05 August 2009

DIY Day!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

It's time for DIY Day! Time for you to link up DIY home projects, makeovers, crafts...even a great recipe, if you want. Every good party needs good food, right?

Before I tell you about the prize that's up for grabs this week, I have a question for you...Should we keep DIY Day going after the summer? It was originally going to be a summer thing, but there's been such a huge response that I'm thinking about keeping it going. What do you think? Tell me in the comments.

Now the prize! Kelly from Purple Lemon Designs is offering one lucky winner a set of 30 custom designed, professionally printed flat cards and envelopes! ($45 value). You'll work directly with Kelly to create the perfect design for you. How cool is that?

Purple Lemon Designs is also full of customized personal and business stamps. I have this one for my Etsy shop and I love it! I've been eyeing this one for personal use. And her printable stationery designs like this one and this one are so pretty (and thrifty)! Kelly did the design work, you print it yourself with her easy-to-follow directions.

Let's get to the linking! The Kelly from Purple Lemon Designs is going to pick her favorite post as the winner!

If you want to use the pretty DIY Day button, you can grab it over in my far-right column. Here's the rules...

  1. Add a permalink to your specific post, not the main page of your blog.
  2. Include a short description of your DIY project in parenthesis after the name of your blog.
  3. Link to this party from your post so everyone can get in on the fun.

If you come back and see that your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again. No worries! Please note that the links will close at 10 pm EST on Thursday night, in order to keep away the spammers! Booooooo, spammers.



59 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Joanna said...

I hope you keep it going! Although I might run out of things to craft or show..Well, maybe not...I do have a new recipe once a week! *smiles*

But I do enjoy seeing what everybody else has done too!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!! I'm # 1 on the list. I can't believe it. Yes, please keep this going through the summer. I love it. And what a nice giveaway prize too. I'm off to check out their site.

Richella Parham said...

Hey girl--

I was one of the first people to link up to this party, but by the time I sat down to type this comment, there were 17 entries already. Yes, I think you could say the response has been huge. I'd say you have a winner here.

I think people would love for you to keep this going. I don't know how much trouble it is for you to host it every week (never having hosted a linky party, I'm not sure what's entailed). But I would love for you to keep doing at least periodically if not every week. I love it! It's fun to participate and it's fun to see what everyone else is doing.

Thanks again for having us!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Kimba! Thanks again for hosting...I LOVE this party. I get so many fun ideas (many of them doable!!!) and I get lots of nice comments too. :) You are such a sweetheart to do this! Fun, fun, fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE DIY DAY! Even though I do Transformation Thursday, I love seeing what everyone has to show off here! It's nice to learn new things each week, and I love that they are all gathered in one place I already love to visit!

Joan@anythinsggoeshere said...

How are scammers affecting the links? What is happening?

Embellished Bayou said...

Oh, yes let's keep it going....if not every week at least once a month!

Caroline said...

I look forward every week to DIY Day Kimba...I probably wouldn't be able to participate every week as I go back to work at the end of August but I certainly would try. I know I would visit every link to see what everyone is doing.

Jo said...

I think with the holidays coming up there will be more DIY projects. I have been working on Christmas items I figure no one is ready to see them quite yet so I'm saving for the future.....Jo

Andréann said...

oh no! I missed the party by 1 hour!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

OH Yeah! Keep it going, Kimba! I totally look forward to this!!

Anny said...

You should definitely continue doing this - its such a great opportunity to meet other creative bloggers :D

kirwin @ graceful creative said...

You should absolutely, positively, without a doubt keep it going!! I love Thursdays because of this. : )

Even when I run out of things to post, it's awesome to have a ton of creative links to look through.

Thanks Kimba! You rock.

Cheryl said...

Why yes, you silly girl, you should keep doing this DIY day! How else am I ever going to get anything done without the weekly goal of posting something on your blog. Silly-silly girl :-P

Mary Virginia said...

Not participating in DIY, but I LOVE that stationary and might just go purchase some for myself anyway! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please keep it going. I love looking at all the fabulous ideas! So much inspiration, I look forward to it all week. :)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

YES! I think you should keep t going. It's fun!

Tamara Jansen said...

Definitely you need to keep going :)

Tea Rose Home said...

I would love it if you keep this fun party going after the summer too!!

Poulsen Family said...

I'd love if you kept this going, I'm late to the party, but have loved the inspiration and amazing transformations and great things I've found through this linky party!

Anonymous said...

Yes, pleeeaaassse keep the DIY Thursdays going! I love them and they inspire me to do more around the house. :) Gosh, the giveaway this week is terrific! I love monograms!

Now I'm going to check out all the other fabulous projects.

I love Thursdays!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Thanks for hosting again, Kimba! Cool giveaway, too!

Mrs. (not) the Jet Set said...

Keep it going! I look forward to DIY Day and have more time for projects (and browsing) in the winter when the kids are in school and I'm snow bound from my gardens.

Dusa said...

Yes, please keep it going - at least for a few more months. It's inspiring and motivating (plus, I'm checking out a lot more bloggers). Thanks for hosting!

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

I say keep it going! It is such an inspiration to see all of the projects. thanks!

knittingknirvana said...

I love this party and I hope you keep it going. I haven't participated because I thought that my projects "don't count". Until today!!! Thank you for clarifying that crafts DO COUNT!!! :) :) :) Now, go check out my hilarious Elmo hat!!

E said...

I think you should keep it going! I've gotten so many good ideas from DIY day!!!

Ann and Billy said...

Oh please keep it going. This is my favorite and sometimes only party to visit. Right now I can't seem to get finished with last weeks but don't want to miss anything.

Cheryl said...

I have loved DIY day on Thursdays. I hope you keep it as a feature. There are so many creative and talented ladies out there. I am always amazed and inspired when I pop over here on Thursdays.

Shelley said...

Holy Moly! This is the first time I've ever been to a Mr. Linky party. I found you cruising around blogland and your DIY was just what I needed to finish up the bathroom (10pm last night). I had no idea there would be so many people here! How will I get anything done today with so much good reading?

grannyann said...

I might not have something every week but I do love to look at others. I say keep it going. Thanks for hosting.

Tonya said...

You can't stop DIY day!!! I'm moving into a new house in a few short weeks that needs some major updating...wallpaper in the kitchen; plain, white walls in the living room; a huge laundry/mud room.

I've been browsing through all the great ideas and saving my faves.

I {heart} DIY day!

Alisa said...

Yes, Yes, Yes you should keep it going girl!!!! There are way too many good DIY projects out there in bloggy land and this is the best way to see tons of them. Love it...thanks!

Anonymous said...

Kimba
I love your diy days! I could stay on these posts forever! Do you think there is a way in your blog design that once I click a link from your blog that it would change color so when I come back later, I could tell which links I already clicked on? Does that make sense? Thanks for your super great blog!
Susan

Karen said...

I have learned so much by visiting your blog and your many guest's blogs. Please keep a good thing going!

Unknown said...

I LOVE DIY day... I feel like the ideas are fantastic, there is a wide range of variety in types of projects and I always stumble upon some fabulous blog that I didn't know about before.

The only problem with DIY day is the length of my to-make list currently after seeing the brilliance of your readers each thursday- haha!

All of this to say, I love the idea of keeping it going!

Karen said...

Ooopsy! Please forgive me! I first entered my entire blog, instead of the post. I corrected it, hope it doesn't cause a problem. Karen

Jo said...

I'd love to see DIY day keep going. It's great motivation for me to actually get things done. Thanks for hosting!

Missy said...

Kimba, I just want you to know that I went garage saling this am, and I was channeling you. Could you feel some of your power leaving you?

I got some of those old embroidered dishrags for .50-$1 a piece. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them.

There was an old dresser that would be perfect to redo but DOH! it was sold already!

Kristi said...

Kimba, this is so much fun! What a great motivator to get projects finished. Thanks for being such a gracious host each week. Blessings to you!

Carrie said...

I think you should keep it going too! I love stalking all the projects. It's a great "one stop shop" for good ideas!

Georgia Girl said...

Absolutely! I come here instead of all those other sites places have on the web. One stop and it is all here and with the Fall and Christmas holidays coming so many ideas to use for gifts and for home...Oh I hope you continue this weekly linky.

I actually joined in on Joanna's (your first commenter) weekly recipe linky and then you came up with one so I decided to do both and add them in both linkys...

your right what's a party without food.

Unknown said...

I'm a fan. I'd love to see you keep DIY Day a regular weekly thing. I can only imagine how fun it would be during the holidays :)

The DIY Day has given me much to anticipate for my own home. I get lots of ideas.

Corrie said...

Hi Kimba! I'm thrilled to be participating in this party - - and, yes, you should keep it going.
I've loved reading your blog!

Connie from Beverly Hills California said...

Yes I think you should keep it going. It will be great to see what the holidays will bring. Connie

Little Lovables said...

Oh no, I forgot to put my project in parantheses!!

I would love to you to continue DIY day, maybe only every other week or so though, b/c it takes me that long to go through all of the posts!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE keep DIY day! My sister and I both check your blog daily since the DIY started, and I have found numerous other blogs I love through yours. It has been very inspirational for me. Thanks!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Keep it going! Please!

Gretchen said...

Keep it going!!!
We love it and we love you!!!

Laurel said...

Keep it going! Love it and thanks for the motivation. ;)

Elle Jay Bee said...

I joined up...better late than never! It seems to be my motto these days...

I love that so many bloggers take on great projects like the ones here. My project involved my hubby, but I got in there too, and did what I could. He did the part requiring one to be over 5ft 4 inches!!

LindaLou said...

I love DIY days. My gf & I check out the links and get great inspiration. I hope you keep doing it.

Anonymous said...

Her store is awesome! I am going to check it out more!

The Blushing Hostess said...

Kimba - thank you for encouraging me to put in a recipe. Very grateful you are an equal opportunity DIY hoster!

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

I say heck yeah - keep it going! ;) I know I love these parties to keep giving me ideas and motivation to do new projects! Thanks, Kimba!

jaime@ a place out west said...

I love DIY day! I vote for keeping it going!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I think you should keep it going. Christmas is coming up, and you could do specific things like ideas for Christmas presents, DIY holiday decorating,etc. I look forward to this every Thursday, and have come away with some great ideas to use. Jackie

Dawn said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Please keep DIY day going!!! It's such a great source of inspiration and something that I've come to look forward to after a long day of work!

kristenly said...

i love diy day! i would hate to see it go.