beautiful pin in the mail today. Wearing just for your blog launch occasion :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

A spring makeover! Lucky you! Yippee!!

My pins came to my old house since I didn't change my paypal address yet-- so my parents are driving them up to me this weekend. I cannot wait to see them! I wear my red & plaid one almost every day :-)

Enjoy your pretty new home!

xo

Remodeling Guy said...

Hi Kimba

The new look is awesome! Love it!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Looks fab!

Kelli said...

Great new look!

Meghan said...

Looks great.
Very clean & simple.
Classic design.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love it.
sandy toe

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Wow! Talk about the other end of the spectrum--it's a whole new you! It's bright and pretty! Not that the old one wasn't...I like how wide the page is! Easy to read and pretty! I seriously need to work on mine.
~Misti

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

It looks beautiful - she really is a rock star!

substandardTim said...

someone's always gotta be a party pooper...

i kind of liked the old way better. the new leaderboard banner across the top has a ton of white space(dead space) with nothing going on. Seems like if all that's going to be up there is a title then it should probably take up a lot less space.

just my opinion.

Kristen said...

Love it. Simply beautiful.

kari and kijsa said...

Kimba,

We just stopped by and everything looks incredible! We love, love, love (that's three loves) your new look! Darcy is truly gifted!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

punkinmama said...

Love the new digs! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT!!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Great new look! Much much nicer. I really like it:-)

Catherine Anne said...

Looks great
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/