30 August 2009

Sunday Morning



Edited to add: The story of the hymn writer, Horatio G. Spafford, is incredible. It is a true testimony to trusting God for your peace. Click here to read a short version of his story.

18 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite hymns...not sure about this arrangement though. If you don't know it already, you need to read the story behind the hymnwriter and how this song came about...talk about trusting God for your peace!

Glad to hear it is well with your soul this morning, my friend. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Love,
K

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog - so glad I found it (via Nesting)!
Blessings!

Debbie Petras said...

What a unique take on this song! I enjoyed it very much and the graphics were so modern compared to most on this song. But I liked it. I always look forward to reading your Sunday Morning posts Kimba. Have a blessed Sunday!

Debbie

randee said...

thanks, kimba, for something a little different. i love the surfer chick.

i love the story behind the song, too. He is our peace when everything around us seems to be crashing in. and - sometimes it feels like the next big wave is gonna do me in, but praise God! even if it does, it is well with my soul.

blessings & peace -

randee

Unknown said...

I have always loved this story! I love in Pa too :) How cool is that Kimba? : ) Hope you are having a wonderful day at church. God bless.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Thanks for sharing Kimba. I enjoyed the music and it is just what I needed to be reminded of this morning.

Moore Minutes said...

Beautiful and timeless hymns are such a blessing.

shelly said...

Loved the song! Sometimes it's easy to over look the meaning of songs that are so familiar....thanks for posting it (you got my toes tappin and my heart singin!). What a better way to deal with sea billows of trouble then to surf and enjoy the ride!!!

Anonymous said...

Kimba, as I have recently stepped out of a dark moment this hymn is so appropriate for me today. :)

Carrie said...

This is my father's favorite hymn. Love it and there is a wonderful story behind it.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

i love that arrangement - Jars of Clay is one of my favorite groups! happy sunday!

Anonymous said...

what a fun version...I LOVE IT!

Lisa said...

I LOVE this hymn! His story is heartbreaking and inspiring. I use to have it on my cell as a ringer..need to do that again. Thanks!
:)Lisa
kssnnikkel.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

I didn't have to click on the history, I KNOW if very well. This is most likely my favorite hymn. Instead of singing How Great Thou Art, Amazing Grace and In the Garden at funerals (I'm a singer), if I know the person well,I think that I'll suggest this hymn. I absoluely LOVE it!

Candace said...

This has always been one of my favorite hymns and the story sends chills up my spine every time I hear it. Thanks for sharing today!

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

great choice...cool arrangement! thanks for sharing :)

Every Day Blessings said...

I just read a book this summer called Finding Anna, I got it at a Garage sale for 25 cents and it was this story. It is a powerful story that I really enjoyed.
Thanks for posting.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Interesting take on my favorite hymn. The last verse gets me every single time! PTL!