09 August 2009

Sunday Morning


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 11:28-30

19 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Debbie Petras said...

I look forward to reading your Sunday morning Scriptures. This one is very special to me.

BTW, I had a blog makeover and used yours as an example of blog designs I love. It really is a soft place to land.

Amy said...

I love this scripture. It seems I am often tired and weary and it really is only God that can offer me the rest I need.

Kathy C. said...

Beautiful scripture...thank you.
Have a Jesus filled day!

Trisha said...

This is a beautiful scripture. One that I needed to hear! Thank you!

I love the picture, did you take it? Can you tell me where it is?

These Are The Days said...

I love this verse too, I can always count on you for a nice Sunday Morning post.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a wonderful verse of God's love and provision. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Tamara Jansen said...

Very lovely. Have a blessed and restful Sunday.

Richella said...

I don't see a photo credit. . . Kimba, did you take that photo?? It's beautiful! And once again, it's such a good fit for the scripture.

What a good verse to remember for this season of life.
Bless you.

Suzann said...

absolutely wonderful. Thank you.

The Boones said...

Exactly the scripture reading I needed, especially, after working 3 12hour shifts in a row. Thanks!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Happy Sunday Kimba,
Beautiful picture, and one of my
favorite scriptures as well.
Have a great day,
Blessings, Nellie

Farmgirl Paints said...

Beautiful image to go with that wonderful scripture.

Maria said...

Beautiful scripture ~ Bread for the journey ~ Maria

Unknown said...

Hoping you have a blessed sunday!

phillips phamily said...

Just read this one in Denise Glenn's Motherwise bible study! Hmmmmmmmmm, is God trying to send me a message???

Anonymous said...

I enjoy receiving "God" through others, so thank you for your Sunday posts Kimba. This world , I think, could be a better place, if more of us could shout out to others.....

~Chris said...

Thank you for this place of rest for our souls.
~Chris

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to stop by and leave a comment because I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Such lovely pictures and writing. Thank you for sharing it !

Anonymous said...

I'm just reading this post today, but know that it was just what I needed to hear. Resting and being still is something I'm being slapped in the face with...thanks for sharing. It is not always fun learning lessons in life, but certainly needed. Thanks for being willing to be used by God through this post!