23 February 2009

A Tablescape

This buffet is my interpretation of Nester's interpretation of David Jimenez's tablescape. Did you get that?



I didn't have two candlesticks of different heights so I just raised one up on a little box.



Which lamp do you like better? Chunky lamp or skinny lamp?

There is one major problem in both pictures (the same problem in both). Can you figure out what it is?

Julia from Hooked on Houses has a great take on Nester's take on David Jimenez too.



post signature

106 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Ruthanne said...

I say chunky lamp - since you have the skinny candlesticks.

Jamie said...

I also vote the chunky lamp

Christi said...

I vote chunky lamp too - looks lovely!

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

I like the chunky lamp! It seems more balanced. :)

Unknown said...

I vote for the chunky lamp too. Loved seeing your smiling face in the mirror reflection!! :)

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

I like the chunky lamp. And, seeing you too!

Vanessa Greenway said...

Chunky lamp! So pretty!

Southern Gal said...

Chunky lamp and you in the mirror!

Unknown said...

Chunky (like me!)

bonnieboatwright@gmail.com said...

I like both lamps. Can't go wrong having options to play with! And I can't figure out what the problem is. I say ignore whatever problem there is and enjoy your buffet!

Brenda said...

I'm going to be different and say the skinny lamp. It makes the eye notice the beautiful mirror. With the chunky lamp, it pulls the eye straight to the lamp. I can't see anything wrong in both pictures. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Chunky lamp. Just 'cause I'm chunky.

As for a problem? What problem? It looks perfect!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh yea...I am actually sticking to my consensus since it's the same as everyone elses. Chunky lamp, for sure. So a problem....does that mean we're supposed to go through the 1,2,3's of Tablescape and have a real "decorator" answer for you? UGH! It looks perfect, but I'll look one more time.

The Nester said...

Fat lamp.

Problem? No tassel?

duchess said...

I like the chunky lamp also. Love the plates.

Unknown said...

I vote for fatty! :-)

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Chunky!

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

Chunky lamp! Looks great!

Unknown said...

Chunky ... all the way!!

Melissa said...

Kimba~I actually like the skinny lamp~it seems to "fit" what you already have on the table, but I adore chunky~you have to use him somewhere.

Cheri said...

I am with the majority on the chunky lamp, go for it.

sharonavinger said...

Chunky lamp! Problem - maybe you need a shot of color? Something red, maybe? Looks good, though!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My vote is for the fat one - the one that looks like an urn on the bottom!

Flor Larios Art said...

I like the tall lamp...because it makes the space more elegant and sophisticated and it also gives it balance.
I love the photos, looks cozy.

Joanna said...

Chunky lamp!

Courtney said...

I actually prefer the skinny lamp, because it's shorter than the chunky one. This creates somewhat of a "pyramid" effect with the mirror being the tallest, and each side being shorter. Which I'm told is a good thing. Does this make ANY sense? It did in my head, but...

Elizabeth said...

Chunky lamp for sure womanhood! There's a problem? No greenery?

Sallie said...

I like the chuncky lamp the best. The table looks great as is, but maybe its not centered. It could be the picture angle, but that's what I get for staring at it too long to find the problem.

Dana said...

The Chunky monkey...definitely! Looks great by the way.

Amanda said...

I say go chunky!!

Tardevil said...

I vote for the skinny lamp! I think you don't like capturing yourself in the picture. I've learned to take the photo from the angle, and it avoids getting me in the picture! :O)

Darlene said...

I like the chunky lamp the best. Is the problem that the candles are not lit? I really can't see a problem.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I like how your tablescapes turned out! I actually like the bigger lamp for variety, but both look good. Clever solution to put one candlestick up on a box!

I had fun playing around with mine, too. (Thanks for the shout-out!) Since I did that post, I bought a new clock and moved things around even more. Maybe I'll switch it up every week! Ha.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

The chunky lamp - and I love the tablescape! Linda

Monica said...

Chunky lamp. It gives it more substance or something.

Psht.... Like I know what I'm talking about. LOL

Holly said...

Chunky! It looks good to me, I don't see the so-called problem!

Joy said...

Another vote for chunky lamp.
Love the Nester! She really got the ball rolling with tablescape re-dos.
Eddie Ross just posted a how-to too.

Browns said...

I like the skinny lamp--the chunky lamp overpowers everything else! Looks great!

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

Chunky lamp!...well you probably think the thing wrong is that you are in both photos...which is NOT wrong...it's charming! Love your take on the tablescape!

Anonymous said...

I actually like the skinny lamp, but both look nice! Is the "problem" that you don't have the mirror leaning against the wall and since it's round that might be asking for trouble?
denise

Carry Grace said...

I'm going with the fat lamp, and I'm guessing that you don't like that we can see you in the mirror.

V and Co. said...

CHUNKY!!!!!!! :)

Infarrantly Creative said...

Go chunky all the way.

kari and kijsa said...

We vote for the chunky lamp! We love your tablescape.

smiles, kari & kijsa

kari and kijsa said...

We vote for the chunky lamp! We love your tablescape.

smiles, kari & kijsa

Deidra said...

Gotta go with the majority here...chunky! And are you upset because we can see you in the mirror? I don't think that's a problem at all!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I like the chunky lamp and not just because everyone else does. ;) I don't see ANY problems though.

Unknown said...

I like the chunky and you need a punch of color!!

Unknown said...

I like the chunky lamp. It all looks great.

Candy Graber said...

Definitely the chunky lamp!

rossandconnierockon! said...

this is such a great tablescape! thanks for recommending the other 'scape sites too . . . I keep looking at my cubby table and think it is time for a makeover!

Oh, and chunky :)

AndreaLeigh said...

chunky lamp.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

My vote is the skinny lamp, it's a better height for the mirror. Not sure what the problem is... must be the missing Nester tassel.
~Misti

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Chunky lamp-but both actually look great! Nice tablescape-did the Nester come over and do that for you? (I know she's your sister! How great to put her to work!) :)

The Howe Family said...

Chunky lamp - provides nice contrast to skinny candles. :)

Laura said...

I like the chunky lamp! A lot. There is nothing leaning against the wall....is that what is wrong?

Heathahlee said...

Chunky lamp...it balances out the skinny candleholders.

And the fact that you are in both shots through the mirror is NOT a problem. : )

Victoria Hayden said...

The chunky lamp gives the right balance and height.

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

Very pretty. I agree, chunky lamp.

Breathing In Grace said...

I like to be different...skinny lamp...it makes it "match" the candlesticks!!! Problem..not sure..you in the mirror???

Lori said...

Chunky monkey every time!

Anonymous said...

Chunky lamp is my pick, it adds some variation on the table!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I love the chunky, but if you use that one, maybe raise the mirror just a bit, so it's taller. Nice work!!

{darlene} said...

chunky. and I totally decided before I saw your comments. but, most importantly.... which do you like????????

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

The buffet looks great. I'd definitely go with the chunky lamp.

Amanda said...

I thought chunky before I read the comments. Looks beautiful!

Valarie Lea said...

Chunky Lamp! I alos can tell anything is wrong in either picture. This also may be the reason, I am not a good decorator. :)

Decor To Adore said...

I like the chunky lamp and believe the problem might be the skinny girl. :)

Silvia said...

chunky lamp!...love your tablescape...silvia..

Unknown said...

I like the chunky lamp. The person in the mirror looks happy with her accomplishment, and she should be!

Catherine Anne said...

Chunky Lamp!
Nice setup too:)
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Chunky. :-)

Anonymous said...

I like the chunky...Ann

Beckie said...

I vote chunky! And since there are 74 posts before this one, I didn't read to see if anyone saw the "problem," but I'm guessing that it's your picture in the mirror! :-) Certainly not a problem from anyone else's perspective!

CurlyQuinn said...

I like chunky too. Problem? I think it looks great as well..however I think you might be talking about the fact that you don't have the mirror on the table. Instead of hanging, right? The idea is to have a frame/picture/mirror standing on the table, not hanging above!??!? Am I right?

queenbee said...

I think the chunky lamp looks the best. The only "problem" I see is the inability to take your tablescape picture without being in the picture. Great job!

Lilly said...

I vote the skinny lamp. I am in the minority here though. I think it makes for a more simple and classic look. Um is the issue you are referring to a certain someone appearing in the mirror? LOL

Jennifer said...

Definitely chunky lamp!

Jennifer said...

I vote for the chunky lamp!

In This Wonderful Life said...

very cute! I like the chunky lamp!

Wendy said...

I think I echo just abut everyone, but I vote for the chunky lamp. ;-)

E said...

I vote for the chunky lamp!

Monkey Giggles said...

chunky monkey lamp.

Okay...this is going to drive me crazy tonight. "WHAT is wrong in each picture" It reminds me of the cartoons in the highlight magazines. (do you remember those?) If I don't get any sleep tonight I'm blaming you.

Of course you I just kid:)

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Chunky lamp!

And I don't see a problem with either photo. . . just a beautiful lady in the mirror gracing each picture :)

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

I definitely like the first lamp. It makes things look more balanced.

Anonymous said...

Chunky... for sure!

problem with the picture... is it your reflection shows in the mirror????? no offence ;-)....

littleonemommaB

wife.mom.nurse said...

I'm goin' w/ chunky too!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Can't go wrong with chunky (peanut butter, cookies, and me - ha!)

Andrea said...

Chunky lamp, for sure!

Val R said...

I vote chunky lamp.

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

'Tis not a problem.. you are in both pictures. But hey, you look skinny, so who cares: )

Carrie said...

I vote goes against the flow, I vote skinny. I is more asmytrical(sp) with the candle sticks.

Anonymous said...

I like the height of the skinny lamp, but the look of the chunky. That's weird, I know, but I would say go with the skinny lamp because the chunky is too tall.

Now that's my two cent and if you say the major problem in both pictures is you in the reflection of the mirror I'm gonna laugh- How else would you take the picture?????

PS The pins are beautiful!

Shannon said...

I"m a little late but I like the chunky lamp. As for the major problem.....the candles aren't lit? :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kimbaroo! That's a great look. I like the chunky lamp the best. Didn't read all the comments.

Kimberly said...

I like the smaller lamp better...the arrangement with the smaller lamp just looks more balanced to me and allows the viewer to see all the elements without the lamp hogging the spotlight.

Kristen said...

I say the chunky lamp - it looks great!

Sherri said...

Beautiful table! Love the books IN the dish idea. And I like the skinny lamp. For some reason it lends my eye to more of the details on the entire table. Either is fabulous though. They both look GREAT.

Liz Nicks said...

I like the chunky...chunky is good:)

Jennifer said...

Chunky.

Jessica said...

My vote is for the chunky lamp!

Anonymous said...

I bet you think the problem is your reflection? I think its GREAT. Love the chunky lamp the best ~

Blessings Eileen @ Star's Fault

Lisa said...

For sure the chunky lamp! Love the look.

Susan said...

chunky lamp!

Becky said...

Love the tablescape--I like the chunky lamp--good idea using the box for height

4under3 said...

I know I'm way late on this one, but I still wanted in on the fun of sharing my opinion.

Chunky! Love it.

As well as your Betty pins. So cute!

Tiff