24 July 2009

Linky Love

I'm exhausted! At last count there were over 150 posts linked up for DIY Day! THAT is the ultimate linky love! If you haven't had a chance to browse through, go take a look. There is some fantastic stuff in there.

Here are just a few of my faves along with some other things I've seen this week.

I WILL find something in my house that I can paint this beautiful peacock blue color. Edie from Life in Grace did it to her pine armoire and she gives a great tutorial on the french painting technique.

I can hardly believe that this is the same kitchen. You must check out this makeover from Twice Remembered. If you like lots of pictures, make sure you keep scrolling through the post. Stunning!

I've been trying to figure out what to do with the red-hot mess that is my laundry room, so this makeover from Blue Creek Home caught my eye.

I love this bench makeover from Ashley's Busy! If I had 5 kids, they could each have their own time-out spot.

Melaine from The Old White Cottage turned a closet into a crafting station. Brilliant!

I was JUST eyeballing an old milk glass chandelier at the thrift store. I wanted to like it but I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Amber Dusick inspired me with her makeover.

Makin' baby pop art ~ Inspiring Ideas

Painted kitchen cabinets and a to-die-for floor ~ Grass Stains

Hope Now madeover her kiddo's Power Wheels Jeep! I love it! My boys better watch out 'cause mama is about to paint flames down the side of their Jeep.

Window pane project ~ a la mode

Make your own bird's nest
~ the place we call home

Rosemary candied walnuts ~ kojodesigns

Mom's gazpacho ~ Join us in the kitchen







16 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Oh my! I was so excited to see that blue armoir. I have that exact armoir and another like it that I was thinking of painting a seaglass blue.

Then, I scrolled down and saw my craft closet! Even more exciting! Thank you so much!

Diane said...

Really neat. I love the blue. It would give my earth toned rooms a real POP!

Cindy said...

I have a large 1980's china hutch, want to paint it, and can't decide! First I think white...then blue, then turquoise! Oh geeze! I'll keep coming back to blogs like yours but, ohhhh! That blue!

Unknown said...

Great Kimba! That for all of the links. I LOVE your blog.

Charla

grannyann said...

Great tips and I love that armoire!!
Thanks

Blue Creek Home said...

I am honored to be included in this group of talented girls whose entries you mentioned.
The blue armior, and the kitchen re-do, they are all just fabulous!
Thanks a bunch!
Rhonda

edie said...

Oh what a fun surprise when I opened my reader to your blog and there was my armoire!!! Thanks so much Kimba! I always enjoy your link list.

Suzann said...

WOW! Some awesome places to pop in for a visit. Thanks!!!

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

OH my, I LOVE that armoire! Fabulous! Thank you so much for including my kitchen makeover in this entry...I've really enjoyed "meeting" the many wonderful visitors you've sent my way. And thank you for hosting a DIY link party. It was so much fun discovering new, inspiring blogs!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the linky love! I know that there are a ton of old power wheels around and wanted to share how to give them new life! Have a blessed day!!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Oh - saw that armoire, too! Striking!! Love the laundry room, the bench - better go make the rounds and see them all!

(Hey - I'm in there, too! Coolio, Kim!!! Merci beaucoup!!)

Amber said...

Love all your picks as usual. I try to get through all 100+ links on DIY days but sometimes I miss a few so look forward to your highlights! Thanks for linking to my milk glass light redo!

Kimberly Wright said...

Thanks for sharing all the great links with us today. Lots of great ideas!

Rue said...

Hi Kimba :)

I'll have to go check out the other links, because just what you've shown here is fantastic!

Thanks for the visit! It was nice to hear from you :)

rue

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Kimba!!!! Another link to me! Wow, I am totally flattered and thankful. Thank you so much for featuring my bench; I'm so glad you liked it :)

And, you totally rock, I thought I'd just add that in ;)

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.