28 December 2008

Sunday Morning


photo credit: flickr

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1-2

13 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

jennykate77 said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful scripture. I'm so glad that He is the author and finisher of my faith. Thanks for the gentle reminder. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimba! Hope your Christmas was wonderful and you are getting to spend some good family time with your loved ones. What a year it has been! Im looking forward to the new year soon. Are you going to Blog conf. in Feb.? I would love to go but would have to jump through a few hoops to get there. It sounds like a ton of fun~

Deborah said...

Thank you...I needed this Scripture today. For the past 2 days I've been bogged down with circumstances that have allowed me to become discouraged and ready to throw up my hands. I have to put those aside and continue the race that is before me. Thank you again.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Thank you for the perfect reminder this Sunday, Kimba. I think the image matches the feelings the passage provides just perfectly.
Katie

Traci said...

I appreciated so much your post. It touched my heart in a way that only the Savior Himself can know. Thank you~

Angie Ochoa said...

Hey Kimba! It's Angie, from Rio Oso Designs. I have a brand new blog...it's my "mommy" blog this time. I added you to my blogroll. I hope your Christmas was truly wonderful. Have a blessed New Year!

God bless!
Angie

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Such a lovely picture and beautiful scripture verse. I hope you have a blessed week

Heathahlee said...

Oh, that I would fix my eyes on Jesus! Thanks, Kimba girl.

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Beautiful Picture and Scripture. Thank you!

Pretty Organizer said...

Merry late Christmas!

Just did my first real post- Christmas post too! Nice to be back.

Relatives are almost all gone and the real greenery that I stuffed into my garland is wilting and begging to go to the compost pile. I'm planning on a week of cleaning (lazily) while the man can still haul items to the garage.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday. And... Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!
Love that scripture:)

Blessings to you,

KayEllen

Shell in your Pocket said...

Beautiful picture!
-sandy toes

Erika said...

This is one of my favorites! To know that all those witnesses - our heavenly family - are cheering us on to win the race and keep our eyes fixed on what is important is so encouraging to me!! I think of this scripture often, and it always gives me a little lift! Thanks!