25 February 2009

A Bit of Housekeeping



Whew! I'm going to be busy packaging and mailing 569 of these little beauties today. OK. Not really that many, but a lot! You guys are awesome! Thank you.

You can still get yourself a pretty pin for spring by clicking here.



Do you know Amy Clark from MomAdvice.com? Amy is the founder of MomAdvice.com where she shares ideas for "frugal living, saving money, work at home opportunities, inexpensive recipes and tips for organizing your life."

Yesterday, Amy was on The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet talking about Work at Home Scams. You can see the segment here (she's on about half-way through the segment) and Amy's reaction to the segment here. Why am I telling you this?

First, because Amy is one of my favorite people and I know that you will love her site. Second, because she was wearing one of MY PINS during her interview! Clearly, I am becoming terribly famous. ;) This is the pin she was wearing.



We have a winner (actually 2 winners)!

We had 448 entries in the giveaway for a copy of Jeanne Winters' book, Inspirational Home: simple ideas for uplifting decor and craft

The winners are Meredith and Michelle from Life with Three. Congratulations, girls! Shoot me an email with your mailing address and I'll get all of the information to Jeanne.


That's all of the blog housekeeping for today. Now to do a little real-life housekeeping.

post signature



P.S. - The problem with the tablescapes in this post is that one of the candles had never been lit! Hello? Nester? How could you have missed that? It's Rule #10! Maybe it would have helped if you could have enlarged the photos.

19 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your pin and I was so proud to wear it. I should carry cards for you when I wear it so I can hand them out. I know people are going to be so jealous here in town when they see how beautiful they are. I am, again, so dang touched that 1. you sent one to me and 2. that you are MY friend. How lucky am I? I will be wearing my pins all over town so get ready for lots more orders :) I need to take a picture of me in it :)

Love you, Kimba!!

Runner Mom said...

Those are simply precious pins! Over 500!!!Wow! Yep, chickadee, you're famous--you've arrived!! :).

If you get a minute, please check out my decorating dilemma on my blog! Would love your input! Think I'm gonna try to do this on a regular Wednesday basis! AT least, I'll try!

Hugs,
Susan

::Traci:: said...

Awesome, famous pin woman!!

Tiffany said...

Don't let all this fame go to your head. Just remember that we knew you when. :D

Our Complete Family said...

You're going to be one busy gal! Congrats on all the orders. They are adorable!!!

Ruthanne said...

Yea for you, Kimba!! :D

trish said...

Oh boy! That is so neat that Ms. Amy had your pin on!! :o) I know you must have been so excited! :o)
I am visiting MomAdvice blog today, I had not been there before. Thank you for linking us!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Tanya said...

love your spring bling! way to go!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Laughing because you almost tempted me to click over and order another pin. I didn't even see that one yesterday when I was on my buying spree!!!! It is lovely. Sigh. Oh well. I'll leave some inventory for someone else.

Amy is so sweet, glad she brought your pin to wear on TV!

xo

{darlene} said...

so cool about the pin, you famous gal!!

queenbee said...

Your pins are so pretty and unique. Do you cut each one out by hand?

Unknown said...

Wow - you are famous! :) Your pin looked gorgeous! Congrats to the book winners!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh my goodness...remember us little people...the ones that knew you "when." :)

Deidra said...

Congrats on the famous (infamous?) pin! And how in the world did we all miss that one unburned candle? ; )

Unknown said...

Well, congrats on all that exposure!! (Make sure you mail out my pin before the millions of new orders start flooding in:))

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Congrats on the "product placement!!" :-) How fun!! Your work is just darling! Congrats also to the two book winners!!!!

dmvoccola said...

When I read 569, I about choked. With those numbers I thought mine might arrive sometime in the fall! And then I thought that surely your blogging days would be over! :) I wish your business well, but sure don't want you to have to stop typing to make pins. What a relief that you were just kidding!

Pretty Organizer said...

Look at you! Yeah and congrats on the sales:) It looks like you only need 1 sale to get on T.V! Great job Kimba. Love your fun posts. I'll be praying that your fingers don't freeze into flower cutting position! Can't afford to have you crippled- we need your blogging!

Still Learning said...

How excited you must have been seeing her wear your pin!! They are beautiful by the way, I was showing my teen your pins yesterday and she loved them too. I wish I had a pretty coat so I could order one. Not too many occassions to wear coats in GA.
I have to confess I fell for the envelope stuffing scams about 9 years ago. I lost like $100 overall. Boy did I feel dumb.